Picture of Norwegian mass murderers “prison cell” in Oslo

That's the local's prison room. Here is the one used to entice new criminals into Norway.

iu

They've been trying to implement reforms to something similar back home in North Dakota drawing specifically from the Norwegian model, but that's hardly surprising considering the parallels it already shares aside from being up north, cold: best quality of life in the country (per 2018 US News report), an abundance of petroleum resources, the only state-owned bank of any 50 of the US and a growing sovereign wealth fund. Ironically enough, it has far-and-away the largest percentage of Norwegian immigrant descendants.
And it's working well. I know a couple of career criminals that have went through the Farm and it has changed them completely. They're also focusing more on rehabilitation than just throwing them in a hole for their sentence.

Looks like his living situation is still better than 99 percent of the people living on planet earth.

How do you feel about he rehabilitation model that Europe uses as opposed to throwing people in a dungeon to fight other inmates for safety and letting gangs run the prison?

The recidivism is much lower in Europe.

But what about Justice? Is it justice to make a vile criminal see the error of his ways gently, or is brutally making an example of them with the death penalty ideal.

As a point of contrast, in the USA actual retarded people have been executed for crimes.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.the...d622a2c0c7ef7516ac7a2edb73811fe?source=images

4f44ef8d41d420f53663d489c7c00b97
Nothing wrong with being humane.. The US prison system should take note. I've noticed that the US is basically motivated by greed and nothing else.

Proven murderers, rapists and pedophiles need to be tortured for a month and then hanged.

It depends on their crimes.

You know have different prisons for different types of criminals.

All of them should be safe for the inmates by whatever means nessary .

If they don't want to behave then locked down 23 hours a day for ever if nessary.

Safe physically but definitely not mentally locked down for 23 hours a day lol then you let that nutjob move to a city near you once they are free lol

Any prisoner will tell you, solitary is worse than the worst gen pop. U go crazy. Extended lockdown isn't as bad but for months or years on end you gonna have lots of issues

My new plan to live free from the daily grind that barely allows me to live check to check with no time left to enjoy life now involves moving to Norway and committing crimes.

My new plan to live free from the daily grind that barely allows me to live check to check with no time left to enjoy life now involves moving to Norway and committing crimes.

Honestly if it were co-ed I'd sign up. It looks like college dorms, but even lower stress

Safe physically but definitely not mentally locked down for 23 hours a day lol then you let that nutjob move to a city near you once they are free lol

Any prisoner will tell you, solitary is worse than the worst gen pop. U go crazy. Extended lockdown isn't as bad but for months or years on end you gonna have lots of issues

If you attack other people in prison and hurt them you should be charged and sentenced to additional years. If you keep doing it then you will end up spending the rest of your life in prison and in isolation.

Except this is proven, without a doubt to not be effective. This does not decrease recidivism.

The Nordic approach does.

If you don't care about increasing crime and don't care about reducing it, and you only care about punishing people, then your perspective makes sense.

However, if you want to decrease recidivism, decrease crime, make your country safer, and use your tax dollars more efficiently, the Europeans are right and you/we are wrong.

You cannot compare the two. Totally different demographics. If you took American prisoners and magically transplanted them in Sweden....well we don't know what would happen do we? False equivalence.

They are not owed rehabilitation. Rehabilitation is a service. It's not our job to fix people. We can't do it anyway. If you really wanna change behavior then whip out the Skinner toolbox. But nobody wants that.

It is conditioning anyway. Rehabilitation is conditioning.

Last edited:

Finally you get it.

You cannot compare the two. Totally different demographics. If you took American prisoners and magically transplanted them in Sweden....well we don't know what would happen do we? False equivalence.

Explain this.

All this serves as is a deflection if you cannot explain it. Everyone says this "different demographics" argument without giving even a hint of thought on the subject. Just saying "false equivalence" is likewise empty and meaningless.

They are not owed rehabilitation. Rehabilitation is a service. It's not our job to fix people. We can't do it anyway. If you really wanna change behavior then whip out the Skinner toolbox. But nobody wants that.

This is an economic error in thinking. They are not "owed" rehabilitation, but our taxpayers are "owed" efficient public spending. We know, without a doubt, from countless studies, that emphasizing rehabilitation reduces recidivism, reduces crime, and reduces long-term costs and prison populations. Your "it's not our job" line of thinking is, frankly, stupid and is more or less saying "we should spend more money on worse outcomes because I say so."

We’ve had lots of nice things for prisoners in the 70s and 80s and look at how that ended up

We should probably invest more money into corrections officers among other things (and raise the standards of course)

I don’t see Norwegian COs smuggling drugs and phones into prisons because they have a shit salary and even if the salaries are shit they can always fall back on welfare

CO corruption is rampant in America and turnover is high as fuck when salaries aren’t raised.

Here in Florida we have had increased gang recruitment and violence in large part because we have few COs (because of everyone quitting and they can’t recruit new people)

If you attack other people in prison and hurt them you should be charged and sentenced to additional years. If you keep doing it then you will end up spending the rest of your life in prison and in isolation.
What usually happens if you are attacked in prison and you defend yourself, but hurt the other person in the process? If you cooperate with the authorities doesn't it lead to be being labeled a "snitch" which results in more attacks and possibly death? The prisons need to be held accountable for the systems they have created and the criminals they have hardened.

It's not really luxury because he has curtains.

What usually happens if you are attacked in prison and you defend yourself, but hurt the other person in the process? If you cooperate with the authorities doesn't it lead to be being labeled a "snitch" which results to more attacks and possibly death? The prisons need to be held accountable for the systems they have created and the criminals they have hardened.

As I said the prison system needs to be redone completely.

For-profit prisons. They have a uge lobby. That lobby makes sure that the politicians that they pay vote for strict sentencing.

It should not be profitable to send somebody to jail. Sending someone to jail for profit is a fucking abhorrent thing.

Explain this.

All this serves as is a deflection if you cannot explain it. Everyone says this "different demographics" argument without giving even a hint of thought on the subject. Just saying "false equivalence" is likewise empty and meaningless.
Nordic countries don’t have prison and street gang cultures like the US

It’s a badge of honor to do time for many especially in places like California where prison gangs are very powerful

For-profit prisons. They have a uge lobby. That lobby makes sure that the politicians that they pay vote for strict sentencing.

It should not be profitable to send somebody to jail. Sending someone to jail for profit is a fucking abhorrent thing.
Recidivism was very high before private prisons became popular

Except this is proven, without a doubt to not be effective. This does not decrease recidivism.

The Nordic approach does.

If you don't care about increasing crime and don't care about reducing it, and you only care about punishing people, then your perspective makes sense.

However, if you want to decrease recidivism, decrease crime, make your country safer, and use your tax dollars more efficiently, the Europeans are right and you/we are wrong.
Different culture, hard to adapt to their prison system.

Back