Pimax 8k 200 Degree FOV Review

PEB

Sunflower in support of Ukraine
@Steel
Reaction score
I am impressed but not completely sold on the technology. It's not true 8k an it runs at a 75 hz refresh rate unlike Oculus or HTC at 90 hz. That being said 200 degree field of view is a game changer. The other is it''s lighter then HTC VIVE an supports the steam library. One thing missing it''s not OLED just LED.

I sold my oculus about 5 months ago. I'm definitely glad to have experienced it, the fuckin gun games like Robo Recall and Raw Data were so badass and the horror games like Brookhaven, and then of course that Batman demo was so well polised albeit short.

I just think I need to revisit this tech in a few years when

-the lenses are as clear as 1080p is on a small monitor
-the FOV is large enough to not feel like you're wearing googles
-the headset stays cool so your face doesn't sweat
-the headset is wireless
-the headset is lightweight i.e., 4-6 oz
-the games are actually AAA polished

They are finding it hard to make 8k oled so that explains the lack of that. Of course "8k vr" seems like the next step so as the first guys on the block you can expect some issues here.

This video they show you actual "Not the best way to see it obviously would be better then the video" video from the screens in the headset. It comes on a little into the video.

I sold my oculus about 5 months ago. I'm definitely glad to have experienced it, the fuckin gun games like Robo Recall and Raw Data were so badass and the horror games like Brookhaven, and then of course that Batman demo was so well polised albeit short.

I just think I need to revisit this tech in a few years when

-the lenses are as clear as 1080p is on a small monitor
-the FOV is large enough to not feel like you're wearing googles
-the headset stays cool so your face doesn't sweat
-the headset is wireless
-the headset is lightweight i.e., 4-6 oz
-the games are actually AAA polished

Weight and sweat are going to be huge challenges. I know Microsoft is working on laser projection and light fields and I also know Magic Leap maybe able to hit many of these goals except likely the wide field of view. The Pimax has a 200 degree FOV but it weighs about as much as a VIVE headset.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back