Social Pitbull Attack thread

but empirical evidence proves the vast majority of Muslims are peaceful

I'm referring to the doctrine of Islam, not the violent nature of Arabic people as a whole.

Two entirely different things.

I'm referring to the doctrine of Islam, not the violent nature of Arabic people as a whole.

Two entirely different things.

Arabic people? You mean Arab people? You realize most Muslims are not Arabs right?

Arabic people? You mean Arab people? You realize most Muslims are not Arabs right?

It's irrelevant as my point is framed in the context of Islam's core values, rather than the ethnicity of its followers.

Wtf are you talking about. That dog needs to be thrown into the incinerator and not have this imaginary apologist defend pitbulls.

I'm sure if it was a lab you wouldn't have said shit.

But yea merry Christmas to you too
The article was linked TWICE on one page because I made a new thread and they merged it

And you have to rise above sensationalized numbers to understand which breed you are even talking about considering the numbers are so convoluted it's hard to quantify which breed is responsible. The Staffordshire bull terrier (for instance) should not be apart of that ban at all and objectively the rottweiler is way more dangerous but your narrative along with its followers has become so dogmatic you have all become that which you accuse the other party of being...... misinformed.

Your position is based on skewed data so it's hard to take you seriously when you speak on the subject and once again I'm no pitbull apologist, im well aware of how dangerous these dogs are but I'm not a fan of skewed data to push legislative bans.

Relative to their size, their bite force is rather average. It's been measured in several different breed tests and pitbulls simply don't have the bite force idiots like to claim with zero research. Their bite force is measured to be less than half that of the strongest breeds.

And tenacity is the most hyperbolic attribute you could possibly define an animal. Oh it's real tenacious because you heard of a story about how your 70 year old Aunt couldn't beat one off during a fight. So tenacious. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

There's a reason vets and the kennel associations aren't the people with some vendetta against pitbulls. It's ignorant people who heard from somebody who heard from somebody.

It's funny you keep mentioning retrievers and how soft mouthed they are. This family pet must have gummed this 4 year old to death a few months so.

https://m.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/boy-4-killed-by-family-labrador-in-horror-attack-20160817
It's funny how quickly they become apologists for other breeds when you point out all dogs having the capacity to kill.

That's why this narrative is dangerous. They gather around in fear, push a narrative to enact legislation and then think the world is safe now because all the other dogs are "soft mouthed".

I want to stop people like THAT from owning dogs aswell.

@Jackie Blue you are being a retreiver apologist right now.
LOL, you guys are MUCH more emotionally invested in this than I am. You seem to be putting words and positions into my mouth. As previously stated, I'm not even advocating for a ban. I'm just objectively stating differences between breeds.

As for being an "apologist" for Retrievers, they don't need apologists, unlike pit bulls. Yes, it's a dog that can bite, but less likely to bite than pit bulls, and they do a lot less damage when they do. This is a fact that you can't run away from.

But in the spirit of not being an apologist for the breed, I'll actually tell you a way that I believe that pit bulls are SUPERIOR to them. Pit bulls tend to have a lot more food discipline in my experience. Labs will snatch food right out of your kids' hands. They pester you when you try to eat because of their greed when it comes to food. Pit bulls tend to respect your space more when you're eating.

That said, there's the infamous story where Dana White's pit bull bit his daughter's ear off when she was eating an ice cream bar, so you can even take that with a grain of salt. Look boys, I don't really care all that much, I don't even own a dog right now, not planning on owning one. You can @ me again, but I probably won't respond. Hope you all had a lovely Christmas and will have a happy New Year...

LOL, you guys are MUCH more emotionally invested in this than I am. You seem to be putting words and positions into my mouth. As previously stated, I'm not even advocating for a ban. I'm just objectively stating differences between breeds.

As for being an "apologist" for Retrievers, they don't need apologists, unlike pit bulls. Yes, it's a dog that can bite, but less likely to bite than pit bulls, and they do a lot less damage when they do. This is a fact that you can't run away from.

The difference here is that I'm kidding when I call you an apologist and you are not. Can't exactly complain about being put in positions you never stated when you are doing the exact same thing.

