Phil Davis rips Jones' "matchmaking" efforts

Will fight Glover after he is booked, Gus only for the belt, and nothing about DC. A "No" would have been an easier answer.

It wouldn't be a Got GOAT post without writing a novel of what could be easily condensed in to two sentences.

Chael felony for money laundering is an act, him snitching not to get time is an act, him not disclosing he was doing TRT which was part of his suspension is an act, him fake tapping in past fights is an act, him making xenophobic and borderline racist comments/jokes is an act. Lmao Sonnon is good, what a Con.

I don't see anyone arguing that Chael hasn't done some stupid things, but thanks for the list. That would be like me bringing up DUI as a reason to dislike Jon Jones. It has nothing to do with how his personality comes across for me. He comes across as scared of Gus, and the transparency of it is off-putting, whereas it is very easy to be drawn in by Chael because he is clever and funny. Jon is neither, and comes across as scared. Easy to understand.

Will fight Glover after he is booked, Gus only for the belt, and nothing about DC. A "No" would have been an easier answer. DC is who he needs to be talking about non stop. Talking about Jones not going to push him ahead of Gus or DC.

Well, like I said, Jones has delayed his fight with Glover three times now. Davis said that he doesn't believe Jones will actually get in there and fight him (due to this happening) so he's prepared to fight him instead. Though I believe Davis is just trolling with Jones not being ready to fight Glover, I do believe he's sincere about fighting him in case Jones did have to delay it again or gets injured (with Phil stepping in as a replacement).

In fact, the Team Alliance fighter thinks he may be fighting Glover Teixeira for an interim title at UFC 172, due largely to his feeling that Jones is "not going to make it to the fight."

"Well, here's what I think. I don't know exactly what will get you the title shot," Davis admitted. "I'll tell you what, if Jones pulls out of this fight, I'm fighting Glover Teixeira for an interim title and that's that. Hands down, you can start printing the posters now."

"If that doesn't happen and Jones makes it to the fight, we fight the same night. I fight Anthony Johnson and everyone goes home happy."

Phil Davis vs. Glover Teixeira? 'Mr. Wonderful' expecting Jon Jones to pull out of UFC 172 title fight

Phil will fight anybody, he says, but yeah - with Gus it's definitely a conditional thing (which isn't a problem right now because both guys are already booked). But, it goes both ways, it's the same condition(s) with Gus too. Then, with this stepping in for Jones and fighting Glover for the interim LHW title talk (which you can almost guarantee won't happen since Jones will show), it too is conditional, but I believe he does mean it and would do it. He seems serious about it, even going as far as saying "Hands down, you can start printing the posters now". Him fighting Anthony Johnson for now works imo. Not that AJ is Top 10 ranked at LHW but he has the skills to be in there and is moving down from HW after some nice wins.

Cormier will need to fight someone between now and Jones & Gus going at it again. I don't care who it is really, just as long as it's someone Top 10/ish. Davis, win or lose to AJ, could always fight Glover if he loses to Jones. Cormier could then fight AJ (who is a JUCO wrestling champ and a good striker with lots of KO power himself).

Last edited:
Phil is trying to talk himself into a title shot but he hasn't earned anything. He didn't even legitimately beat Machida.

Does anyone like jones?

PR6.gif

Jon Jones has beaten the best of the best. People are complaining about Glover too now. I would put my money on Glover to absolutely destroy Phil Davis.

It wouldn't be a Got GOAT post without writing a novel of what could be easily condensed in to two sentences.

He meant a simple "No" from Phil. Phil has conditions for fighting his part-time teammate in Gus and the Glover thing is conditional too at the moment (if Jones pulls out, then he'll step in as a replacement). Not everything in life is Yes or No, Pass or Fail, Go or Stop, Black or White. You should know this since you're a mathematician and all. :wink:

Last edited:
I never want to see Jones and Davis fight.

The amount of times "explosive" will get used will make my head explode.

Science has proven that the collision of dually explosive and athletic masses leads to the creation of a new particle called: Dynamic.

Well, Gus fighting Manuwa and Cormier being talked about for a shot with a win over the coffee guy are obviously frustrating for Jones, he fights nothing but killers. Why wouldn't he think "I take on the number 1 contender Glover, while Cormier and Gus duke it out for the next shot".

Cormier will likely have to beat a top 10 fighter in the meantime though, so it seems like he just wouldn't mind seeing Gus derailed.

1. Ok. Bottom line is he's still out there getting the toughest matchups he can.

2. Saying someone doesn't deserve to fight you is a dooshy thing to say in public. Jones has stepped up and fought a ton of tough guys. He also puts people off by jockeying the contenders in the media. Regardless, Jon doesn't talk shit to get the fights, he talks shit about dudes not being ready or needing to fight tougher fights. Can't believe you can't see the difference.

