Phil Davis rips Jones' "matchmaking" efforts

Does anyone like jones?

I do. I am team jones 100 percent

I also condone what Phil is doing. We talk more about him now than we did his first years in the UFC.

Bottom line jones schedule is booked and let's all look back in 1 year and see what happened

As I said, Machida was slated to fight jones next as he was next in line for contendership and his resume was already better and deserved the shot, case closed. I also could careless on who needs to make more adjustments in your opinion, they both will need to as Gus will need to make adjustments himself.

He had no win streak at all, he had just one win and it was against a friggin 47 year old that announced his fight with Lyoto as his "retirement fight". He then beat Bader and just squeezed out a horrible Split Decision win against Hendo (who was also very old at the time). He fights Phil Davis after that, loses in a controversial decision (but still loses), and he drops down a weight class.

Lyoto had 2, arguably 3 consecutive losses before he beat 47 year old ready-to-retire Randy to get his title shot against Jones at the time. He won a single fight against a dinosaur and yet he "deserved" his title shot?! :icon_lol: This was one of those title shots that still gets criticized today because of how undeserving it was at the time. Yet, you're trying to defend it in order to pretend that Gus got a "gift" title shot in comparison for beating a half dozen guys in a row including the likes of Hamill, Te-Huna, Thiago Silva and Shogun.

You never cease to amaze me with your nut hugging of "Bones" and how warped 'your' reality actually is. Though there's no way you can believe it unless you suffer from psychosis (in which case I'd recommend a lobotomy).

PS:

The media scored it for Jones as the idea that the people scoring it for Gus means anything is ridiculous. Jones won on the scorecards and on the score sheet and won the fight regardless of if the Media or people thought another fighter won which plays no role in anything.

There's far more diversity in tens of thousands of people scoring a fight, but hey, you know best, right? Many pro fighters are saying Jones lost - from Chael to Josh Barnett to Anthony Njokuani to Dan Hardy. You know, actual UFC fighters themselves for example.

/Shalom! :D

He had no win streak at all, he had just one win and it was against a friggin 47 year old that announced his fight with Lyoto as his "retirement fight". He then beat Bader and just squeezed out a horrible Split Decision win against Hendo (who was also very old at the time). He fights Phil Davis after that, loses in a controversial decision (but still loses), and he drops down a weight class.

Lyoto had 2, arguably 3 consecutive losses before he beat 47 year old ready-to-retire Randy to get his title shot against Jones at the time. He won a single fight against a dinosaur and yet he "deserved" his title shot?! :icon_lol: This was one of those title shots that still gets criticized today because of how undeserving it was at the time. Yet, you're trying to defend it in order to pretend that Gus got a "gift" title shot in comparison for beating a half dozen guys in a row including the likes of Hamill, Te-Huna, Thiago Silva and Shogun.

You never cease to amaze me with your nut hugging of "Bones" and how warped 'your' reality actually is. Though there's no way you can believe it unless you suffer from psychosis (in which case I'd recommend a lobotomy).

There's far more diversity in tens of thousands of people scoring a fight, but hey, you know best, right? Many pro fighters are saying Jones lost - from Chael to Josh Barnett to Anthony Njokuani to Dan Hardy. You know, actual UFC fighters themselves for example.

/Shalom! :D

You mean compared to your dick riding and fluff pieces on Gus and Machida deserved the shot and was the rightful contender but Gus usurped him by jones decree and that is fact and factual even as much you want to dick ride. He didnt deserve the shot at all as Machida was the next contender, case closed.

Who cares about diversity, the media scored it for jones and the judges scored it for jones as did many people scored it for jones or Gus. I also dont really care who or what fighters scored it for whom as it makes no difference either way as Gus lost.

It was a close fight and that is what happens in very close fights but Gus lost and that is all. Had jones lost, I would make no complaints or excuses as he was not man enough to finish the job rather than rely on scorecards.

Last edited:
PS: Randy Couture was ranked 7 at LHW when Machida beat him along with beating Rashad Evans and Rua before that time and he beat Rua and lost to Rua when Rua had both his legs.

Machida has fought infinitely better fighters than Gus as he has 3 losses from top division fighters before his jones fight that Gus does not have.

He also beat Bader and Henderson for that rematch as he beat a division elite ranked #3 fighter for that rematch.

Last edited:
You mean compared to your dick riding and fluff pieces on Gus and Machida deserved the shot and was the rightful contender but Gus usurped him by jones decree and that is fact and factual even as much you want to dick ride. He didnt deserve the shot at all, case closed.

