Plant-based “meat” is so tasty that Europe’s meat industry has to bite back

Where do you stand on the issue of polyunsaturated fats and their link to increased brain development? Btw, just so you know I completely agree with your quote above.
Honestly I'm not sure that I've heard of what you're talking about.

Gawddamnit, now I have to google 'seiten'.

223415-600x600-A.jpg

Seiten is used to make this. I like to use it when I make peppered steak over rice with vegan friendly gravy. I'm telling you, you would never realize that it's meatless.

I think there are a lot of people, who if presented with a plant based alternative that tasted EXACTLY like it's meat counter part, they'd switch over in a heart beat. The reality is, though people may feel there is a moral reason to switch, the enjoyment of meaty food makes the switch impossible.

For me to switch, it would have to be everything. Eggs, cakes, burgers, steaks, chicken etc. If they suddenly figure that out, I'd have no issue switching.

Would people really have an issue if it looked, smelled and tasted the same? I'd go for whichever was cheaper. Or, if the plant based was much healthier Id go for that given that the cost difference wasnt that high.

But the issue seems to be labels, not actually the product. Like if a meatless butcher in the US called their food Baccon.

Would people really have an issue if it looked, smelled and tasted the same? I'd go for whichever was cheaper. Or, if the plant based was much healthier Id go for that given that the cost difference wasnt that high.

But the issue seems to be labels, not actually the product. Like if a meatless butcher in the US called their food Baccon.

I think those on the fence would go instantly, but yeah cheaper is good too - though that will take some time for the process/investment to take its foothold in the market.

223415-600x600-A.jpg

Seiten is used to make this. I like to use it when I make peppered steak over rice with vegan friendly gravy. I'm telling you, you would never realize that it's meatless.

no cholesterol? how unamerican

*snobbery*

Maybe you're always thinking of trannies.

I eat a lot of meat substitutes. They've come a long way. Very tasty. Since I switched to a pescatarian diet I'm the king of the known universe. Bow.
lol I've eaten them too. I was just saying it reminds me of trannies because it seems like one thing but you get another

I'll be honest, if you're crapping daily then you're on a really good track. You'd be surprised at how many people don't take a dump daily and think there's nothing wrong.

As far as my grossly huge dumps...well even though I eat a plant based diet I DO EAT!!! I'm not a glutton but I eat big and of course I have plenty of fiber in my diet and I am not missing out on any of my macros or micros (including Vitamin B12).

I read that the best time of day to take a dump is when you wake up right after you eat breakfast, the breakfast hits your stomach and signals your body to get rid of the stuff sitting in your colon that already has been absorbed of the nutrients and then you get the urgency to take a dump.

Its crazy how a lot of people don't take daily dumps. Some chick I knew told me she only took a dump every other day or sometimes only 3 times in a week, another guy told me he only takes a dump like every two days, wtf?

I think it has to do with lack of natural fiber in their diet, most people don't eat veggies, they eat fast food and the only veggies they eat are lettuce, lettuce doesn't really bulk up your stools like other fiber foods do. The only time they will eat veggies is when they have lettuce and tomato in their taco or burgers.

Plant based diet helps with the fiber big time, Eating green beans, okra, brocolli, carrots, that shit will clean you out good.

I read that the best time of day to take a dump is when you wake up right after you eat breakfast, the breakfast hits your stomach and signals your body to get rid of the stuff sitting in your colon that already has been absorbed of the nutrients and then you get the urgency to take a dump.

Its crazy how a lot of people don't take daily dumps. Some chick I knew told me she only took a dump every other day or sometimes only 3 times in a week, another guy told me he only takes a dump like every two days, wtf?

I think it has to do with lack of natural fiber in their diet, most people don't eat veggies, they eat fast food and the only veggies they eat are lettuce, lettuce doesn't really bulk up your stools like other fiber foods do. The only time they will eat veggies is when they have lettuce and tomato in their taco or burgers.

Plant based diet helps with the fiber big time, Eating green beans, okra, brocolli, carrots, that shit will clean you out good.

This! And truth be told I didn't have daily dumps until I went vegan. And I ALWAYS ate plenty of vegetables even as a meat eater and as a pescatarian.

This! And truth be told I didn't have daily dumps until I went vegan. And I ALWAYS ate plenty of vegetables even as a meat eater and as a pescatarian.
Hey friend :) lol....it's all I can do not to shit myself getting out of bed each morning.

Hey friend :) lol....it's all I can do not to shit myself getting out of bed each morning.

You probably don't believe me. I'm telling the truth. The only explanation I have to offer is that I am most likely getting more fiber in my diet as a vegan than I did as a meat eater and as a pescetarian. Either way, I'm not complaining. Daily dumps are good for you.

I don't make it past the first cup of coffee first thing in the morning.

Meat causes constipation, I still eat red meat though its something I can never rid myself from eating I just limit it, Ill eat it maybe 4 times a month, the rest of the time ill eat salmon and chicken. I also enjoy my steaks better when I long for it more. But I eat a lot more veggies now, ill buy green beans and eat that with my meals, I love green beans, I love brocolli, Okra,Spinach, dark green lettuce, kales swish chards, etc.

The thing about meat is it is hard to digest so thats why people will say eat more protein so you don't get fat, because if you eat a rich meaty meal you won't be as hungry for a couple hours and it causes your digestive system to work harder

the issue with meat now is that we live in a capitalist country with a growing population o you have companies who want to make money selling meat, so they are adding hormones and antibiotics to meat and dairy, these antibiotics destroy our gut microbia.

messing with your digestive system as well.

Have you ever heard of those people who workout I dont know if they are paleo or what but there is some people who work out that only eat meat meals and will eat almonds and nuts and avocados and no fruits or veggies

They eat high fat and high protein diet, one guy said he didnt take a dump for 5 days is this normal and the guy responded telling him man thats easy to fix just buy some metamucil or some fiber laxative,im thinking man theseguys are gonna get some type of illness sooner or later.

I'm glad us gladiators can look past our meat and veggie differences and find common ground in shit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back