Locked Pixar's INCREDIBLES 2 (New Trailer Reveals the Villain)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Update: October 26, 2016

THE INCREDIBLES 2 Moves Up to Summer 2018; TOY STORY 4 Pushed to 2019

14854-theincredables200.jpg

Disney has changed release dates for two high-profile Pixar sequels.

The Incredibles 2 will now hit theaters on June 15, 2018, while Toy Story 4 will hit theaters on June 21, 2019. The two films are swapping dates due to an accelerated production schedule for Incredibles 2, according to Disney insiders.

Oscar-winning director Brad Bird is helming Incredibles 2, the follow-up to his hit 2004 film that grossed north of $633 million globally following its early November launch, including $70.4 million domestically, the second-biggest opening at the time for an animated title.

The mid-June corridor has always been a favorite landing place for Pixar movies. Toy Story 3 debuted on June 18, 2010, on its way to earning a record-breaking $1.067 billion at the global box office, becoming the first animated movie to join the billion-dollar club, not accounting for inflation. (Disney Animation Studios'Frozen and Zootopia and Pixar's Finding Dory, along with Universal and Illumination Entertainment's Minions, would later become members of that club as well).

Pixar has been cautious when it comes to making sequels. Walt Disney Company CEO Bob Iger announced the Incredibles 2 sequel in March 2014, a full decade after the first film played in theaters.

'The Incredibles 2' Moves Up to Summer 2018; 'Toy Story 4' Pushed to 2019

Last edited:
Update: November 25, 2015

Michael Giacchino Returning to Score THE INCREDIBLES 2

Michael-Giacchino-The-Incredibles-2-Dragonlord.jpg

With The Incredibles 2 officially set for release on June 21, 2019, it's time for Pixar to assemble the team. The film has a director, Brad Bird, and presumably some of its cast, but now another behind-the-scenes member is officially on board the highly anticipated sequel: Michael Giacchino, who composed the score for the first film.

Bird announced the news on social media, tweeting a GIF of the composer signing up to write the score. He, in turn, tweeted, "Looking forward to being back in business with Mr I and Family."

Giacchino and Bird recently teamed on Disney's Tomorrowland, and he's been a busy bee in general. Some of the scores he worked on include Inside Out and Jurassic World. He's finishing up Zootopia for the Mouse House and has Star Trek Beyond, the Jumanji remake, Cars 3, and War for the Planet of the Apes on the docket. Even with the excitement already surrounding The Incredibles 2, it wouldn't be the same without this signature tune from Giacchino.

The Incredibles 2: Composer Michael Giacchino Officially Returning for Pixar Sequel

Last edited:
Update: May 9, 2015

Brad Bird Confirms THE INCREDIBLES 2 Is His Next Film

Brad-Bird-The-Incredibles-050915e-Dragonlord.jpg

While promoting Tomorrowland, director Brad Bird confirmed that his next film will be the long-awaited sequel to 2004's Disney-Pixar film The Incredibles. Brad Bird wrote and directed the original and recently confirmed that he was hard at work putting the sequel together. How much of the script is done?

"Oh yeah I have pages, a bunch of pages," Bird told Collider. "I had a lot of ideas for the original Incredibles that I didn't get a chance to use, that I like. I have ideas that I wanted to pursue a little bit and there wasn't enough time in Incredibles. There are new ideas I have, and I think there are enough of those together to make an interesting movie. I'm just focusing on getting Tomorrowland out into the world and playing with the Incredibles sandbox again."

After Bird is done hitting the press circuit for Tomorrowland he can begin work on his next film. Will it be The Incredibles 2? Bird replied, "Yeah it feels like it to me, yeah."

Director Brad Bird Says THE INCREDIBLES 2 Is His Next Film After TOMORROWLAND

Update: March 30, 2014

Director Brad Bird Says Frozone Is Part of THE INCREDIBLES 2

The-Incredibles-with-Frozone-033014-Dragonlord.jpg

Now that Disney's Bob Iger has copped to the existence of an in-development Incredibles sequel, Samuel L. Jackson has been given license to share what he knows. Or the most important scrap of what he knows, at least. Jackson told Digital Spy (via Rama's Screen):

"Every time I run into Brad [Bird] he always tells me Frozone is part of what's going on, so I have to believe that... I guess they could be the Incredibles without Frozone, but I think Frozone would be a wonderful addition to what's already there."

Jackson's own personal interests in seeing the film lie elsewhere, apparently. He also said: "I'm just looking forward to seeing what Jack-Jack turned into." That's a good point. Will the sequel be set far enough ahead in time that Jack-Jack will have "settled" into one super-identity or not? The dynamic might not work so well if you shift the other kids ages along accordingly.

Brad Bird Says to Samuel L. Jackson That Frozone Will Be a Part of THE INCREDIBLES 2

Last edited:
Update: March 18, 2014

Disney Announces Pixar Developing THE INCREDIBLES 2

2priazr.jpg

Pixar has a string of original films due out over the next couple of years, but they'll be returning to sequels in 2016 with Finding Dory. The studio needs to pay the bills with known properties, and it looks like they'll have a couple more on the way.

According to /Film, Disney chief Bob Iger told investors that The Incredibles creator Brad Bird is writing The Incredibles 2. Iger also said Pixar is working on another Cars film, which isn't much of a surprise considering that kids will buy the merchandise forever.

The reason to get excited is for The Incredibles 2 since Bird is going to be involved. The filmmaker has never written off the possibility of a sequel, and a few years ago he said he had "some ideas" for it. He's currently working on his second live-action feature, Tomorrowland (due out May 22, 2015), and it's doubtful we'd see The Incredibles 2 until probably 2018 at the earliest. Nevertheless, it's still exciting that the superhero family might be returning to the big screen.

Disney CEO Bob Iger Announces Pixar Developing THE INCREDIBLES 2 and CARS 3

Last edited:
Awesome news. The Incredibles is my all-time favorite Pixar movie.

It's also the best "Fantastic Four" movie ever made.

Cool I would like to see a grown up baby jack-jack wreck shop.

Oh shit, that's awesome. Definitely can't wait for this. Although, I really hope Pixar starts making more originals instead of sequels again.

Cool I would like to see a grown up baby jack-jack wreck shop.

What about a Jack-Jack who doesn't want to be a hero but can't contain his powers? That'd be sweet.

Pixar hasn't been hitting the high notes quite like they used to. Hope they can turn it around for this one.

My son was asking if they were going to make another one just the other day. This is going to make his day. :)

I'm surprised that they didn't follow up on this sooner. It was a huge success and could have made for a nice Trilogy much like Toy Story.

Pixar hasn't been hitting the high notes quite like they used to. Hope they can turn it around for this one.

Brave was the tits. Monsters University.......not so much

I'm surprised that they didn't follow up on this sooner. It was a huge success and could have made for a nice Trilogy much like Toy Story.

there were pretty big gaps in that trilogy too though... I don't know why they do it like that.

Brave was the tits. Monsters University.......not so much

Cars 2, Monster's U, I thought they had done Planes too, but I guess not.

Still, a couple of rare misses lately.

Super pumped for this, The Incredibles is hands down my favorite animated movie. I know it will be a long while before it's released, just the mere fact they're "officially" moving forward makes me happy.

Wow pumped for that!
And a cars sequel?! My son will lose it he loves mater lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back