Pips who bring their gf to watch them roll

cakemuncher

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
And sometimes even have them record videos on their phone.

What do you do with them?

Do you smash them even harder?

There was a guy like that, at least 70lbs bigger than me, and I put him to sleep with a n/s choke in front of his gf. So that's one option

Edit: he still wins tho cuz he has a gf and I dont

Last edited:
Depends on their standing with the club. If they're in good standing, everyone does the JOB for them lol

I do it with girls I wanna rush to the sheets. Mind you I waited till , brown belt and to the point where my game was good enough that I could either "win" ;or have such a war that she has no idea who won. I mean part of the reason we got into this was for bitches right?

I typically start with a big double leg slam or upper body throw followed by dominating top position while casually humming the theme song from Bonanza. I'll let them struggle a bit, I may even "fake wince" once or twice before I tap them out with a series of wrist locks which is my typical "go to" move while rolling with guys in front of their gfs/wives.

I always make sure to follow them (gf/wife) on IG directly after the roll as well, you know, setting things up, money in the bank....

I smash the guy so hard his gf becomes jealous. Wait...what?

I make sure my shorts come off and my ass shows

Straight to n/s, hold position for 4:30 second, wristlock, only accept the tap if he slaps it on my ass.

If she stays she’s a keeper

Maybe I'm just old, but back in my day when someone brought his gf /wife to watch- unless they were the class asshat- we would go out of our way to make that guy look good. I'm talking letting a white belt helicopter armbar me good.

Now if they didn't realize what was going on and got cocky... the next class would end up being a rude awaking.

But the guy brought his chick to class. Help a brother out and make him look good. It's in the wingman / bro code somewhere.

Maybe I'm just old, but back in my day when someone brought his gf /wife to watch- unless they were the class asshat- we would go out of our way to make that guy look good. I'm talking letting a white belt helicopter armbar me good.

Now if they didn't realize what was going on and got cocky... the next class would end up being a rude awaking.

But the guy brought his chick to class. Help a brother out and make him look good. It's in the wingman / bro code somewhere.

Sadly common decency and kindness is becoming less and less common in this world. I agree 100%. A few times people have their wives / gfs come to our training and in every instance I went out of my way to make the guy look good. (Not saying I'm great or anything, just made sure they looked good).

One time though one of the younger new students brought his dad to watch but I had NO idea until after class that was his dad. I apologized afterwards as I didn't know

In my last completion some of my training partners brought their significant others with them. It never crossed my mind that was a bad thing.

Speaking of bad, my wife was very upset I didn't let her come. Even though I was honest and told her it's my first competition and I was nervous and rather her not come.

Bro code.

Make your mate look good.

Basic rule when they have a gf/wife watching:

He could be the nicest, softest guy in the world, but if they're within vicinity = roll for the mundials / gym war

And sometimes even have them record videos on their phone.

1. What do you do with them?

2. Do you smash them even harder?

1. I try to make them look really good. In fact I try to make it look like a really intense back and forth battle that they almost always get to win. I may go for the kill once or twice. Usually the first roll. But then after that I try to make it like Rocky where they get to come back from the adversity. I'll even sell their offense with facial expressions and I'll also make it seem like I'm fighting my ass off even if I'm not working that hard to defend. Usually I'll give a verbal tap at some point also.

2. Nope. Well, maybe the first roll to establish that I don't suck to his girlfriend/wife, and then gradually I let him do better and better. And then at some point I'll try to hit a counter-attack that leads to a quick sub but maybe doesn't look like I'm crushing him. Like a flash guillotine or something. If I just let him steamroll me then she may not think he's that great and she may just think he sucks. So getting at least a couple of dominant sequences early on is crucial for the "BJJ wing man system" to work.

But basically I want him to leave with her thinking that he's awesome. What can I say? I like to look out for my homies.

Granted some of the stuff I'm talking about is a little bit over the top and I do it for personal enjoyment. And you have to be an upper belt and they have to be a lower belt for it to work like this. But if the skill level is more evenly matched I think you should at least try to make them look decent.

Bro code.

Make your mate look good.

Exactly. I guess I can understand rolling the same as usual, but rolling harder because their girlfriend or wife is there? That's an insane move to me if you don't dislike your training partner.

Last edited:
Took a chick i was hanging with to a party with some BJJ friends. To my horror, a couple of them talked her into coming and trying a week for free. Like seriously guys wtf

But it ended up being all good, because she's turned out to be super cool and also hot. Dropped my other chicks. She came to a class last week and is kind of a natural.

My gym is strange because it has like 6 or 7 couples that train there. And suddenly I'm one of them

That's how it's supposed to be.

Much respect to you for honoring the wingman/bro code.

Took a chick i was hanging with to a party with some BJJ friends. To my horror, a couple of them talked her into coming and trying a week for free. Like seriously guys wtf

But it ended up being all good, because she's turned out to be super cool and also hot. Dropped my other chicks. She came to a class last week and is kind of a natural.

My gym is strange because it has like 6 or 7 couples that train there. And suddenly I'm one of them
Gym relationships in my experience and from what I've seen tend to either be very good or very not good lol.

6 or 7 couples is a lot. I've never trained anywhere that had more than 2-3 tops at any given time.

Gym relationships in my experience and from what I've seen tend to either be very good or very not good lol.

6 or 7 couples is a lot. I've never trained anywhere that had more than 2-3 tops at any given time.

It makes sense in a way because the gem was opened by my coach and his wife at the time. They have since split up but still work together in a very amicable manner.

From day one there was another couple as well, a very good purple belt and his girlfriend. They started BJJ together at another academy. She's a purple belt now too.

Another guy came in from another Academy as purple. His wife started training afterwards and their young son.

Another guy came over who is a very good blue, definitely purple belt at most places. His girlfriend is a white belt.

There is a lesbian couple that's been there about a year. Black and purple both legit.

Most recently a guy who was a D1 wrestler and and an All American at that started at white belt LOL. It's kind of ridiculous. He was promoted to Blue in a couple of months. His girlfriend is a total novice but she comes too.

Then there's another guy who train somewhere else but comes regularly for Open Mat. His girlfriend is with us full time.

And the latest is unexpectedly somehow me (I've basically been a man whore for a while, I would go to social events but never took the same girl twice). My girl was a dancer and gymnast growing up so she's a natural. She wants to grapple around the house all the time. Her friends are worried about the bruises lol

Back