Plantar fasciitis

• Thread starter Deleted member 409801
  • Start date
heat... massage... stretch.. and wear the orthotic... pop a NSAID as needed...

the key is orthotic that puts a bit of tension on the big toe.. i have the darco night splint

i usually get over it after a few days...

I have chronic plantar fascitis.
After I stopped running and started working more than ever, and being a chef and very agitated im always standing.
I wear asics tennis and they are great, but i would love a cure.

My wife has it. The doctor told her to put her feet in cold water for 5 mins and then hot for 5 mins and repeat that for a half hour every night.
She also just picked up custom orthotics that were about 450 bucks. Thank fuck insurance covered them.

I have light to travel size planter fasciitis I'm my right foot as a consequence of my back issues. Right leg tingles and my right heel gets so numb it hurts. It gets harder than my dick. I'm also extremely flat footed so could never be drafted to war.

Never have before until a month ago in my left foot. Bought a foot massage roller to help relieve the discomfort

heat... massage... stretch.. and wear the orthotic... pop a NSAID as needed...

the key is orthotic that puts a bit of tension on the big toe.. i have the darco night splint

i usually get over it after a few days...

" Couple days" , that'd be nice. I'm pretty sure I dicked around and let it go long enough where I'm looking at months anyways. Lesson learned.

@Al Gorithm
I had the steps wrong

-Fill a bowl with warm water mix in a tbs of epsom salt
-Fill another bowl with cold water with a few ice cubes and a tbs of epsom salt
-place both feet in cold water for 30 seconds
-then place both feet in warm water for 30 seconds
-repeat for 15 changes

Do this once in the morning and in the evening for a total of 7 days. It's important to do the warm water last then dry your feet to leave the arteries wide.

I copied this off of the doctors instructions. I hope this helps.

@Al Gorithm
I had the steps wrong

-Fill a bowl with warm water mix in a tbs of epsom salt
-Fill another bowl with cold water with a few ice cubes and a tbs of epsom salt
-place both feet in cold water for 30 seconds
-then place both feet in warm water for 30 seconds
-repeat for 15 changes

Do this once in the morning and in the evening for a total of 7 days. It's important to do the warm water last then dry your feet to leave the arteries wide.

I copied this off of the doctors instructions. I hope this helps.
Will try....thanks!

Sounds like the name of some roman legion

Plantar Fasciitis
SPQR

I am Scriptus Readus and you are my legia omoplata

stop running, its bad for you.

just walk everywhere, it takes longer but you are in a lot better state when the journey is over. Humans never run anywhere unless they needed food.

That’s because it’s Latin

giphy.gif

Its been a few months and the thread got bumped so an update is probably due.

Did the 43 mile hike in the beginning of Oct and the affected foot hurt the entire time , I walked the whole thing with a slight limp. I was pretty sure that I was destroying my foot and would need surgery or something.

Well , I finished and was as expected , completely hobbled for a few days , and did zero running or non necessary walking for about 2 -3 weeks after. The crazy thing is that after this period of rest that came after completely tearing it down my foot actually healed! I'm back running like normal now and am having zero issues. I'm not sure what happened , but have a theory that maybe I stretched it so much in that effort that it became unbound if you will , or lengthend and only after that happened could it heal properly. I had tried all manner of rest and other therapies beforehand without success.

I'm wondering what footwear you used for your 43 mile hike.

Brand/Model? Original insoles/custom/off the shelf aftermarket? Did they get any breaking in? Socks (type/one pair/two pair)?

Its been a few months and the thread got bumped so an update is probably due.

Did the 43 mile hike in the beginning of Oct and the affected foot hurt the entire time , I walked the whole thing with a slight limp. I was pretty sure that I was destroying my foot and would need surgery or something.

Well , I finished and was as expected , completely hobbled for a few days , and did zero running or non necessary walking for about 2 -3 weeks after. The crazy thing is that after this period of rest that came after completely tearing it down my foot actually healed! I'm back running like normal now and am having zero issues. I'm not sure what happened , but have a theory that maybe I stretched it so much in that effort that it became unbound if you will , or lengthend and only after that happened could it heal properly. I had tried all manner of rest and other therapies beforehand without success.

Good to see it got better. Seems there is no real known cause or cure. It's different for everybody.

I have light to travel size planter fasciitis I'm my right foot as a consequence of my back issues. Right leg tingles and my right heel gets so numb it hurts. It gets harder than my dick. I'm also extremely flat footed so could never be drafted to war.

As a fellow Canadian I'm OK with this

Back