Pips who bring their gf to watch them roll

It depends on the person and if they act or roll completely different because she's there

about two months into training a guy brought his gf to the gym. I didn't know the appropriate etiquette so I rolled like normal. I caught him in something that he'd usually tap to. Then I realized that he's going 100% because he doesn't want to look bad for his girl. So I let him out and let him do his thing to save face. LOL. You don't wanna get tapped in front of your girl by the new guy.

For everyone talking about bro code and making the guy look good, what is sexy to a girl about jiujitsu gym rolls? And if she can tell that you're selling him as better, isn't patronizing worse than losing a roll? What will happen when she comes to a tournament?

For everyone talking about bro code and making the guy look good, what is sexy to a girl about jiujitsu gym rolls? And if she can tell that you're selling him as better, isn't patronizing worse than losing a roll? What will happen when she comes to a tournament?

This is just me, but I don't think they really give a fuck if you get tapped, unless they're extremely, extremely vapid--in which case you should probably reconsider your relationship. Unless they're really fucking hot I guess.

Still, 90% of the time I think we're the only ones who'd really feel any shame. The gf's most likely couldn't care less

Lol jiu jitsu the sport with no ego... "i smash his brains in so his woman knows im alpha" shits a joke.

First- male dominance is always sexy. Even if she is some granola crunching ugg boot wearing no leg shaving pierced nosed hipster- she is going to be turned on by her man winning (even if she doesn't want to admit it).

Second- the odds are that if a higher rank is doing the selling, she would never be the wiser- unless she knows BJJ, then she should be on the mats and major points to your friend.

Finally- I think bringing kids and wife / gf to a tournament is a mistake. I felt guilty once about crushing a guy in front of his kid. Unless you know you are winning, don't bring them so you can focus on the job at hand.

Finally- I think bringing kids and wife / gf to a tournament is a mistake. I felt guilty once about crushing a guy in front of his kid. Unless you know you are winning, don't bring them so you can focus on the job at hand.

First comp last weekend end and my wife and kids were safely at home while I was humiliated by pumped up kids 15 years younger than me.

I saw a 35 years old blue belt who almost passed out after a triangle. I caught him while he was about to fall on his 5 years old girl. She was asking her mother if daddy was ok.

It depends how I am with the person. If I don't know them, I will roll with them normally (if he isn't good, I will play with him. If he is good, I will try and impose my usual game). If I know him, then sure. I will go a little easier.

First- male dominance is always sexy. Even if she is some granola crunching ugg boot wearing no leg shaving pierced nosed hipster- she is going to be turned on by her man winning (even if she doesn't want to admit it).

Second- the odds are that if a higher rank is doing the selling, she would never be the wiser- unless she knows BJJ, then she should be on the mats and major points to your friend.

I love the people who deny that first point. They’re either naive or lying

I love the people who deny that first point. They’re either naive or lying

Lol, I can't tell if you're all serious about this or doing some Foot Fist Way parody.

Jiujitsu is not a sexy sport for women to watch.

This is just me, but I don't think they really give a fuck if you get tapped, unless they're extremely, extremely vapid--in which case you should probably reconsider your relationship. Unless they're really fucking hot I guess.

Still, 90% of the time I think we're the only ones who'd really feel any shame. The gf's most likely couldn't care less

Personnaly, I think that you have a lot more stuff to lose than to gain by trying to impress a girl in a normal day training session. You can come out as whiny, overaggressive, a bad sportsman, a guy who always find an excuse...

Just do your stuff, and everything should go fine. If you get tapped and still have a good attitude you get points, if you tap someone and don't strut like a dumbass, you get points. If you work your ass off and you show heart, it should be enough to make a good impression.

Good girls should be impress by a good guy.

Lol jiu jitsu the sport with no ego... "i smash his brains in so his woman knows im alpha" shits a joke.

I agree but quite some men get their ape genes activated when women watch. We had sparring day once ( not jj but stand up) and two brought their GF with them and sparred. It was like THIS IS SPARTA!

Was meant as light to medium sparring and ended in war. Imo it is a coaches job to defuse these situations. Problem was that one was the coach ;)

Absolutely dumb but well it happens.

Lol, I can't tell if you're all serious about this or doing some Foot Fist Way parody.

Jiujitsu is not a sexy sport for women to watch.
I’m referring more to winning than the asthetics of Bjj

It's kind of a non-issue because after the first minute she'll be on her phone anyways.

I actually think it isn't about winning when having a girl watch you. It's better to let her see you in a back and forth go , imo. When you just run around a guys head you sorta look like a show-off. Sitting there and actually going hard with a rival looks wayyyyy better. Especially if you and the fella like to keep up the pace . Coming out of that roll dead tired/ aggressive and asking you to pass her your water, not even looking her in the eye because you got that " bitch, im focused" face. Put money she passes you your water, then wipes the sweat off your brow.

My opinion is that BJJ culture is way to stuck up and prissy.

Who gives a fuckkkkkkkk.

There's too much politics involved in this shit.

My opinion is that BJJ culture is way to stuck up and prissy.

Who gives a fuckkkkkkkk.

There's too much politics involved in this shit.

For real. All this check your ego at the door stuff they preach is hypocrisy. I've never met such a bunch of pompous self righteous people; its like a fucking cult. I've tried several gyms now and every time I go for a while and never want to come back. There is so much ego fluffing and pandering its ridiculous.

i literally had a higher belt threaten to choke me unconscious because I was passing on bigger guys and he felt I was embarrassing them. Its fucking live pass sweep jack ass.

This thread further shows it. If you were really checking your ego at the door you wouldn't give a fuck who is watching practice you'd be there to learn. Fist-bumping every ten seconds and hugging every practice isn't what makes a sportsman. Signed, a wrestler of nearly 20 years.

Back