I'm not emotionally invested either it's just people get suuuuuuuper salty when they lose an argument or are presented with the facts.oh well

Merry Christmas.

but empirical evidence proves the vast majority of Muslims are peaceful
Emperical evidence also proves the vast majority of Muslims support all kinds of 3rd world savage bullshit too. Just because the majority of them don't actually throw homosexuals off buildings or cut peoples heads off for having conflicting religious beliefs doesn't make them harmless. That entire ideology is fucking poison to civilized society. Anyone that says otherwise hasn't seen it in its true form when they are the majority. The second they outnumber the host, they go back to acting like cavemen. There are pockets of this bullshit all over western Europe now.

From San Antonio

Thus, regulating and banning such erratic and caustic breeds can be beneficial to society as a whole.

https://www.dogsbite.org/dog-bite-statistics-fatalities-2017.php

This is a list of deaths from this year alone and if you take the time to look through you'll see Pitbulls are involved in 23 out of the 34 total cases. This is not an argument of false correlation as this trend repeats itself annually and will continue to do so until people, specifically ignorant dog owners, are more honest about the inherent value of pitbulls as "family dogs"... which they are not intended to be.

Ugh you clearly don't fucking understand my point.

That said, there's the infamous story where Dana White's pit bull bit his daughter's ear off when she was eating an ice cream bar, so you can even take that with a grain of salt.
I hate dis/misinformation. It was an English Mastiff.

I've fostered many, many dogs for several animal rescue leagues. The pitbulls and pitbull mixes I've handled, in my home, have been mostly awesome. That said, their capability to do damage is pretty high and they can be quick to turn aggressive (usually against another animal and/or dog). Like any dog, care must be taken to prevent situations where shitty things can happen.

Carry on.

I hate dis/misinformation. It was an English Mastiff.

I've fostered many, many dogs for several animal rescue leagues. The pitbulls and pitbull mixes I've handled, in my home, have been mostly awesome. That said, their capability to do damage is pretty high and they can be quick to turn aggressive (usually against another animal and/or dog). Like any dog, care must be taken to prevent situations where shitty things can happen.

Carry on.

I'm pretty sure Joe Rogan, who heard the story directly from his friend Dana White, related it as a pit bull when I heard the story. If that was not the case, then my apologies.

I'm pretty sure Joe Rogan, who heard the story directly from his friend Dana White, related it as a pit bull when I heard the story. If that was not the case, then my apologies.

The hilarity in this reply.

Don't worry. It's not the first time a large breed has been mistaken for a pitbull. Because hey, only pitbulls can cause that sort of damage to little children.

Last edited:
The irony in this reply.

Don't worry. It's not the first time a large breed has been mistaken for a pitbull. Because hey, only pitbulls can cause that sort of damage to little children.
It's unfortunate, but since Joe is a friend of Dana's and heard the story directly from him, I thought he was reliable. But for better or worse, Joe smokes a TON of weed and does other drugs, so his memory can be a bit hazy. He was talking about owning pit bulls and what they're capable of. He said he had to choke out one of his pit bulls once because it wouldn't stop attacking another dog. And various other issues he had with the breed. He said he has a dog now which is half-pit bull, half-Mastiff. And then he talked about how Dana's "pit bull" ripped Dana's daughter's ear off. If thinking that Joe was a reliable narrator was irony, then guilty as charged, I guess. But I most certainly was not spreading misinformation intentionally in order to make my case.

It's unfortunate, but since Joe is a friend of Dana's and heard the story directly from him, I thought he was reliable. But for better or worse, Joe smokes a TON of weed and does other drugs, so his memory can be a bit hazy. He was talking about owning pit bulls and what they're capable of. He said he had to choke out one of his pit bulls once because it wouldn't stop attacking another dog. And various other issues he had with the breed. He said he has a dog now which is half-pit bull, half-Mastiff. And then he talked about how Dana's "pit bull" ripped Dana's daughter's ear off. If thinking that Joe was a reliable narrator was irony, then guilty as charged, I guess. But I most certainly was not spreading misinformation intentionally in order to make my case.

I know you weren't but it does illustrate an instance of something that is rather common. All good, it just gets tiring getting called an apologist when you point this out to be a fact when we literally just saw it happen here.

Since every new pitbull thread gets the same response of 'we need a pitbull megathread' I suggest this thread gets pinned and made the first official Sherdog Pitbull Attack thread.

Here's one to get the ball rolling.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/cana...being-attacked-by-her-own-dog-rcmp/ar-BBNocDY

Screenshot_2018-09-16-14-18-23_2.png

I don't have anything against the breed, just the one that chomped my daughter. All good though, I hung him from the swing set with a jump rope.

Back