Pips who bring their gf to watch them roll

Don’t kid yourselves, do you really think a gf/wife is actually paying attention to you rolling around with another dude in pajamas or spandex? My wife would be completely zoned out in about two minutes if I took her to class.

And sometimes even have them record videos on their phone.

What do you do with them?

Do you smash them even harder?

I know this is sherdog, but why is it that everyone seems to think that beating your opponent is your decision, couldn't it be that he's much better than you and he smashes you even harder in front of his gf???

First- male dominance is always sexy. Even if she is some granola crunching ugg boot wearing no leg shaving pierced nosed hipster- she is going to be turned on by her man winning (even if she doesn't want to admit it).

Second- the odds are that if a higher rank is doing the selling, she would never be the wiser- unless she knows BJJ, then she should be on the mats and major points to your friend.

Finally- I think bringing kids and wife / gf to a tournament is a mistake. I felt guilty once about crushing a guy in front of his kid. Unless you know you are winning, don't bring them so you can focus on the job at hand.
Yes to all of this

First- male dominance is always sexy. Even if she is some granola crunching ugg boot wearing no leg shaving pierced nosed hipster- she is going to be turned on by her man winning (even if she doesn't want to admit it).

Second- the odds are that if a higher rank is doing the selling, she would never be the wiser- unless she knows BJJ, then she should be on the mats and major points to your friend.

Finally- I think bringing kids and wife / gf to a tournament is a mistake. I felt guilty once about crushing a guy in front of his kid. Unless you know you are winning, don't bring them so you can focus on the job at hand.

Yeah that's even worse than a gf. Beating s guy in front of his kid. Ugh.

Thankfully I'm not that good yet so don't have to worry about it for a while

For real. All this check your ego at the door stuff they preach is hypocrisy. I've never met such a bunch of pompous self righteous people; its like a fucking cult. I've tried several gyms now and every time I go for a while and never want to come back. There is so much ego fluffing and pandering its ridiculous.

i literally had a higher belt threaten to choke me unconscious because I was passing on bigger guys and he felt I was embarrassing them. Its fucking live pass sweep jack ass.

This thread further shows it. If you were really checking your ego at the door you wouldn't give a fuck who is watching practice you'd be there to learn. Fist-bumping every ten seconds and hugging every practice isn't what makes a sportsman. Signed, a wrestler of nearly 20 years.
Lol, you're going to the wrong gyms then. You gotta be patient about that kind of stuff because gym culture and the art are like seperate entities. You never kno what ur gonna get.

Also this thread is about pussy. Were having man talk here. No one actually cares about their wench watching

Lol, you're going to the wrong gyms then. You gotta be patient about that kind of stuff because gym culture and the art are like seperate entities. You never kno what ur gonna get.

Also this thread is about pussy. Were having man talk here. No one actually cares about their wench watching
This thread is about what to do when someone brings their girl to practice not pussy. And the correct answer is grow up and just have a normal practice.

Also I dont think its the gyms friend. I call it the jiu jitsu attitude. Its almost like how the most religious people who scream sinner the loudest are always commiting the most heinous crimes. The guys all saying there is no ego in our sport seem to have the biggest fucking heads of anyone ive ever met.

For everyone talking about bro code and making the guy look good, what is sexy to a girl about jiujitsu gym rolls? And if she can tell that you're selling him as better, isn't patronizing worse than losing a roll? What will happen when she comes to a tournament?

Dominant male. It's all marketing. "Me Da Man. Me hulk crush. Me destroyer of worlds". Per previous notings, depending on the person's standing amongst the group, the bro code applies. Do the JOB. Don't be a c0ck blocker.

It's also a bit of subtle pro wrestling. Take a beating without being a douche about it. Don't go around flailing about making a din. I read Mick Foley's first book way back when and he said Owen Hart was so good at the craft that he could take bumps that looked terrible to all the guys in the back just to get a laugh out of them but the crowd wouldn't know any different. Be like Owen Hart.

If you stink, don't invite her to a tournament LOL

For real. All this check your ego at the door stuff they preach is hypocrisy. I've never met such a bunch of pompous self righteous people; its like a fucking cult. I've tried several gyms now and every time I go for a while and never want to come back. There is so much ego fluffing and pandering its ridiculous.

i literally had a higher belt threaten to choke me unconscious because I was passing on bigger guys and he felt I was embarrassing them. Its fucking live pass sweep jack ass.

