Platform exclusives

Panmisiek

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Platform exclusives. What is the reason for it?

According to the sources, exclusive games are linked to increased sales of the specific hardware, be it PS4, Xbox and so on.

I do understand the war between consoles but why PC is being involved as well makes no sense to me.
I hate playing on consoles, period. I am not used to operating pad, same as some of my friends are not used to play with keyboard and mouse.

I am gaming for a long long time since Commodore 64, I had some console experience in the past with Mortal Kombat games, and it was fun and since about 2001 is PC non stop. There is no currently a game, and there never will be a game which will make me switch to console. Even if Cyberpunk announcement come tomorrow 'sorry PC users, only consoles' Even though it is my first $100+ gold super exclusive pre order game, I would just had to let it go believe or not (there was plenty of games like that before).

I mean some gaming companies are focused mainly on console games while the others on PC due to skills (?) or other beyond control reasons. But there is also looooots of games which are made specifically for one platform as a strategic sale point.

What about you? Do you game only on one platform or it doesn't make a difference to you? Let me know in the comment below.

Good read - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Console_exclusivity

Last edited:
I'm not sure I understand the question, the OP is a little disjointed. Are you asking why a company would release a playstation exclusive, but not release it on PC at the same time?

But to answer "What about you? Do you game only on one platform or it doesn't make a difference to you?": PC and Switch. There have been a few PS exclusives that I've wanted to play but I can't justify it. I've got a backlog of Steam games that will last me years, anyway.

Back