You're all emo on me again like a Jonas brother or a little 14 year old sister at curfew time. :icon_lol: It's really cute. Listen, last time bud, Machida didn't deserve his shot whatsoever. I just proved it for you, now, kindly piss off for good. Only an absolute fool would try and justify that he did deserve his title shot (that fool is you, of course). Gus beat a HALF DOZEN guys including a true Top 10 LHW in Shogun and a fringe Top 10 in Thiago Silva (plus Hamill and others consecutively) while Machida beat one single fighter, a 47 year old man who wasn't even Top 10 himself at LHW. Even Randy's best win at LHW was Brandon Vera at the time. You need to hop off Jones' balls pronto and away from Lyoto's urine glass. You honestly need help.

Gus deserved his title shot the first time, just like he proved he deserves it again now (by beating Jones up for 25 minutes like a redheaded stepchild and finishing fringe Top 10 ranked Manuwa). Lyoto was given a title shot because it looked "cool" that he crane kicked Couture. Get on that pink huffy of yours and bike on over to your friends to watch The Neverending Story bro. Find comfort in fiction as you always do.

Who cares about diversity, the media scored it for jones and the judges scored it for jones as many people scored it for jones as well as Gus. I also dont really care who or what fighters scored it for, it makes no difference either way as Gus lost.

Look into elections, specifically, presidential elections and how those work. Unless you think the media should tell nations who their president should be? Voting has been around since the beginning of time and it's always going to be more accurate especially when the sample size is very large and diverse (which it was in this case).

It was a close fight and that is what happens in very close fights but Gus lost and that is all.

Gus lost their fight according to some American judges but damage-wise he won and it wasn't even close. Jones lost his confidence, his aura of near-invincibility (coming back from that Belfort armbar actually was called adversity and only heightened the aura), and his soul.

We're done here. This wasn't even sporting. You're a waste of time and you have nothing to offer other than lame "case closed" comments and jackassery that even Johnny Knoxville wouldn't dare try and reproduce let alone attempt to outdo. You really outdid yourself again. Well done. I hope you at least believe the incredibly retarded things you say because then I could at least feel sorry for you. I can't empathize with you but I can sympathize with the mentally challenged.

I do. I am team jones 100 percent

Same here. But it seems Sherdog is a circle-jerk of Jones haters who like to convince themselves that everyone outside of their perverse group thinks like them. Step outside your insular group, there are people who aren't fascinated with high school drama disguised as MMA.

PS: Randy Couture was ranked 7 at LHW when Machida beat him

If this is actually true, even as hilarious as this is (since Vera was Randy's best win there in years), then all it shows is how little the rankings actually meant back then. Beating a 47 year old man that just beat James Toney (LOL) = instant title shot?! :icon_lol:

Thanks for the lulz. Seriously. :wink:

You're all emo on me again like a Jonas brother or a little 14 year old sister at curfew time. :icon_lol: It's really cute. Listen, last time bud, Machida didn't deserve his shot whatsoever. I just proved it for you, now, kindly piss off for good. Only an absolute fool would try and justify that he did deserve his title shot (that fool is you, of course). Gus beat a HALF DOZEN guys including a true Top 10 LHW in Shogun and a fringe Top 10 in Thiago Silva (plus Hamill and others consecutively) while Machida beat one single fighter, a 47 year old man who wasn't even Top 10 himself at LHW. Even Randy's best win at LHW was Brandon Vera at the time. You need to hop off Jones' balls pronto and away from Lyoto's urine glass. You honestly need help.

Gus deserved his title shot the first time, just like he proved he deserves it again now (by beating Jones up for 25 minutes like a redheaded stepchild and finishing fringe Top 10 ranked Manuwa). Lyoto was given a title shot because it looked "cool" that he crane kicked Couture. Get on that pink huffy of yours and bike on over to your friends to watch The Neverending Story bro. Find comfort in fiction as you always do.

Look into elections, specifically, presidential elections and how those work. Unless you think the media should tell nations who their president should be? Voting has been around since the beginning of time and it's always going to be more accurate especially when the sample size is very large and diverse (which it was in this case).

Gus lost their fight according to some American judges but damage-wise he won and it wasn't even close. Jones lost his confidence, his aura of near-invincibility (coming back from that Belfort armbar actually was called adversity and only heightened the aura), and his soul.

We're done here. This wasn't even sporting. You're a waste of time and you have nothing to offer other than lame "case closed" comments and jackassery that even Johnny Knoxville wouldn't dare try and reproduce let alone attempt to outdo. You really outdid yourself again. Well done. I hope you at least believe the incredibly retarded things you say because then I could at least feel sorry for you. I can't empathize with you but I can sympathize with the mentally challenged.

Presidential elections ???

More trite I see written, he lost, get over it.

He also beat Bader and Henderson for that rematch as he beat a division elite ranked #3 fighter for that rematch.