This thread further shows it. If you were really checking your ego at the door you wouldn't give a fuck who is watching practice you'd be there to learn. Fist-bumping every ten seconds and hugging every practice isn't what makes a sportsman. Signed, a wrestler of nearly 20 years.

The "check your ego out at the door" with relation to jiu jitsu should be followed by ".... or it'll be done for you". That's all it is. And also, if you don't you'll probably progress slower IMO

For everyone talking about bro code and making the guy look good, what is sexy to a girl about jiujitsu gym rolls? And if she can tell that you're selling him as better, isn't patronizing worse than losing a roll? What will happen when she comes to a tournament?
Doesnt really matter at the end of the day becuse them chickas be on their phone the entire time seeking out the latest in drama, while gym bros are trying to fight for the world in the corner thinking she's actually paying attention. Lol.

The "check your ego out at the door" with relation to jiu jitsu should be followed by ".... or it'll be done for you". That's all it is. And also, if you don't you'll probably progress slower IMO
Oh i agree that you should indeed. I just noticed most people who say it don't practice what they preach. And on top of that its vauge. So who decides? A better lead off is "this is a combat sport and people can and do get hurt, be respectful of your partners and go slow if you dont know what you are doing, we do not tolerate uneducated agression here"

Oh i agree that you should indeed. I just noticed most people who say it don't practice what they preach. And on top of that its vauge. So who decides? A better lead off is "this is a combat sport and people can and do get hurt, be respectful of your partners and go slow if you dont know what you are doing, we do not tolerate uneducated agression here"

It's a very fine balance. You don't want to go balls to the wall but you don't want to turn into a liquid mess and take it like a champ either. It just comes with experience. For me personally, I'll let training partners work. I'll err on the side of caution but that turn it up if the need be.

You've summed it up quite nicely with your quote. Just keep in mind that newbies don't know what they don't know.

I roll the same no matter who is watching.

People who don't train can't stand to actually watch BJJ. That is normally true for both guys and girls. So they are going to tune out if you bring them to watch.

The biggest practical benefit of BJJ with women seems to be that it keeps you physically fit. That's a major plus -- especially into your 30s and most other guys around are getting fat.

Being seen as tough and a winner is always a plus, but it doesn't even take anything physical to be perceived that way. A couple of rolls won't change that perception. Your girl probably made that decision about you before you even started dating.

I don't change a damn thing. I roll the same. If anything, I turn it up a bit cause the guy who's girlfriend is there, usually does too.

Doesnt really matter at the end of the day becuse them chickas be on their phone the entire time seeking out the latest in drama, while gym bros are trying to fight for the world in the corner thinking she's actually paying attention. Lol.

Too much reality here. It’s the equivalent of being taken to a cat show or something. Take out cell phone, pretend to be interested.

Too much reality here. It’s the equivalent of being taken to a cat show or something. Take out cell phone, pretend to be interested.
Yep. The last card Sam alvey was on, at the weigh ins he brought his wife. Then immediately after going to weigh in she looked like she was bored out of her mind and wanted to be elsewhere ASAP while the two were doing the stand off.

Just how they are

I don't know about the rest of you, but we're all friends at my club. I'll even let someone throw me, if their partner is there.

Yep. The last card Sam alvey was on, at the weigh ins he brought his wife. Then immediately after going to weigh in she looked like she was bored out of her mind and wanted to be elsewhere ASAP while the two were doing the stand off.

Just how they are

More like we just have 3 kids and a bunch of family and friends to get to post weigh in dinners. Fight week is a lot of work. I love public and private weigh ins. I also love watching my man train. He watches me train too. It’s another way we can help each other get better.

And sometimes even have them record videos on their phone.

What do you do with them?

Do you smash them even harder?

in over 8 years of training my lady has only been to my gym to watch me like 4 times. 3 of those times she wasn't invited by me but I was getting promoted.

I typically start with a big double leg slam or upper body throw followed by dominating top position while casually humming the theme song from Bonanza. I'll let them struggle a bit, I may even "fake wince" once or twice before I tap them out with a series of wrist locks which is my typical "go to" move while rolling with guys in front of their gfs/wives.

I always make sure to follow them (gf/wife) on IG directly after the roll as well, you know, setting things up, money in the bank....
That's just not right at all man lmao does anyone have any respect anymore for another mans woman?

in over 8 years of training my lady has only been to my gym to watch me like 4 times. 3 of those times she wasn't invited by me but I was getting promoted.
confirmed: your coach is smeshing her

Back