Pit bull won by split decision against Weichel in Bellator Italy

Patrício Freire's record is nearly impeccable. Probably one of the most successful ever at featherweight.

31 fights with just 4 losses.

Daniel Straus - Avenged 3 times
Pat Curran - Was split decision, plus later avenged
Joe Warren - Was split decision
Benson Henderson - Was winning till leg injury, plus at lightweight.

Even today's close fight vs. Weichel was preceded by a KO win over him.

Last edited:
Can we speak about the event?

As italian i seen it in real time, but i seen Sherdog is'nt discussing it at all

It aired already so feel free to discuss.

Good fight for both guys honestly.

Is he going for the Lightweight Belt against Primus-Chandler winner?

Is he going for the Lightweight Belt against Primus-Chandler winner?
He's held up the FW a bit due to his injury but there are a bunch of contenders at FW to keep him busy. Sanchez is next and then there's the winner of Curran-AJ McKee, and then there's Caldwell. Then pitbull has been calling out Gallagher.

I really want to see him fight Emmanuel Sanchez and it looks to me like we're gonna get it.

That one is going to be fucking crazy.

pitbull vs Sanchez should be next as soon as posible...
Still i need to watch the fight to make an opinion about Pitbull performance, but is clear that next challenger should be Sanchez

I didn't watch, but looking at the results, it looked like a fun card.

Four KO in the first round, three in under two mins.

JBG was probably jerking it as he watched it play out.

Idk if it’s just me, but That decision was closer than the actual action would lead you to believe. The rounds that weichel won were those where not much happened, or where he laid on pitbull a bit (aware that weichel almost got the choke)

Patricio was the man who was doing the serious damage. Weichel felt every time Patricio landed. I could see the fight being close on paper, but the damage was almost all for pitbull. Weird how it turned out to be a split

Was a good fight. Pitbull has rounds 1, 2, and 4. Round 1 was close tho. Daniel could’ve won the fight too.

Can we speak about the event?

As italian i seen it in real time, but i seen Sherdog is'nt discussing it at all

Did you go to the show or hear from anyone that did? How was the reception for it compared to kickboxing?

I really want to see him fight Emmanuel Sanchez and it looks to me like we're gonna get it.

That one is going to be fucking crazy.
Sánchez is usually always fun, as is pitbull. The fight would be great and it makes sense. I also have pitbull winning that one.

Patricio is a real talent. How would he contend in the ufc? Him becoming champ in the ufc isn’t far-fetched imo.

I'm hoping we'll see Pitbull/Sanchez next, however, I'm still weary about Sanchez's ability to make weight.

Did you go to the show or hear from anyone that did? How was the reception for it compared to kickboxing?
Watched it on tv (free) at my home with friends and GFs, the channel showed the Bellator event and then Petrosyan match

Here MMA is still a very niche sport, but with that premise Alessio is very loved... Vettori and Di Chirico may have the tools for a better career maybe, but Sakara is just SO loved by the italian mma crowd.

Petrosyan is a legend (seen some of his fights live and even meet him at an open workout event) and objectively much much more talented and overall famous.

Two very different figures, they both won tons of fans in total different ways

Patrício Freire's record is nearly impeccable. Probably one of the most successful ever at featherweight.

31 fights with just 4 losses.

Daniel Straus - Avenged 3 times
Pat Curran - Was split decision, plus later avenged
Joe Warren - Was split decision
Benson Henderson - Was winning till leg injury, plus at lightweight.

Even today's close fight vs. Weichel was preceded by a KO win over him.
he's a phenom

Dude is definitely legit, plus shoulda got the w against Warren

This fight really shows how the mma scoring system is broken, Pitbull was beating the brakes off him yet goes to split dec. Fights needs be judge as a whole not per round

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back