Picture of Norwegian mass murderers “prison cell” in Oslo

Except this is proven, without a doubt to not be effective. This does not decrease recidivism.

The Nordic approach does.

If you don't care about increasing crime and don't care about reducing it, and you only care about punishing people, then your perspective makes sense.

However, if you want to decrease recidivism, decrease crime, make your country safer, and use your tax dollars more efficiently, the Europeans are right and you/we are wrong.

If its a small crime give the guy a chance, but mass murder, pedophiles and most killer do not deserve life. Fuck recidivism, those people will go back to crime no matter what.

Norway has a population of around 5 million.

Throw 300 million more people there, and I'm sure their recidivism stats would get a little fucked up.

Maybe, but your assumption is based on a hypothetical.

Culture can be changed. You're suggesting these people can't be rehabilitated. If you're saying their actions are caused by indoctrination into a specific culture, then it is fair to say that changing their culture could fix the issue, no? And how would we go about that? Rehabilitation.

Someone that has already killed for petty reasons is is far gone, you invest in them young not after they are criminals.

Anders Breivik is a monster and should live the rest of his life the worst possible way.

Culture can be changed. You're suggesting these people can't be rehabilitated. If you're saying their actions are caused by indoctrination into a specific culture, then it is fair to say that changing their culture could fix the issue, no? And how would we go about that? Rehabilitation.

Have you ever actually been to the ghetto?

Answer that question and I’ll educate you on how wrong your last post is.

For the record, Varg isn't a white supremacist anymore.
Yeah, he is a nordic supremacist that believes nordics will eventually inherit all of Europe because a solar flare, the coming ice age, the end of oil and soil erosion will cause everybody with brown eyes to die out.

Yeah, he is a nordic supremacist that believes nordics will eventually inherit all of Europe because a solar flare, the coming ice age, the end of oil and soil erosion will cause everybody with brown eyes to die out.

The fuck is he smoking?

The fuck is he smoking?

He got insane and lacks scientific knowledge. He over estimates our need for oil and underestimates human ingenuity.
We're safe on the southern hemisphere though.

Saw his YouTube channel, complete looney, goes on and on about his evil nighboors destroying the soil yet is a convicted homicide lol

Saw his YouTube channel, complete looney, goes on and on about his evil nighboors destroying the soil yet is a convicted homicide lol
Makes good music though, IMHO

When I hear that song I suddenly find my mind wandering through a dark forest, losing its straight way. And how harsh is that forest, it's hard to explain. Savage, dense, harsh. But suddenly, after being chased by the beasts within I come through the other side and see the light and life has new meaning.

Depends on what you are after. You teach a child to be loving by loving it, not by beating it when it behaves incorrectly.

If you want criminals to behave better than they did you will have to teach by example and that is just how it works wether we think it's 'justice' or not.

Eye for an eye sounds like justice but it can also fuel a bloody war for centuries if both sides think the other side started.

Good post, but I believe in the carrot and the stick.

I think we should have prisons like Europe has, and we should have our supermax prisons. Where the crime doesn't determine what prison you go to, your behavior in prison does.

He got insane and lacks scientific knowledge. He over estimates our need for oil and underestimates human ingenuity.
We're safe on the southern hemisphere though.

His real name is "Kristian". He changed his name to Varg (Wolf) which is a larp alert already. He's a convicted murderer that used to burn down churches. Take what he says with a pinch of salt.

Inshallah.

Inshallah.
I'm as white and blue eyed as varg but my hair is dark brown, almost black, think Paul Ryan. Am I going to die goy?
The dark hair will block the sunlight making me(or my children) produce too little vitamin D and die of rickets? Can't I just shave it off or take vitamin D? Oh well, the solar flare will destroy all the electric razors and the oil collapse will make vitamin D impossible to produce, I guess.

His real name is "Kristian". He changed his name to Varg (Wolf) which is a larp alert already. He's a convicted murderer that used to burn down churches. Take what he says with a pinch of salt.
I'm not sure he actually changed it, more like an artistic name, however he did change his name now to Louis Cachet.
I don't believe what he says, I'm just stating what he believes.

Makes good music though, IMHO

When I hear that song I suddenly find my mind wandering through a dark forest, losing its straight way. And how harsh is that forest, it's hard to explain. Savage, dense, harsh. But suddenly, after being chased by the beasts within I come through the other side and see the light and life has new meaning.

You sound insane

Im not sure exactly how prisons should be run, but I know for certian the current US model of "guards control the gates, inmates control the inside" needs to end immediately.

The prisoners are in prison because they proved to society that they believe the rules don't apply to them.

Prisoners should be held to a certian standard of rules and behavior, the first sign of an inmate deviating from this standard should be delt with swiftly and without mercy or compromise.

These individuals need to learn that the rules apply to everyone, harshly and violently of need be.

Disclaimer, the rules and laws of our current society are questionable at best and this needs to be addressed as well.

Except this is proven, without a doubt to not be effective. This does not decrease recidivism.

The Nordic approach does.

If you don't care about increasing crime and don't care about reducing it, and you only care about punishing people, then your perspective makes sense.

However, if you want to decrease recidivism, decrease crime, make your country safer, and use your tax dollars more efficiently, the Europeans are right and you/we are wrong.
I do very much like their approach in general. I'd probably prefer a different model for certain violent crimes where they just don't get out if certain specifications are made.

I do very much like their approach in general. I'd probably prefer a different model for certain violent crimes where they just don't get out if certain specifications are made.

Yeah, I think everyone has that kind of perspective (prioritizing rehabilitation less and punishment more for murderers and rapists, etc.). But it's a hard line to draw and is likely more costly than it is worth.

For me, personally, I think rehabilitation is worthwhile for every criminal, with the lone exception perhaps being aggravated rapists. For instance, pedophiles actually seem to respond better to rehabilitation than the average sex criminal. But.....man, if you are a person who can violently rape another person at knife point, etc......I just don't know that you can be reasonably converted into a productive citizen. But that's just me.

Back