Planet of the Apes - 50 Years

James T. Kirk

Captain
Banned
Reaction score
The original Planet of the Apes movie with Charlton Heston premiered at the Capitol Theatre in New York 50 years ago today.

50 years, gone by in a blink.
simios.gif

giphy.gif

source.gif

Related:

Unproduced ‘Planet of the Apes’ Screenplay by Rod Serling Becoming a Graphic Novel

Rod_Serling_photo_portrait_1959.JPG

The Hollywood Reporter has announced that Boom! Studios and 20th Century Fox Consumer Products are turning the Rod Serling Planet of the Apes script into a graphic novel called Planet of the Apes: Visionaries. It will be released in August as part of their 50th anniversary celebrations for the franchise this year.

The graphic novel will use Serling’s screenplay as the basis for the story that will be adapted by The Simpsons writer and comedian Dana Gould. Meanwhile, original concept art and make-up tests will inspire the artwork by Avengers: Origins artist Chad Lewis. Here’s the full art revealed along with the announcement:

planetoftheapes-rodserling-comic-cover-full.jpg

http://www.slashfilm.com/rod-serling-planet-of-the-apes-script-graphic-novel/

I bought a copy of the OG on VHS around 2000 kind of as a joke and ended up loving it. One of the best silly movies of all time.

I bought a copy of the OG on VHS around 2000 kind of as a joke and ended up loving it. One of the best silly movies of all time.
silly movie ? its a classic, a silly movie, is any superhero franchise bullshit.

There's a lot of layers to this movie.

YOU CUT UP HIS BRAIN, YOU BLOODY BABOON!!11!

To this day, I have a Planet of the Apes poster that I bought in college. My cat jumped up on my desk, looked at the picture and meowed at it. A couple hours later, I found out Charlton Heston was dead.

I also sometimes used to laugh about the thought of Heston being into NRA so deep because he wanted to be able to avoid the movie coming true

That ending man! I can only imagine the entire theater dropping their jaws at this moment...Im sure almost nobody on this thread was able to experience this movie twist when it happened but shit...this probaby was bigger than the "Luke I am your father" moment

I never saw it ..
what was the significance of the Statue of Liberty?

That ending man! I can only imagine the entire theater dropping their jaws at this moment...Im sure almost nobody on this thread was able to experience this movie twist when it happened but shit...this probaby was bigger than the "Luke I am your father" moment

I haven't seen that movie since I was about 8 years old, so I don't really remember it well, but it did bring me one of my favorite Simpsons moments.

Back