Locked Pixar's INCREDIBLES 2 (New Trailer Reveals the Villain)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elastigirl-Loses-Her-Face.gif

raw
lol, what is that from?

Man so exciting they're finally getting started on this. Incredibles is one of my favorite movies of all time. Finally, a new GOOD fantastic 4 movie!

Incredibles > Fantastic Four

Update: July 14, 2017

THE INCREDIBLES 2 Opening Will Begin Right After Where the First Movie Ended

incredibles-2-concept-art-700x233.jpg

Production on Disney*Pixar‘s upcoming sequel to The Incredibles is well underway for release next summer, and now studio head John Lasseter has told IGN that The Incredibles 2 opening will actually pick up right where the first one left off.

“It starts right as the first one finishes, so it just carries on,” Lasseter said, adding that only “a minute” will have passed between the first and second Incredibles. “It starts with the Underminer and a big old set piece. You know that at the end of the first movie when he comes up and you see the family dressed as superheroes, well that’s where start this movie.”

For those that don’t remember, The Underminer was an old-school supervillain voiced by Pixar vet John Ratzenberger.

However, just because the Underminer battle will happen at the beginning doesn’t mean he will be the central villain. It may only be a fun way to start the film and show off the Parr family’s superheroic teamwork.

Director Brad Bird will return for The Incredibles 2 as writer and director. Though story details are under wraps, he has previously hinted that some of the elements in the script are connected to ideas that didn’t make it into the original film.

The Incredibles 2 will arrive in theaters on June 15, 2018.

The Incredibles 2 Opening Begins Right After the Original Movie Ended

Cool. I figured it was gonna pull a Toy Story 3 and skip head many years, seeing as the original came out over a decade ago.

Cool. I figured it was gonna pull a Toy Story 3 and skip head many years, seeing as the original came out over a decade ago.

My guess is they open with that scene as the hook then do an immediate jump to when the kids are young adults. Maybe deal with a "changing of the guard" scenario where the parents are passing off the responsibilities of saving the world to the kids.

I will always love the incredibles for giving us this meme. Makes me laugh every time.

3a9.png

Great news! One of my favorite animations!

Update: July 14, 2017

New Story Details on Pixar's THE INCREDIBLES 2, Will Focus on Elastigirl

open-uri20160812-3094-dnman1_503b8c8c.jpeg

Fourteen years after the original hit theaters, director Brad Bird revealed new details of Incredibles 2, the long-awaited sequel to the 2004 film that introduced the super family made up of husband and wife Mr. Incredible (Craig T. Nelson) and Elastigirl (Holly Hunter) and their children Violet (Sarah Vowell), Dashiell (Spencer Fox) and baby Jack Jack.

Bird revealed the that Elastigirl, not Mr. Incredible, will be the star of this film, as she will be off adventuring and her husband will be home with the baby. And this time around, Huck Milner will be voicing Dash. Samuel L. Jackson is back as Frozone and Bird's reprises his role as Edna Mode.

Bird also showed off the first footage to the eager crowd. The first clip (a work in progress), showed Jack Jack as he wanders outdoors after his dad falls asleep. There, he shows off his new-found superpowers as he gets into a confrontation with a raccoon. His trick? He can multiply.

"It's fundamentally a story about family," Bird said, adding the latest technology is allowing them to enhance the animation. "The technology has gotten so much better; We can get them close to what we wanted to do in the [original]. It’s like driving a better car."

He also showed new animation tests of the family, as well as concept art that revealed that the Incredibles have a new house — and it's a super lair. The downside? It's "made up of sharp corners, which is not ideal for a baby." Luckily, Jack Jack is pretty tough.

Nicole Paradis Grindle and John Walker are producing Incredibles 2, which is set for release on June 15, 2018.

deu2d_-uaaaiydw_-_embed_2017.jpg

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...2-toy-story-4-details-revealed-at-d23-1021250

I thought the first movie was pretty well balanced
<NoneOfMy>

I thought the first movie was pretty well balanced
<NoneOfMy>
I actually just saw it for the first time a few weeks ago. Pretty sure I liked it more than the kids did. Now Megamind? They absolutely love that one.

I'm looking forward to this -- one of the better superhero movies made

I actually just saw it for the first time a few weeks ago. Pretty sure I liked it more than the kids did. Now Megamind? They absolutely love that one.
I love it; I was referring to their deliberate focusing on the female when it was perfectly balanced in the first movie.

I love it; I was referring to their deliberate focusing on the female when it was perfectly balanced in the first movie.
Well the first half of the first movie was heavily focused on Mr. Incredible and his midlife crisis. They didn't start to focus on the rest of the family until he was captured.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back