Munoz was #3 ranked at MW when Weidman crushed his body and spirit. Or did you actually think that these "Top 10" rankings or even MMA rankings in general really mean as much as you believe they do?! Oh God, you did, didn't you? Well, hate to break it to you but yeah, they often tend to be a load of shit. Machida running away from Hendo for a fight won't earn him a title shot either. Especially not when he was already smashed just previously by the same champion.

Munoz was #3 ranked at MW when Weidman crushed his body and spirit. Or did you actually think that these "Top 10" rankings or even MMA rankings in general really mean as much as you believe they do?! Oh God, you did, didn't you? Well, hate to break it to you but yeah, they often tend to be a load of shit. Machida running away from Hendo for a fight won't earn him a title shot either. Especially not when he was already smashed just previously by the same champion.

So now the MMA rankings mean nothing ???

Now supposedly Machida was running away from Hendo. ????

The issue is he actually fought those elite fighters and beat them for his actual title shot rematch but now these rankings mean nothing. He deserves it over Gus who fought no one in comparison to those rankings and Machida was rightly the contender for that shot as he actually beat a ranked fighter and a #3 ranked fighter for that spot.

Now the rankings mean nothing

Shalom.

Last edited:
So now the MMA rankings mean nothing ???

You tell me - do you (or did you) consider Mark Munoz an "elite" MW fighter when Weidman beat him? Cuz, you know, he was ranked #3 too! :icon_lol: Yeah, I didn't think so. They don't mean absolutely nothing, just not nearly what you think they're worth. There's 15-20 Top 5/10 lists for MMA anyway depending on wherever you go from Yahoo! to Sherdog to <insert MMA Media Outlet here> including the UFC's own rankings.

Now Machida was running away from Hendo and because he ran away, he deserves it over Gus who fought no one in comparison to rankings ????

Machida beat Hendo in a split decision that Hendo could've gotten the nod for himself. Again, he was also still old when they fought (like Couture was, ancient). We're talking 40's old. Gus beat Shogun who wasn't just Top 10 ranked, he was ranked around #6/7 or so at the time. Thiago Silva was Top 10 ranked for a while before getting suspended for a year and dropped due to inactivity from the lists. Manuwa is also basically Top 10 and was ranked at #11 and probably even at #10 by some media outlets' own lists. He's a tougher fight than Top 10 Lil Nog and far more dangerous too (standing at least). He'll prove this in his next fight.

Gus will fight anybody the UFC puts in front of him so it doesn't even matter what their ranking is (which differs depending on what list you even go by). You need to get with the program. All this Top 10 talk is great for the record books and the stats but they mean far less than the stock you put into them.

The issue is he actually fought those elite fighters and beat them for his actual title shot rematch but now these rankings mean nothing ???

Lyoto never beat one single "elite" fighter to get a title shot against Jon Jones. Bader certainly isn't elite and even if you count 40+ year old Hendo, he only lost by Split Decision. A horribly lame (performance-wise) Split Decision win over one single old fighter to earn a TITLE SHOT is just too convincing for me to fathom. I could explode right now with how deserving Lyoto was of that 2nd try at Jones' belt that he never got because everybody saw it the same way I did (aka, he didn't deserve it). He was just ran over by Jones anyway.

Enough with the Lyoto deserved his title shot shit (either time, especially his first time). He got dropped and then violently put to sleep via a front chancery choke (no, it wasn't a guillotine). Good day. Discussion over.

Last edited:
You tell me - do you (or did you) consider Mark Munoz an "elite" MW fighter when Weidman beat him? :icon_lol: I didn't think so. They don't mean absolutely nothing, just not nearly what you think they're worth. There's 15-20 Top 5/10 lists for MMA anyway depending on wherever you go from Yahoo! to Sherdog to <insert MMA Media Outlet here> including the UFC's own rankings.

Machida beat Hendo in a split decision that Hendo could've gotten the nod for himself. Again, he was also still old when they fought (like Couture was, ancient). We're talking 40's old. Gus beat Shogun who wasn't just Top 10 ranked, he was ranked around #6/7 or so at the time. Thiago Silva was Top 10 ranked for a while before getting suspended for a year and dropped due to inactivity from the lists. Manuwa is also basically Top 10 and was ranked at #11 and probably even at #10 by some media outlets' own lists. He's a tougher fight than Top 10 Lil Nog and far more dangerous too (standing at least). He'll prove this in his next fight.

Gus will fight anybody the UFC puts in front of him so it doesn't even matter what their ranking is (which differs depending on what list you even go by). You need to get with the program. All this Top 10 talk is great for the record books and the stats but they mean far less than the stock you put into them.

