Platinum Mike Perry opens up as a huge favorite against Jake Ellenburger - safe bet?

giphy.gif
We're into swordfights like the fucking crusaders.
<{ohyeah}>

Heavy handed Jake vs glasschin Perry.
Ellenburger by KO round 1

Glass chin ?
A61dV.gif

Platinum Mike has never been ko'd in his whole career
He has 100% of his finishes via Ko while Ellen is at 61%...

<JagsKiddingMe><{vega}>

Betting the house and the bank on Mike is not only a safe bet its is mandatory sign of mental wellness

Mike Perry size advantage? He's literally the smallest guy at welterweight and will most likely move down to 155 once he starts getting thrown around by bigger wrestlers and grapplers

Mike Perry size advantage? He's literally the smallest guy at welterweight and will most likely move down to 155 once he starts getting thrown around by bigger wrestlers and grapplers
Mike Perry used to kill himself to make 155, and he's bigger than Tyron Woodley.....

jxijZe7.jpg

Woodley_Tweet.png

and look at his physique at 170. Even if you think he could lose 15lbs based on that, he's said multiple times he cannot physically do it anymore and having fight camps entirely based around a weight cut is not healthy or intelligent.

Ue7Oju8.jpg

really? if I gambled Id consider a punt on Jake.... he might not be doing that great lately but he still has freakish power in his hands

Any version of Ellenberger by destruction.

Easy fight. Bet smart - bet Ellenberger

Glass chin ?
A61dV.gif

Platinum Mike has never been ko'd in his whole career
He has 100% of his finishes via Ko while Ellen is at 61%...

<JagsKiddingMe><{vega}>

Betting the house and the bank on Mike is not only a safe bet its is mandatory sign of mental wellness

Perry got dropped hard by a jab from someone who isn't known for power.
That's not a good look.

Perry got dropped hard by a jab from someone who isn't known for power.
That's not a good look.
flash KD and Mike didn't even properly go down ... stop exaggerating.

He wobbled Jouban with a cuff upside the head ffs :p

giphy.gif

Jake has way more experience. I see him KO'ing Perry for his first KO loss. Then hopefully, the hype train pulls into the station for good. I got a kick out of Tyron calling him humble. Evidently he didn't see his last couple weigh-ins. Just the opposite of humble.

Mike Perry used to kill himself to make 155, and he's bigger than Tyron Woodley.....

jxijZe7.jpg

Woodley_Tweet.png

and look at his physique at 170. Even if you think he could lose 15lbs based on that, he's said multiple times he cannot physically do it anymore and having fight camps entirely based around a weight cut is not healthy or intelligent.

Ue7Oju8.jpg
Tyson walks around 200lbs. There is no way Perry walks at 200lbs bud. Think what you want though lol, Perry is a small welterweight period. You're showing me one photo oh him with Woodley. There are photos of sage looking bigger than Woodley too but pictures can be deceptive and you know that and everyone knows Woodley is much larger than sage.

Tyson walks around 200lbs. There is no way Perry walks at 200lbs bud. Think what you want though lol, Perry is a small welterweight period.
Tyron probably isn't as disciplined as Mike Perry when it comes to dieting etc

notice how Tyron gasses in every fight where he's forced to compete? Mike doesn't and that's because he gets better value for his muscle. If there was a 165lb division I'd be fine with Mike moving down, but not 155 where he can't even focus on preparing for the fight itself because the main battle is making weight. Sure he's not a natural WW but he ain't a natural LW either.

Platinum has this. 2017 - Year of Mike Perry !!!

Tyron probably isn't as disciplined as Mike Perry when it comes to dieting etc

notice how Tyron gasses in every fight where he's forced to compete? Mike doesn't and that's because he gets better value for his muscle. If there was a 165lb division I'd be fine with Mike moving down, but not 155 where he can't even focus on preparing for the fight itself because the main battle is making weight. Sure he's not a natural WW but he ain't a natural LW either.

That's making an assumption. Tyron is naturally much thicker than Perry but saying Perry is more disciplined is you just making a total guess. Perry is like 5 foot 9 or the foot 10 and Woodley is the foot 8 to 5 foot 9. We will see how he fairs at welterweight but my guess is he ends up eventually getting totally overpowered by the larger welterweight if he ends up winning more. Perry obviously didn't have top camps and nutritionists before he was in the ufc and if he did now that he's in the ufc making more money, I bet he would easily be able to make the cut to 155. There are lightweights larger than him already too. But we will see.

That's making an assumption. Tyron is naturally much thicker than Perry but saying Perry is more disciplined is you just making a total guess. Perry is like 5 foot 9 or the foot 10 and Woodley is the foot 8 to 5 foot 9. We will see how he fairs at welterweight but my guess is he ends up eventually getting totally overpowered by the larger welterweight if he ends up winning more. Perry obviously didn't have top camps and nutritionists before he was in the ufc and if he did now that he's in the ufc making more money, I bet he would easily be able to make the cut to 155. There are lightweights larger than him already too. But we will see.
sure I don't know that his dieting is better than Mike's, but Mike stays disciplined out of fight camps and that's why he's always in good shape. It's well documented in his instagram posts too.

It doesn't mean he can cut the same amount of weight as a flat blob, and if Woodley is walking around at 205lbs then he's obviously not staying in shape between every fight (maybe some, but not all) or he's not dieting intelligently.

Woodley has also stunk up the show for the majority of the UFC fights he's competed in too. He couldn't do what Mike does activity wise if his life depended on it.

Woodley is richer than Mike, but if he isn't getting the right kind of advice that's suitable for his own physique, then what does it matter who Mike's working with if he IS getting the right kind of advice and it's costing him a fraction of the money?

Nothing's a safe bet in MMA but at this point I think Mike Perry is a terrible matchup for a guy like Burger. He has lead in his fists, is aggressive as hell, and is white trash tough. Whoever says he has a glass jaw needs to get their head checked. The guy has absorbed monstrous shots from legit KO strikers and bounced back without issue. Burger probably still has insane KO power buried down deep inside him, but he never unleashes it any more (except for the Brown fight, which was totally unexpected) and folds like a futon when cracked hard. Kampmann wrecked the Juggernaut and Platinum Perry is gonna get himself back in the win column.

The platinum one should be a 10-0 favorite against anyone ........ ANYONE!

Okay maybe he might only be 5-1 against Prime Fedor

an even money against the Groovy one:oops:

Nothing's a safe bet in MMA but at this point I think Mike Perry is a terrible matchup for a guy like Burger. He has lead in his fists, is aggressive as hell, and is white trash tough. Whoever says he has a glass jaw needs to get their head checked. The guy has absorbed monstrous shots from legit KO strikers and bounced back without issue. Burger probably still has insane KO power buried down deep inside him, but he never unleashes it any more (except for the Brown fight, which was totally unexpected) and folds like a futon when cracked hard. Kampmann wrecked the Juggernaut and Platinum Perry is gonna get himself back in the win column.
I agree, christmas has come early for The Platinum One with this matchup!

7LdevHH.jpg

Back