OH BULLSHIT...he's collecting checks knowing his mouth is his value...that and only that. He has nothing to lose...due to dumbasses like you.

Jones beats every mofo put in front of him and doesn't need to fluff somebody to get paid, unlike Phael.

I don't see any big reason to criticize Jones here. His next three fights, if he keeps winning, will be Glover, Gus and Cormier, he's already said he accepts the fact that he will have to fight them all in the end. Anyone who can't see why he might have an issue with Gus getting a shot with a win over Manuwa, a guy who Jones said he'd never even seen fight, isn't being fair. Jones worked his ass off for the belt, he's not gonna be trying to clear a path for legit threats to coast back into contention. What's wrong with wanted contenders to earn their shots?

Cormier will likely have to beat a top 10 fighter in the meantime though, so it seems like he just wouldn't mind seeing Gus derailed.

Cormier does need to beat a Top 10 LHW or fringe Top 10 (at the very least) before getting his title shot. He'll have plenty of time to do it with Jones about to fight Glover and then with Gus fighting the winner of the two. As much as Cormier would like Gus to be out of the title contention picture (ie. he was rooting for Manuwa to upset him and even offered to train with Jimi), he can't derail a train that's already directly on track for the next title shot regardless of who wins in the next LHW title fight. Especially not one that's locked in so tightly if Jones beats Glover; with him and Gus' last fight unanimously winning FOTY and the high number of PPV buys this fight will surely do.

Cormier does need to beat a Top 10 LHW or fringe Top 10 (at the very least) before getting his title shot. He'll have plenty of time to do it with Jones about to fight Glover and then with Gus fighting the winner of the two. As much as Cormier would like Gus to be out of the title contention picture (ie. he was rooting for Manuwa to upset him and even offered to train with Jimi), he can't derail a train that's already directly on track for the next title shot regardless of who wins in the next LHW title fight. Especially not one that's locked in so tightly if Jones beats Glover; with him and Gus' last fight unanimously winning FOTY and the high number of PPV buys this fight will surely do.

True.

I meant Jones wouldn't mind seeing Gus derailed though, in regards to his comments.

To be honest, I was very surprised recently when someone commented in a thread that Gus has only one top 10 win, against a declining Shogun. I want Gus to take the belt, but come on, people have to look at this shit from Bones perspective too. That was before Gus looked great against Manuwa, who, as it turns out, is ranked (oddly). So I can see the case for a shot and I want to see it. But, I get where Jon is coming from.

True.

I meant Jones wouldn't mind seeing Gus derailed though, in regards to his comments.

To be honest, I was very surprised recently when someone commented in a thread that Gus has only one top 10 win, against a declining Shogun. I want Gus to take the belt, but come on, people have to look at this shit from Bones perspective too. That was before Gus looked great against Manuwa, who, as it turns out, is ranked (oddly). So I can see the case for a shot and I want to see it. But, I get where Jon is coming from.

Jon is absolutely correct in what he said about all of the contenders, who have done very little to get that shot amongst the division elites. Their records speaks for itself when you look at who they have beat. Gus gets a rematch which he was owed but he didnt deserve the first match up against jones over Machida who should of gotten that shot in terms of record. It's comical to read folks who claim Gus is owed this immediate rematch when he got a gift at jones the first time over Machida. Now they are upset that Texiera is getting a shot he deserves over Gus.

Its actually strange to see that people even argue about what Jones said as if what he said was not accurate to some degree. We understand that they are the only viable fighters left but jones was correct in what he said about free rides at LHW when you look at who many of these contenders have fought compared to the rest of the division. I still think Dana and crew kept Rashad away from Gus before he fought jones who I thought should have fought Rashad or at least one top lvl LHW fighter along with Texiera for contendership rights.

Last edited:
Phil Davis would be somebody if Jones, Cormier, Gus, Glover, and Rashad didn't exist. Unfortunately for him, they do. And he will never step out of their shadow.

I don't see anyone arguing that Chael hasn't done some stupid things, but thanks for the list. That would be like me bringing up DUI as a reason to dislike Jon Jones. It has nothing to do with how his personality comes across for me. He comes across as scared of Gus, and the transparency of it is off-putting, whereas it is very easy to be drawn in by Chael because he is clever and funny. Jon is neither, and comes across as scared. Easy to understand.

Dude you are the one that said the "douche-baggery" shit Chael does is an act. I just hit you stuff showing you its not just an act, many of it is real. He's just a smart dude that knows how to work himself around people and fans. So much so that many think every single asshole thing he does now is an act.

Back