Lyoto never beat one single "elite" fighter to get a title shot against Jon Jones. Bader certainly isn't elite and even if you count 40+ year old Hendo, he only lost by Split Decision. A horribly lame (performance-wise) Split Decision win over one single old fighter to earn a TITLE SHOT is just too convincing for me to fathom. I could explode right now with how deserving Lyoto was of that 2nd try at Jones' belt that he never got because everybody saw it the same way I did (aka, he didn't deserve it). He was just ran over by Jones anyway.

Enough with the Lyoto deserved his title shot shit (either time, especially his first time). He got dropped and then violently put to sleep via a front chancery choke (no, it wasn't a guillotine). Good day. Discussion over.

Uh huh

Shalom.

Last edited:
What's funny about this whole situation is that if Jon got his way Phil would get a title shot faster. If Gus and DC fought that would take one of them out and Phil would end up next in line behind the winner of that.

Uh huh

Shalom.

Since the Top 10 rankings mean soooo much to you then answer me this one simple question, K?

How did Alexander Gustafsson go from being like #7 ranked (prior to fighting Jones) to being ranked #1 in the LHW division? Remember, his only 'true' Top 10 LHW win was Shogun. Sooooo...?? Oh, and Gus is now also ranked inside the Top 15 P4P fighters on the planet too, sitting at #14 P4P. Keep in mind, he was coming off a loss (when these rankings hit) and only one real Top 10 LHW win, who wasn't really even Top 5 at that! Pffft!!

Ponder that one and then get back to me. Adios! :icon_chee

UFC Rankings

Since the Top 10 rankings mean soooo much to you then answer me this one simple question, K?

How did Alexander Gustafsson go from being like #7 ranked (prior to fighting Jones) to being ranked #1 in the LHW division? Remember, his only 'true' Top 10 LHW win was Shogun. Sooooo...?? Oh, and Gus is now also ranked inside the Top 15 P4P fighters on the planet too, sitting at #14 P4P. Keep in mind, he's coming off a loss now and only one real Top 10 LHW win, who wasn't really even Top 5 at that! Pffft!!

Ponder that one and then get back to me. Adios! :icon_chee

Who gives a shit, Machida was the next contender for the title shot and beat a ranked #2 LHW fighter on the UFC rankings for that title shot as he was the rightful contender. Gustafsson did not have the ranked title wins for that spot over Machida as he got the title shot on Jones behest, not his resume or merit.

Machida was more deserving of that shot based on merit and current rankings and was the rightful contender that got usurped. You argue just to argue for Gus which is always your issue to the point where you try to degrade Machida's wins. You can argue that you personally think Gus was a better opponent but Machida's resume was infinitely better at the time and was next slated to fight jones as Gus usruped Machida by jones authority.

Last edited:
Who gives a shit, Machida was the next contender for the title shot and beat a ranked #3 LHW fighter and ranked #2 LHW fighter on the UFC rankings for that title shot as he was the rightful contender for that spot.

He was more deserving of that shot based on merit and current ranking.

Wrong again. Now, answer my question Mr. Rankings or else kindly STFU (I'm being polite here). Machida never deserved a title shot for beating a 47 year old guy. Well, he got it, got stomped, and didn't get it again despite beating Bader and old man Hendo. There's a reason for why he didn't either, his performance against Hendo was disgusting (he was scared as hell) and he barely was able to get the nod over him (a 40'ish year old man). Nobody felt that he really deserved his title shot after that stinker/let down from hell lack of performance which is why he never got it.

Happy trails! :icon_twis

Wrong again. Now, answer my question Mr. Rankings or else kindly STFU (I'm being polite here). Machida never deserved a title shot for beating a 47 year old guy. Well, he got it, got stomped, and didn't get it again despite beating Bader and old man Hendo. There's a reason for why he didn't either, his performance against Hendo was disgusting (he was scared as hell) and he barely was able to get the nod over him (a 40'ish year old man). Nobody felt that he really deserved his title shot after that stinker/let down from hell lack of performance which is why he never got it.

We are talking about Machida and Gus and his getting a shot at Jones over Machida who was rightly the next contender which was accurate. Jones is the reason Dana said no too Machida who Dana had slated next for contendership because of his division wins as Jones opted for Gustafsson whose resume was no where near Machida's. Also beating a top division #2 fighter is far more impressive than anything Gus along with what he did to Shogun who was beaten twice by that same old 40 yearold fighter. Gus had problems with the same fighter in shogun that Hendo beat twice and you are claiming something about Gus?

You argue just argue for Gus which is your problem and we see it in this thread. You may personally think Gus deserves it over Machida but he didnt have the resume nor merit as it was a gift from Jones. He took the gift and got the most out of it but his resume did not remotely come close to Machida who actually beat a top #2 LHW fighter and was slated as the next contender.

Last edited:

Hes right, you're wrong. Lots of people wanted to see Machida repeat the first round in a second fight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back