Phil Davis rips Jones' "matchmaking" efforts

Chael talks his way into checks.

And who has Jones not fought? Every fighter Jones has needed to fight he has already.

1. Not sure what you're saying.
2. I guess you've missed the many times Jones has said a guy doesn't deserve to fight him for whatever reason.

No one likes JBJ because he's a douche. JBJ posts insults to fighters via social media but quickly deletes them like a puss ala against DC, Tyson Griffen and Hendo. JBJ is very immature and arrogant, which will make it even sweeter when he gets KTFO one day.

People must be out of their &** desperate to rip Jones when they start quoting Phil davis. Davis, who everyone HATED after his 'win' over Machida and his lack of killer instinct. All roads lead to Rome, I guess, though. Davis and his antics are as pathetic as this thread. Far as Jones goes. He is the champ, until someone takes the belt I am laughing my ass off at people getting their pink panties knotted every times he speaks. It's hilarious how Sonnen gets all this credit for owning and trolling, yet Jones has most of you hanging on his every tweet and you refuse to acknowledge the hold he has over you. Pathetic. Jones owns most of you, and deep down, you know it.
When Chael posts an insult to someone, he doesn't delete it like ya boy JBJ. Chael will fight anyone. JBJ tries to play self matchmaker instead of having a champion's mentality of whoever you put in front off me I'll eliminate them.

1. Not sure what you're saying.
2. I guess you've missed the many times Jones has said a guy doesn't deserve to fight him for whatever reason.

1. That Sonnen has nothing to lose and welcomes all fights with the sole purpose to collect a check. Its not about him being some badass. Than goes into the fight and basically falls apart at the first sign of danger.

2. Saying someone doesn't deserve to fight you, does not mean you are avoiding them. Jones has fought everyone he was suppose to within reasonable time.

People must be out of their &** desperate to rip Jones when they start quoting Phil davis. Davis, who everyone HATED after his 'win' over Machida and his lack of killer instinct. All roads lead to Rome, I guess, though. Davis and his antics are as pathetic as this thread. Far as Jones goes. He is the champ, until someone takes the belt I am laughing my ass off at people getting their pink panties knotted every times he speaks. It's hilarious how Sonnen gets all this credit for owning and trolling, yet Jones has most of you hanging on his every tweet and you refuse to acknowledge the hold he has over you. Pathetic. Jones owns most of you, and deep down, you know it.

This

Never met anyone who says aboot in Canada.

Guy just said it in the above video, shortly after he said "sway-doe," lol.

Every Canadian I've ever encountered has denied the "aboot" thing, yet they all do it. Though to be fair, it's more like "aboat." It's a well-known linguistic phenomenon known as Canadian raising.

Americans can pick Canadians out a mile away due to the Canadian raising thing. