Pic of Matt Riddle and Jon Jones from their high school wrestling days

So many MMA wretlers out there

2006 championships were won by Hendricks, Askren, Rosholt, and Konrad...also competing that year were Mendes, Dollaway, Bader, Weidman, Davis, and Velasquez

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol, Jones' disappointment face.

That's a regrettable hairdo for Riddle.

LMAO @ Jones' face

10s92yx.png

Ha ha ha ha that is spot on. Kudos.

2006 world championships were won by Hendricks, Askren, Rosholt, and Konrad...also competing that year were Mendes, Dollaway, Bader, Weidman, Davis, and Velasquez

That's crazy

This makes me wish I wrestled in HS. I was still in school in 2004, and I would have been in this weight class. Maybe I could have beaten Jon Jones, and then no matter how much of a failure the rest of my life turned out to be, I could always brag to people that I whooped the champ.

2006 world championships were won by Hendricks, Askren, Rosholt, and Konrad...also competing that year were Mendes, Dollaway, Bader, Weidman, Davis, and Velasquez

World championships?

I find it kindof weird and fascinating that so many of these guy met before getting into the UFC and never mention it. Riddle and Jones is so random.
Fun FAct- Cain Velasquez was Jon Jones wrestling team captain at iowa junior college.

This makes me wish I wrestled in HS. I was still in school in 2004, and I would have been in this weight class. Maybe I could have beaten Jon Jones, and then no matter how much of a failure the rest of my life turned out to be, I could always brag to people that I whooped the champ.

And it definitely seems like the ideal path to get into MMA, wrestling in high school.

I live in England and we don't have any wrestling schools.

I find it kindof weird and fascinating that so many of these guy met before getting into the UFC and never mention it. Riddle and Jones is so random.
Fun FAct- Cain Velasquez was Jon Jones wrestling team captain at iowa junior college.

Yeah, you would think they would all be running in the same camp together, perhaps they just never spoke to eachother?

Then people would forever wonder what happened and went wrong with you as you worked selling women's shoes

I bet Riddle also beats Jones at rolling blunts

And it definitely seems like the ideal path to get into MMA, wrestling in high school.

I live in England and we don't have any wrestling schools.

That's a shame. What type of sports teams did your school offer? Every single high school here has wrestling.

Then people would forever wonder what happened and went wrong with you as you worked selling women's shoes

I bet Riddle also beats Jones at rolling blunts

At least I'd have a smoking hot wife.

Back