Pitch your movie idea (please Hollywood steal our ideas)

There has not been a cheesy underwater sci-fi monster movie in a while, a la Leviathan. Do with my idea as you will.

I want to create an ubersnobby artsy film with an absurdly pretentious "statement".

The first ten minutes of the film is a girl talking to a cat in french for five minutes, asking it questions, like directions to a faraway city. Asking it which bus to take, how much is the fare, etc. with accentuated pauses between her questions as if she is earnestly waiting for answers.

Then there are some random clips smattered over each other-- 2 hands giving a perpetual handshake, an iguana clinging to a windy branch, the front of an abandoned building, etc. etc.

THEN (here's where the magic happens) suddenly the audience sees ITSELF in real time (although black and white) thru a cleverly positioned (straight opposite) surveillance camera. It's like this for the next 3 hours. Of course, most of the people will leave after a minute or five of this nonsense. And that's where the statement comes in. I then proclaim that most people who makeup the bulk of audiences "are boring people who are not interesting enough themselves- therefore, they are forced to leach off of media like parasites, they cannot create their own visions or answers" and I ignore how presumptuous and flawed this is. This is what makes me famous and gets me attention.

Also it will bring groups of hardcore hipsters and their friends to sit all 3 hours with their hands folded in their laps, signaling to themselves, each other, and everyone else that they ARE indeed the interesting ones to whom this critique does not apply to. They will return each week for at least a couple months. This will net me at least a few hundred thousand over cities across the world.
Best thing I ever heard

Jesus returns to his followers delight only to reveal he is really the devil and has tricked humanity into worshipping him for 2000 years and has came to chew bubblegum and claim souls. And is all out if bubblegum

If it's directed by Mel Gibson - shut up and take my money!

Youngstown Ohio has a Mafia?
Yes or at least it did.
The story I had in mind was related to a mob war in the town between the local crew led by a group of brothers, who were challenged by a branch of the buffalo crime family and the cleave land mob that were trying to take over the area. It was a pretty violent conflict that featured a series of car bombings, the most infamous incident was the bombing that killed one of the gang leaders and his young son. At one time they called the place murdertown.

It will be written by Tommy Wiseau
It will be produced by Tommy Wiseau
It will be directed by Tommy Wiseau
It will star Tommy Wiseau

"I did not fuck Mary Magdalene! I did NAWT...oh, hi Judas!"

i often thought about an alien landing on earth and i make friends with it and let it chill at my home, then the government come looking for it and i have to get it out of there and get it to its spaceship

A grumpy guy who loves doing flips gets cancer and flips his way into our hearts, its called The Mother Flipper.

Based on my dream last night:

Max is a Junior in high school ( a big school... 3000+ kids). He is a popular, jock type. He plays a lot of sports, including soccer.
Steve is on the soccer team with Max. Steve is less popular. The only sport he plays is soccer. He's in the honors classes (Max isn't).

Steve and Max get along pretty well. Steve invites Max to his birthday part. Steve has a twin named Jocelyn, and the party is for both of them. Max doesn't know Jocelyn. Max wants to go, but ultimately decides to do something else.

Jocelyn kills herself the night of the party, after everyone leaves.

Steve is naturally devastated that his twin took her own life. Plus, she didn't leave a note and Steve can't handle the fact that he'll never know why she did it. He transfers out of many of the honors classes to make his life easier. Now he has more classes with Max.

Max and Steve slowly become closer now that they have more classes together. Max spends time at Steve's house, and get's to know the whole family. It's easier for Steve to spend time with someone who never knew his sister.

The next year (Senior year), Max is invited to a small family get together to celebrate Steve's birthday. Of course he attends. When he gets there, he's surprised that there are a lot of people, and a lot of girls. Eventually he hears one of the girls talking to one of the other girls, and calling her Jocelyn. He goes over to get a better look, and he recognizes Jocelyn from family pictures he's seen at Steve's house. They're both weirded out by this (Max because Jocelyn is supposed to be dead, and Jocelyn because a stranger is freaking out at the sight of her).

Max realizes that somehow he's at the party from last year that he didn't originally go to. He tells Jocelyn that he knows what's going on (she plans to kill herself) and they need to talk (alone). They talk all night. Jocelyn tells Max about all the reasons she wants to kill herself. Max tells her about how hard her death was on the family. Max does everything he can to convince Jocelyn not to kill herself.

When Max wakes up the next morning, he doesn't know what year it is. He checks his phone and it's his Senior year. He brings up Steve's contact info, and hits "call". THE END

Iraq War Vet suffering PTSD goes after the driver of a van who ran over the War Dog that saved his life back in Iraq. Unbeknownst the guy he's hunting is a roving serial killer. Shit get's real when the killer suspects he's being hunted.

<Aug3>
Not exactly the same, but this reminds me of those assholes that shot Marcus Luttrell's therapy dog. You probably know the story. He tried to hold them at gunpoint and they talked shit to him and just sped off. He hops in his truck and follows them at speeds over 100 mph until the police can locate the suspects. Several dogs in the area had been shot and killed in recent months, and no one knew who was doing it, until they decided to kill a Navy SEAL's therapy dog anyway.

A coming of age movie where all the Millennials realize that crying and complaining about how hard life is doesn't really solve anything... then they grow up and finally learn how to cope with life issues and make something of themselves.

