Pick 1 Illegal Move to Add to the Unified Rule Set (Poll)

Pick 1

• Total voters
Probably knees followed by upkicks. Seriously, I don't understand why upkicks off your back are illegal in the 1st place.

I think they should make a grounded opponent and opponent that has a knee down. I know the new rules say two palms have to be down but that was dumb, they should have made it one knee is a grounded opponent.

Knees to a downed opponent would force pussies to stop cheating like Weidman vs Mousasi and Poirier vs Alvarez.

CHUTE BOXE STOMP!

Probably knees since it’s the dumbest rule and would radically change ground game. North South would be worthwhile again.

12-6s, I don't need folks getting soccer kicked/stomped. That shit is way overboard. Up-kicks to downed opponents is a good choice as well imo.

Edit: I also, wouldn't mind seeing knees to downed opponents. That putting hands down stuff has to go. One minute you're watching a fight, the next minute you're watching a game.

Last edited:
Anything to stop the turtle and guys putting a hand on the mat

Hit to the back of the head is just too dangerous, but the knees would pretty much stop guys turtling up, one good knee in the face and you're done, people will actually try to get up or to get a proper guard.

GSP Diaz was the pinnacle of a tough guy, crying that the wrestler didn't want to fight but he turtled up for 2 minutes every rounds. Whose the pussy who doesn't want to fight then?

I won't go as far as allowing soccer kicks and stomps

If knees to a grounded opponent are legalized wrestlers will once again dominate. Hell, Mark Kerr might come out of retirement.

ruling out a certain degree elbow seems like the dumbest rule for me as a non-mma fan. never understood that rule.
Supposedly, the AC watched a video of Kung Fu masters or some shit breaking blocks of concrete with 12-6 elbows, so they deemed them too dangerous for MMA.

12-6s, I don't need folks getting soccer kicked/stomped. That shit is way overboard. Up-kicks to downed opponents is a good choice as well imo.
My top 2 also. The others are dangerous and necessary, particularly stomps which aren't even a remotely skilled technique.

12-6 Elbows / Elbows from any angle

tumblr_m74zw1yqvh1qaa8d1o1_500.gif

Knees to the Head of a Grounded Opponent

6631196721_659a219dcb_o.gif

Upkicks to a Grounded Opponent

Silva-upkick-on-Okami-ROTR_medium.gif

Soccer Kicks / Stomps

tumblr_mlwkkg9M4Q1qhndw9o1_400.gif

FvIUDyn.gif

Is Rampage tapping to strikes there?

I don't think there would be much outrage at all if the UFC added all 3 of 12-6 elbows, knees on the ground, AND upkicks.

No but people would start getting upset when its their favorite fighter who has to sit on the sideline for more than a year because of skull injury and stuff.

Which is exactly why some of those techniques are illegal, for fighter marketing

I would want knees on the ground if only to stop all of these nonsensical foul situations that occur because fighters try to take advantage of the rule

Back