Piers Morgan has been in America for too long

Fuck that. We put in our time. Your turn.

Deport him to Canada.
We'll have to see his ISIS membership card before we can accept him.

No card? Back of the line Piers!

Not in theory. In facts Im right. Real life is still one drop rule for some. I dont believe in that
no, you actually arent. So in your opinion what should a mixed race person claim to be? Should they just create their own identity?

piers morgan has been breathing for too long, never mind where...

Not in theory. In facts Im right. Real life is still one drop rule for some. I dont believe in that

That one drop rule is ridiculous... Just look at Warren identifying as Native American. I'm more Native American than her with my 1/32nd, but am not about to pretend like I know anything about that culture.

Are you mixed race?

I am and it's weird as hell. My Chinese girlfriend gets a kick that one of my cousins from Maine said I must blend in when I go to Asia.

Story of a hapa haole, go to the US and I'm Asian. Go to Asia, I'm white. It really screws with your perception. You just roll with it...

Yes.....mix raced
so they cant identify with anyone that raises them? they need to forge their own identity?

eh na thats not how shit works

so they cant identify with anyone that raises them? they need to forge their own identity?

eh na thats not how shit works

While you should be right that race has little to do with identity, that's exactly how shit works. You find out very quick that you're not exactly like mom or dad.

Even in a place like Hawaii which is way more accepting than many parts of the mainland U.S. due to the melting pot of different races, your identity still gets boiled down to racial terms. Is it simply the emphasis that the U.S. places on race? Probably. It's just easier to say I'm hapa - it goes back to societal expectations.

To expand on that idea, look at black/white people. In U.S. societal perception a fair-skinned black man is that he's still a black man (never-mind he's 75% white and 25% black). Again, that's how society would label him, disregarding completely how he personally chooses to identify. Unfair, but it is what it is.

She's whiter than most white girls (visually and other ways) so I don't understand why there's even a debate to be had here.

Of course their kid is going to be pale.
Unless Prince Harry gets cucked.

owned_black_baby.jpg

While you should be right that race has little to do with identity, that's exactly how shit works. You find out very quick that you're not exactly like mom or dad.

Even in a place like Hawaii which is way more accepting than many parts of the mainland U.S. due to the melting pot of different races, your identity still gets boiled down to racial terms. Is it simply the emphasis that the U.S. places on race? Probably. It's just easier to say I'm hapa - it goes back to societal expectations.

To expand on that idea, look at black/white people. In U.S. societal perception a fair-skinned black man is that he's still a black man (never-mind he's 75% white and 25% black). Again, that's how society would label him, disregarding completely how he personally chooses to identify. Unfair, but it is what it is.
I totally agree with you. Im mixed race living in a nation thats over 90% white. The ignorant assholes love to remind me that Im brown, but Ive been brought up by my Scottish family and raised around white Scottish people.To me Im no different than any of them except I get a better tan(that lasts all year). But you are correct, there are the ones that love to remind you that you are not.

The other guy was saying that mixed race people should never identify as black or white(or whichever race) though. Im saying they can identify however the wish, it all depends on their upbringing and whats most important to them.

I totally agree with you. Im mixed race living in a nation thats over 90% white. The ignorant assholes love to remind me that Im brown, but Ive been brought up by my Scottish family and raised around white Scottish people.To me Im no different than any of them except I get a better tan(that lasts all year). But you are correct, there are the ones that love to remind you that you are not.

The other guy was saying that mixed race people should never identify as black or white(or whichever race) though. Im saying they can identify however the wish, it all depends on their upbringing and whats most important to them.
They can identify however they want. I just dont see mix raced as blacks. And push come to shove most blacks dont see them as blacks

They can identify however they want. I just dont see mix raced as blacks. And push come to shove most blacks dont see them as blacks
Its a good thing they dont care how you view them then isnt it?

They seemed to view Obama as black, so dont talk nonsense.

I guess I'm lucky that I have thick skin. Race has never been a big thing for me and I can't see why people get so hung up on it.

It is funny though. I have a Hawaiian friend that looks Mexican. When we were in LA, he couldn't stand people who kept thinking he was Mexican... took it to the extreme and started wearing Hawaiian shirts and a kakui nut lei wherever he went.

They seemed to view Obama as black, so dont talk nonsense.

And I gotta say that Obama's search for his own identity is really profound. Here's someone that is extremely intelligent and it took him the better part of half his live to come to terms with who he is.

Back