Obviously, it's a work of Fiction

Jason Vorhees comes to Compton and Craig, Smokey and Dayday must top him. It'll be called Friday the 13th.

3 black guys are gonna stop Jason? Have you ever seen Friday the 13th? Or any slasher film?

Not exactly the same, but this reminds me of those assholes that shot Marcus Luttrell's therapy dog. You probably know the story. He tried to hold them at gunpoint and they talked shit to him and just sped off. He hops in his truck and follows them at speeds over 100 mph until the police can locate the suspects. Several dogs in the area had been shot and killed in recent months, and no one knew who was doing it, until they decided to kill a Navy SEAL's therapy dog anyway.

Yeah I remember that.

'Nukenado'

A strong hurricane is approaching the east coast. Donald Trump decides to throw a nuklear bomb into the eye of the hurricane to stop it, even though he is advised multiple times, that this is a very bad idea.

The impact of the bomb only makes the hurricane more destructive, because it is now transporting radioactive material at very high wind speeds.

Iraq War Vet suffering PTSD goes after the driver of a van who ran over the War Dog that saved his life back in Iraq. Unbeknownst the guy he's hunting is a roving serial killer. Shit get's real when the killer suspects he's being hunted.

<Aug3>

i like it.

Sportdrama based on Tj Dillashaws life as an Athlete and narcissistic douchebag. Starving himself to death, crazy supplement amount, popping for roids, showing off in Airport, losing title etc.

James is a middle aged man working a dead end job. He has no girlfriend, no family. No future. In an attempt to deal with depression, he teaches himself to lucid dream. He finds he has a real talent for it. He can escape into a fantasy world every time he goes to sleep.

Then he starts to see the future in his dreams.

First in small ways, like dreaming of a friend he hasn't seen in years, then meeting him a few days later. Or dreaming of snow, and a freak cold snap happening in the middle of April.

Then one night he sees something horrifying. ISIS have been methodically smuggling terrorists into the UK disguised as asylum seekers. Supporters have built up weapons and explosives. All of this is leading up to the greatest terror attack in history. On Valentine's Day, ISIS teams will attack a dozen schools and hospitals across the UK. The terrorists are all battle hardened veterans who fought in Iraq. They are armed to the teeth. One man in each team is a walking bomb; carrying as much explosive as can be strapped to him, wired to a dead man's switch. Even if the police or military manage to shoot him, the bomb will go off. Stretched beyond breaking point by simultaneous attacks across the country, Britain's elite armed police units and even the SAS will be unable to stop the carnage.

James sees thousands of innocent victims, most of them women and children, slaughtered. At first he is horrified, determined to find out as much information as he can before trying to alert the security services.

But his dreams reveal something else. One of the schools that will attacked is just 200 yards away from where James works. He sees himself kill the attackers and save most of the children. He is lauded as a hero, the only hero on a day when the police, the military and everyone else failed to protect innocent children. With the Far Right sweeping to power on the hatred and fear the massacre has caused, James will become one of the most powerful men in the country. He will have fame, money, women. Everything he ever wanted.

All he has to do is let thousands of innocent people be murdered....

sounds good although there might be too much going on. perhaps james is just some random fellow who has been able to lucid dream since he was a teen, he enjoys it and its normal for him. his dreams take a more unusual turn when he cant control his current lucid dreams plus the NPC's are acting far more life like than the usual dream characters. he watches and soon realises hes witnessing a future planned terror act.

he now faces the choice of either killing the soon to be terrorists or take his chances with the police, who mind you cant find anything concrete on them at the time of his dream.

*ive read that lucid dream characters cant answer questions or flip out if you ask the wrong ones*

1st - Youth, pirates, Greece, Governor of Spain
I have to agree. That part of him becoming great friends with those pirates and then telling them he will come back and kill them.... And does it, damn.

Good choice muh Baccius.

This is a script my brother and I wrote about 10 years ago. It's a dark comedy

A late twenties aspiring novelist is engaged to a doc in residency. He writes pulpy genre stuff and hasnt been published in two years, his first novel not being a hit. He is jealous of her being a success.

One night in his dreams he hears a woman speaking French. Not knowing French he ignores it until it becomes a recurring dream. He eventually becomes obsessed with transcribing and translating what she says. His wife thinks he is working on a new novel

When he finishes getting it translated it's a very literary romance epic that he finds to be pretentious trash . His wife finds it and thinks it's the best thing ever written. He then takes credit for it and she convinces him to send it to his publisher.

Soon a bidding war starts and he becomes the darling of the literary world. As his star rises he begins to resent everyone who likes his novel and begins to act out. He feels totally disconnected from his success and begins to have an affair with a younger pretty fan.

So the world soon starts to expect his follow up. As the pressure mounts and no new dreams come his wife discovers the affair and leaves him.

Eventually he writes a sequel to his first less than acclaimed detective novel. He begins to really enjoy writing his own words again and thinks with his fame the new novel will be a hit. His new girlfriend reads it and can't hide her disappointment . He leaves her.

The novel comes out to a resounding thud. After having been a public jerk the media really take a chance to give him a beating.

Final scene is him doing a reading at a sparsely attended book store. Soon the few people there start to leave. As the walk out he stops reading and starts berating the people for being pretentious cunts. Last line is him reading a violent bit of the novel to the empty room and saying to himself ' I'm a goddanmed genius'

Dude, watch the TV show 'The Affair'.

Back