Photo of Lima and Rory post war

Rory's nose has got to be broken again.

And I wonder how big that hematoma gets, that thing was brutal mid fight if it keeps swelling... <6>

Reminds me of the Jones-Gustaffson photo where the winner was in worse shape than the loser.

Why does it seem like this picture always happens after a Rory fight? Dude is a weirdo but he has entertaining fights.

Crazy how they literally carried rory out of the cage

Lima did some fucking damage.

Rory's nose has got to be broken again.

And I wonder how big that hematoma gets, that thing was brutal mid fight if it keeps swelling... <6>
What happened to Rory's leg?
What round?
Did they give any info about what caused that crazy swelling? Broken fibula?

I saw rounds 4 & 5 only. Walked in during round 4 and Rory was on his back covered in blood, looked like he had a broken nose, serious swelling on both sides of his face and maybe a fracture or possibly even a broken leg. Initially I thought he was getting his ass kicked.

I was surprised when they raised his hand. Bellator was only in one TV in the bar so I asked the one dude who I could tell was into that fight and cheering the decision what happened- Rory won 1,2,5 ?

What happened to Rory's leg?
What round?
Did they give any info about what caused that crazy swelling? Broken fibula?

I saw rounds 4 & 5 only. Walked in during round 4 and Rory was on his back covered in blood, looked like he had a broken nose, serious swelling on both sides of his face and maybe a fracture or possibly even a broken leg. Initially I thought he was getting his ass kicked.

I was surprised when they raised his hand. Bellator was only in one TV in the bar so I asked the one dude who I could tell was into that fight and cheering the decision what happened- Rory won 1,2,5 ?

Lima landed some hard legkicks at the end of round 3 that dropped rory and that brought him back into the fight after losing the first rounds pretty clear. It was crazy how much and fast rorys leg started swelling so I wouldnt be surprised if its broken but I dont think its official yet. That probably was my favorite fight of the night. I just hope rory isnt injured too bad.

Here is the PBP from the first 3 rounds:
Round 1
Both men look to preserve range with jabs and low kicks early on, but 90 seconds into the opening frame, MacDonald ducks under a Lima shot and runs him into the fence, angling for a takedown. With just under half of the round to go, he finally spins the champ down to the mat an affirms top position. Lima closes his guard, so the “Red King” simply digs to the ribcage, pounding away from full guard, occasionally bring his left hand over the top and landing. Referee Jason Herzog resets the welterweights on their feet with less than 20 second to go, but there’s not enough time for meaningful engagement. 10-9 MacDonald.

Round 2
More tentative leg kicking and jabbing as MacDonald assumes the role of aggressor, walking the champion back down to the fence. Clean right cross lands for MacDonald. Lima off his back foot is jabbing but can’t keep MacDonald from closing the distance. The Canadian remains in the familiar range, letting his right cross off whenever the champion throws. With 84 seconds to go, MacDonald lobs an inside low kick that prompts a halt from referee Jason Herzog. The impasse doesn’t last long and right off the restart, MacDonald shoots a single and runs the champ into the fence once more. The former UFC title challenger tries to drag Lima off the fence, then throw him an uchimata. but is blocked. MacDonald settles for landing knees to the body until the bell. 10-9 MacDonald once more.

Round 3
It’s the same arc: Lima is backing up throwing low cut kicks while MacDonald gets in his face and looks for takedowns. The champ lands a solid few to the calf of his challenge, but halfway through the round, MacDonald had feinted and politicked well enough to set up a double that puts Lima on the canvas. After a minute with little activity, Lima gets back to his feet and takes the center of the cage, intent to march down his challenger. Suddenly, with 45 seconds left in the round, Lima unfurls a right low kick that sends MacDonald skidding halfway across the cage and plants on his seat; the Brazilian quickly dives into top position. MacDonald seems to have no designs on standing back up on his own, wrapping the champ up and holding him from full guard until the bell. 10-9 Lima, if barely.

Last edited:
What a fucking fight, Rory Mac has to be one of the toughest warriors to ever grace this planet. Dude deserves endless recognition. He has to die in there to quit. My fucking god man

Rory is taking years off his career with these types of fights.

Robbie alone took years off of his career. That nose will never be right no matter how much time he has off.

What a fucking fight, Rory Mac has to be one of the toughest warriors to ever grace this planet. Dude deserves endless recognition. He has to die in there to quit. My fucking god man

this is why hes so great tbh hes not the most technical guy he does 2 takedowns nt hats it yet he gets them due to having amazing cardio and pace he was shooting like it was round 1 in round 5 lol funny how he coudlnt get him down in first hardly but then with ease n late rounds thats insane cardio for a 170 i hate t say it but i question if hes on something to have that cardio at that weight.

this is why hes so great tbh hes not the most technical guy he does 2 takedowns nt hats it yet he gets them due to having amazing cardio and pace he was shooting like it was round 1 in round 5 lol funny how he coudlnt get him down in first hardly but then with ease n late rounds thats insane cardio for a 170 i hate t say it but i question if hes on something to have that cardio at that weight.

Rory's one of the most technical guys in the sport, I'd go as far to say he's the most well rounded in mma right now.

no he isnt at all hes decent technically everywhere

His clinch work and jiu Jitsu is very efficient. He has good timing on his takedowns. Crisp jab, and clean boxing, with a strong arsenal of kicks. When have you ever seen Rory look sloppy. It's impressive how good he is everywhere.

Tough fight for Rory but he did get it done. This begs the longtime question we always ask, is control more important than damage? I thought Lima won every round except round 5 with damage. The leg kicks have to count more than the ineffective take downs.

His clinch work and jiu Jitsu is very efficient. He has good timing on his takedowns. Crisp jab, and clean boxing, with a strong arsenal of kicks. When have you ever seen Rory look sloppy. It's impressive how good he is everywhere.
rory does 2 takedowns can you name them? if he doesnt get them he cant chain wrestle from there

Rory is an amazing fighter, but fights like this make me wish he'd stop.
He won but at what cost? He almost got TKOd in there.
Those vicious leg kicks, esp the one that just dropped him, holy ****.
Lima is a beast no doubt.

rory does 2 takedowns can you name them? if he doesnt get them he cant chain wrestle from there

Rory can set up double and (low) single legs, ankle picks etc this is mma so it's more than just pure wrestling, I don't get what you're asking exactly. He's executed trips and throws in the past very well and even suplexes.

I might add he stuffed Woodley and took him down quite easily.

Rory can set up double and (low) single legs, ankle picks etc this is mma so it's more than just pure wrestling, I don't get what you're asking exactly. He's executed trips and throws in the past very well and even suplexes.

I might add he stuffed Woodley and took him down quite easily.
rory only shoots a head outside single run the pipe and body locks he started double legging last night cause he couldnt get his run the pip single before that i cant remember the last time is aw him do a double

Back