Pick one non-combat sports athlete who you think would transition the best to MMA.

Hmm. Maybe I'm thinking of someone else then. I'd have sworn it was Wallace, but this has probably 15 years ago. I haven't watched the league with any regularity in a long, long time. Still, nasty player and would have probably been a fine fighter if he had trained.
Haven't missed much. They made scoring easier and playing defense harder. Basically not allowed to play defense anymore. It's a whistle festival now.

They took the physicality out of the game and made it more of a finesse/skill oriented game.

Ben Wallace would foul out a lot more in today's NBA.

Haven't missed much. They made scoring easier and playing defense harder. Basically not allowed to play defense anymore. It's a whistle festival now.

They took the physicality out of the game and made it more of a finesse/skill oriented game.

Ben Wallace would foul out a lot more in today's NBA.
So they're doing the same shit they did with football. Fucking stupid. Next, fighters won't be allowed to hit opponents in the head.

These athletes understand the risks of what they're signing up for. Let them play ffs.

So they're doing the same shit they did with football. Fucking stupid. Next, fighters won't be allowed to hit opponents in the head.

These athletes understand the risks of what they're signing up for. Let them play ffs.
NFL ruined football. Teams hiding injuries from players fucked everything up. They talk about safety but it's about protecting the owner's investments. And because they took hitting out of practice guys can't get conditioned properly to hitting and getting hit which is directly leading to more injuries.

In high school we were in pads hitting from June to August before our first game in September. That's 3 months of the body being conditioned to play football. In college it was 2 months. Now you have pros wearing pads for the equivalent of 2 weeks before their first game.

Anyway football a dead sport within the next 20 years. Brett Favre is campaigning to get rid of pee wee football FFS. No "responsible" parent will let their son play football and I highly doubt there's going to be enough people willing to play football for the first time at 18 for the sport to survive.

NFL ruined football. Teams hiding injuries from players fucked everything up. They talk about safety but it's about protecting the owner's investments. And because they hitting out of practice guys can't get conditioned properly to hitting and getting hit which is directly leading to more injuries.

In high school we were in pads hitting from June to August before our first game in September. That's 3 months of the body being conditioned to play football. In college it was 2 months. Now you have pros wearing pads for the equivalent of 2 weeks before their first game.

Anyway football a dead sport within the next 20 years. Brett Favre is campaigning to get rid of pee wee football FFS. No "responsible" parent will let their son play football and I highly doubt there's going to be enough people willing to play football for the first time at 18 for the sport to survive.
Well, if this is the case, and MMA manages to upswing in popularity again, hopefully those kids who would have played football will fight instead. That would be great, especially since HW needs better athletes and most football players are bigger guys. Hell, if something like that were to happen, SHW suddenly has some potential.

Ray Lewis

Frank Thomas

Adrian Peterson

Ben Wallace

Brain Urlacher (he actually took BJJ lessons at a gym not far from my old house for a couple years)

Bo Jackson. It's very possible he's the greatest athlete to ever live.

Primetime would have made a killer WW.

Pat Tillman. NFL to US Army Ranger. He could have been a pro fighter.
NICE call on Ben Wallace. That’s really got me thinking.....

Usain Bolt. Tall and rangy for weight class. Fast twitch fibers off the chart.

Adebayo Akinfenwa, English football forward. Dude's a beast and has mad cardio for a man of his size.

Screenshot_20180624-131937_Google.jpg

Back