Pick 1 Illegal Move to Add to the Unified Rule Set (Poll)

Pick 1

• Total voters
Elbows should just be legal period, it's a stupid rule. Also, allowing knees to a downed opponent is a huge deterrent for a wrestler just shooting in without consequence. Should also be allowed. Same with up kicks, you're on your back but can't kick an opponent on top of you? Also makes no sense that it's illegal.

Two of the rules that impacted the balance of wrestling vs. BJJ were no headbutts and no knees on the ground - both were instituted due to, probably roided, Mark Coleman.

12-6 Elbows / Elbows from any angle

tumblr_m74zw1yqvh1qaa8d1o1_500.gif

Looks where Jones was aiming, he was literally trying to make deaf boy blind

Looks where Jones was aiming, he was literally trying to make deaf boy blind
It's the same thing as throwing a punch to the eyes, they're both strikes. I don't see much of a significant difference.

Tough one. I'd say knees to a downed opponent.

Soccer kicks are far too brutal.

Soccer kicks and stomps make it as close to a real fight as possible, only then will the true ultimate combat martial art start to evolve, rules keeps us in the dark ages for longer.

all of them except for elbows. ban elbows in general.

I'm not Mighty Mouse. I'm a fan of his, but that doesn't mean we have to agree on every issue. These disgusting techniques have no place in modern MMA.
"disgusting". if you think it's disgusting throwing an elbow, maybe MMA is not for you. and knees to the head of a downed opponent is something so huge that would change the game for much better, fights would have way more action. lay n pray would be reduced also. imagine GSP with knees to the head, he would have way more finishes. not sure what's also disgusting albow a kick to the face. it happens all the time, not sure what's the difference just because the guy is on the ground
now soccer kicks are brutal, but they're fucking awesome

Knees to a downed opponent. I could do without seeing that kneeling-prayer-bob and put-my-hand-down-on-the-mat bullshit ever again.

"disgusting". if you think it's disgusting throwing an elbow, maybe MMA is not for you. and knees to the head of a downed opponent is something so huge that would change the game for much better, fights would have way more action. lay n pray would be reduced also. imagine GSP with knees to the head, he would have way more finishes. not sure what's also disgusting albow a kick to the face. it happens all the time, not sure what's the difference just because the guy is on the ground
now soccer kicks are brutal, but they're fucking awesome
No, I'm fine with watching MMA. All of these moves are illegal.

I think you could just roll up all the kicks to the downed opponents and make it one thing

Like the sport needs more reason for the media and members of congress to talk negative about the sport in efforts of trying to dumdown or even REBAN the sport... what a shitty thread

Yes. Not sure why that offends you. That's what sanctioned fighting is.
no, it doesn't have to be watered down to be sanctioned. it was sanctioned in pride and it was brutal as they come (aside elbows on the ground). in oneFC is like this and it's also sanctioned

and again, there's nothing brutal on those techniques, aside soccer/stomps, and they're one of the most liked techniques

Like the sport needs more reason for the media and members of congress to talk negative about the sport in efforts of trying to dumdown or even REBAN the sport... what a shitty thread
oh wow congress, who cares about that cesspool

no, it doesn't have to be watered down to be sanctioned. it was sanctioned in pride and it was brutal as they come (aside elbows on the ground). in oneFC is like this and it's also sanctioned

and again, there's nothing brutal on those techniques, aside soccer/stomps, and they're one of the most liked techniques

Yes, it does. There were moves that were banned in Pride as well. In fact, Pride banned some moves that were allowed in the UFC.

Back