Planning on moving to philly from new jersey

I loved my ten years there. Great town for live music.

Fyi, if you live just outside the city (like Upper Darby or somewhere) and don't work in the city limits you don't have to pay the city wage tax (which is higher than the state income tax).

Wait what? Whats the city wage tax?

Edit: is that the taxes they take out of your check?

Wait what? Whats the city wage tax?

Just what it sounds like.

http://www.tax-rates.org/pennsylvania/philadelphia-income-tax

Residents of Philadelphia pay a flat city income tax of 3.93% on earned income, in addition to the Pennsylvania income tax and the Federal income tax.

Nonresidents who work in Philadelphia pay a local income tax of 3.50%, which is 0.43% lower than the local income tax paid by residents.

State income tax is 3.07% so living/working in Philly more than doubles your local income tax expense.

Philly is awesome. Great food. Great night life. Great people.

Parking is fucking awful in south philly.

This.

Also, look into Bucks county. Lower Bucks, where I'm at, is sporadically shitty but also has really nice areas.

Yeah, that isn’t the point. He specifically said that he wanted to move to Pennsylvania for that reason, implying that where he currently lives does not.

They don't call NJ New Germany for nothin', yo.

Well i was going to move to the city because of the cheap apartments, and because i like cities but i have to rethink the parts i want to live in.

Ok so i'm planning on moving to PA from new jersey in 2019, i'm giving myself a year because i have had so much bad luck anticipating things, and fucking getting my hopes up, i'm planning on moving to the philly part reasons why i am are the following:
Close to new jersey
Self defense law
More free're state
Cheapest apartments i have ever seen
Parking isn't too bad

And yes i know philly isn't really a good place to live, but i think i can handle it, and theirs no civil service test to become a cop or firefighter over their, so if i move their, what should i look out for? Like in terms of seeing an apartment? The do's and dont's? And this isn't really the right forum for this but what the good strength, mma, boxing, and muay thai gyms are over their?
Do they have a spelling and grammar test?

Is mininum wage more in philly? Or is it the same everywhere in pa, because ny is 15 in nyc, but everywhere else in ny its 9 or something.

Don't know man. I haven't lived there in almost ten years and I'm well beyond caring what minimum wage is.

I loved my ten years there. Great town for live music.

Fyi, if you live just outside the city (like Upper Darby or somewhere) and don't work in the city limits you don't have to pay the city wage tax (which is higher than the state income tax).

Indeed.

I took a $20K/year pay cut after leaving my job in philly for one much closer to home (I live about an hour north of the city) and without the wage tax, tolls, gas and parking I'm breaking even with how much money I actually get to keep in my pocket.

And yeah, the live music scene in Philly is probably the best in the northeast.

And yeah, the live music scene in Philly is probably the best in the northeast.

And what else is great is the proximity to NYC, Baltimore, and D.C. So if by chance a tour doesn't come to town (very rare) or you want to see multiple shows on a tour you have the option to travel a couple hours.

And what else is great is the proximity to NYC, Baltimore, and D.C. So if by chance a tour doesn't come to town (very rare) or you want to see multiple shows on a tour you have the option to travel a couple hours.

Indeed once again sir.

I saw the same band 2 nights in a row once. Fri in Philly at Kung Fu Necktie, then the next night at Otto Bar in MD.

I've heard the Kensington area is pretty nice. The closer you get to train tracks the better

How am i a troll lol, i hate it when people think i'm a troll. I got to admit that thread was a stupid thread.

Edit: if anyone can provide actual proof that i'm a troll i will happily stop posting on this forum, but for now people who actually want to contribute to the thread you guys can give me some insight.

All anyone has to do to prove you are a troll is read any of your numerous threads in the standup and/or grappling forum. This post is less intended for you and moreso other people so they can read some of those gems and be as entertained as I was. Thank you for the lols.

Back