Pitcher Josh Hader - Racist, Homophobic, Misogynistic Tweets

Voodoo_Child906

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
http://time.com/5341983/mlb-pitcher-josh-hader-all-star-game-racist-tweets/

Looks like people are digging up old tweets by Joshy boy and wow there are some doozeys. The team may suspend him for this and he says he's a different man now and ready to accept any punishment they will give him. Thing is, this was 7 years ago when he was 17 and a stupid kid. Is there a statute of limitations to this or can employers punish you for anything you've ever said in public?

0718-josh-haderade-twitter-3.jpg

Lol pitcher doesn't go well with the thread

Never heard of this guy of course, but what an unintelligent guy he is. You need to be stupid to write such crap as this in a social media setting. For someone not to know what the consequences of posting this type of thing could be, is unbelievable.

There's no crime. There's no civil tort. There's no statute of limitations. Employers can punish you whenever they wish. MLB is sending him to sensitivity training. His teammates say they're okay with him.

I hope this thread quickly leaves the front page.

IMO Employers should be every right to decide if they want to be associated with people who behave like that.

He seems like a really insecure high school kid trying wayyyy too hard.

The one on the top left is from SemiPro, and it’s funny.
Most people want someone who fucks and cooks.
He doesn’t like homos.... ok, be offended lefty WR posters.

I don’t see what’s offensive.

There's no crime. There's no civil tort. There's no statute of limitations. Employers can punish you whenever they wish. MLB is sending him to sensitivity training. His teammates say they're okay with him.

I hope this thread quickly leaves the front page.
29dih47.jpg

Never heard of this guy of course, but what an unintelligent guy he is. You need to be stupid to write such crap as this in a social media setting. For someone not to know what the consequences of posting this type of thing could be, is unbelievable.
Closer for the Brewers, he is pretty good, got dominant stuff.

Side note, if you have kids show this too them. My daughter is getting to the age where she is on Social Media. I tell her never post anything crazy because a potential employer could use it against you. I own my business and most of my clients require background checks. My social media presence that has my name on it, is very tame. Nothing controversial.
I do agree with his last one, every straight man wants a lady that can Fuck ,Cook and clean. The other 5 are too much.

To me it's only business that should directly concern the employer and the employee but I'm interested to see how it plays out.

Closer for the Brewers, he is pretty good, got dominant stuff.

Side note, if you have kids show this too them. My daughter is getting to the age where she is on Social Media. I tell her never post anything crazy because a potential employer could use it against you. I own my business and most of my clients require background checks. My social media presence that has my name on it, is very tame. Nothing controversial.
I do agree with his last one, every straight man wants a lady that can Fuck ,Cook and clean. The other 5 are too much.
At this stage if I have kids have tempted to live like we're Amish when they're between the ages of 10 and 20.

Some have apparently made some statements that they're cool with him.
"He's young, we all say some crazy stuff when we're young," said Cain. "That's the reason I don't have social media, things like this. You always get in trouble for things you say when you're younger. We'll move on from it. The situation is what it is. I know Hader, he's a great guy. I know he's a great teammate. I'm fine. Everybody will be OK. We'll move on from it.

"At the end of the day, we've all said crazy stuff growing up, even when we were 17, 18 years old. If we could follow each other around with a recorder all day, I'm sure we've all said some dumb stuff. We're going to move on from this."

Asked whether Hader specifically apologized, Cain said, "I didn't ask for an apology. I wanted to understand the situation before I talked to you guys. … I heard about the hate comments, that's all I heard. We'll talk more about it once we get on the plane."
https://www.mlb.com/news/josh-hader-apologizes-for-offensive-tweets/c-286339762

His non-teammates might feel differently, lol.

Good for him. I care about how he throws a baseball. If I wanted him for his political or moral beliefs I'd follow him as a fucking pastor or a politician.

Just look at how far people are willing to go to try and ruin someone's life. It's pathetic. I bet the dude forgot he even tweeted this kind of shit.

Edit: Yep, 6-7 years ago. Dude was coming out of highschool. Being edgy. Should probably get the death sentence.

I believe that people can grow and mature past those sort of things. Should he be punished now for those tweets? I don't know. Him manning up and accepting punishment is a good sign that he understands his views at the time were messed up and wrong, so good on him.

Back