Pico vs. Corrales, the right fight to make?

AGEZ909

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I am always interested in whom they choose to match Pico up against. I'm a big fan of the fast track that Pico has taken, but am conscious of the fact that it could all back fire (Pico's debut). I don't think Pico is ready for a title shot as i think that he would be at risk of becoming another Till in getting dusted by an in his prime Pitbull.

I feel that Pico is 2 fights, minimum, away from a title shot. The question is whom they should give Pico next. I feel that Henry Corrales answers that question. It makes sense for both. It's a notable step up in competition for Pico and Corrales is a natural FW. This will offer Henry a higher profile fight on a prominent card as he looks to extend his winning streak to 5.

Should Aaron pass this test, I feel that a Curran fight would make all the sense in the world.

Anyway, thoughts on the match up? agree or disagree?

How would the fight pan out?

I was thinking this as well. Corrales is a durable brawler and would be a legit FW contender match up.

Yes. I was thinking either Corrales or Archuleta but going by a TJ interview it seems Archuleta is another rising FW that Pico is tight with. Corrales is a good one

Saad Awad vs Pico if he moved up to 155 would be bombtastic. Maybe 1~ year down the line though.

The Altar Boy spoiled Pico's grand mma debut, so putting Pico against the Champ right away may cost him.

It's safe to give 2 more fights before facing the Champ, so that he can be ready.

I'd actually hope they pull the reins back a bit. I see Corrales as a step up from Higo, but I'd like to see him against a couple other guys at around the same level as Higo.

Back