Picture of Norwegian mass murderers “prison cell” in Oslo

I saw a video where a black gangbanger was in prison for life for stabbing a crackhead to death in the neck for stealing 12 dollars from him.

He said life in prison was a relief from his shitty life outside. His mom was a drug addicted prostitute and her boyfriends beat him until he was strong enough to defend himself.

What could deter a guy like that?

It’s not uncommon at all. I know someone like that.

Lock them up FAR from society, they can’t be fixed.

Jail should be such a horrific experience that nobody would ever want to end up there, and those stupid enough to do time will never go back.

I’m ok with this being for violent crime only.
Yeah this sort of approach has been shown to have wonderful results in recidivism :rolleyes:
Doing time should be about removal from society and rehabilitation, not years long torture in sub human conditions.

Except this is proven, without a doubt to not be effective. This does not decrease recidivism.

The Nordic approach does.

If you don't care about increasing crime and don't care about reducing it, and you only care about punishing people, then your perspective makes sense.

However, if you want to decrease recidivism, decrease crime, make your country safer, and use your tax dollars more efficiently, the Europeans are right and you/we are wrong.

Singapore.

You can’t fix some people.

People who’ve committed heinous crimes deserve actual punishment.

I think the issue that arises is that most prisoners will eventually be released. That means they have to be able to re-integrate back into society. That may be hard to do after living in a completely horrific atmosphere for a long enough time.

You’re pretending that (the vast majority of) violent criminals ever re-integrate into society.

Maybe rehabilitation is mostly a scam and its genetics that determine if you will be a repeat offending fuckup.

I guess the US has some of worst genes in the world with a 76.6% recidivism rate within 5 years.

By contrast Norways is one of the lowest at 20%.

Maybe ignorance, overly simplistic solutions and idiotic justice boners don't actually give results.

My reaction
b3a5e1009a9dc7aedbbe7e7d9c584bc5.gif

It fuckin rustles me every time. That fuckin scumbag motherfucker should be in a dungeon, not some cozy little dorm room. I'm not gonna trash the Nordic model, the people running it obviously know a hell of a lot more than me and apparently have much better recidivism rates than harsher systems especially the US. Let them tickle all the other prisoner's balls if they want since it seems to work, but this piece of shit should NEVER see the light of day and his every moment should be filled with agony and despair. His crime is far too great to ever be rehabilitated and the only possible value he could give to the world would be to study his brain after he dies or something. Justice would have been served much better if he had been tortured, executed and buried in a nameless grave.

Old. Why are we talking about this?

Looks like his living situation is still better than 99 percent of the people living on planet earth.

How do you feel about he rehabilitation model that Europe uses as opposed to throwing people in a dungeon to fight other inmates for safety and letting gangs run the prison?

The recidivism is much lower in Europe.

But what about Justice? Is it justice to make a vile criminal see the error of his ways gently, or is brutally making an example of them with the death penalty ideal.

As a point of contrast, in the USA actual retarded people have been executed for crimes.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.the...d622a2c0c7ef7516ac7a2edb73811fe?source=images

4f44ef8d41d420f53663d489c7c00b97
This is not the standard for Europe at all.

I am sorry, but I have an issue with a mass murderer having better accommodations than citizens that did not kill anyone. I have issues with the way the US throws people in cages, but many of those people could not function in a European prison. They would fuck shit up, make weapons from the furniture, etc.

I saw a video where a black gangbanger was in prison for life for stabbing a crackhead to death in the neck for stealing 12 dollars from him.

He said life in prison was a relief from his shitty life outside. His mom was a drug addicted prostitute and her boyfriends beat him until he was strong enough to defend himself.

What could deter a guy like that?
Being really good at basketball.

You’re pretending that (the vast majority of) violent criminals ever re-integrate into society.

Unless they're doing life without parole or get the death penalty, they will eventually get out, correct?

Unless they're doing life without parole or get the death penalty, they will eventually get out, correct?

Yes, then they go right back to a life of crime, and are back in prison in no time.

That’s how it works.

Fuck it. Just free them all. Is there really a good point to be made giving a mass murderer a hotel room for a few years? This guy should have been put to death.

Because it really curbs recidivism.

You know, because guys like him should be put back on the streets...

There is this guy, a white supremacist murderer from Norway that makes youtube videos. He still looks just as bad just older.

For the record, Varg isn't a white supremacist anymore.

Your post had no point.

I'll walk you through this slowly...

The Norwegian model was created to decrease the amount of people that return to jail. It's based on rehabilitation more so than just punishment.

Your initial suggestion was that prisons should be like hell on earth. From a punishment standpoint, I agree, but that does little for rehabilitation. You made my point by saying that most criminal will end up back in jail anyone. Do you know why this is? Because our system is shitty and does little to rehabilitate.

Because our system is shitty and does little to rehabilitate.

No it’s because some people are shitty.

The fundamental flaw in the liberal mindset that they believe “people are inherently good” and “you can fix anyone”.

News flash, if someone brutally rapes a woman, there is no fixing them.

No it’s because some people are shitty.

The fundamental flaw in the liberal mindset that they believe “people are inherently good” and “you can fix anyone”.

News flash, if someone brutally rapes a woman, there is no fixing them.

That doesn't stop that person from eventually getting out of jail. Would you rather they;

A. Put some effort into reforming them

B. Just say duck it and hope they don't commit another crime

I'm assuming most logical people are going to go with A.

Back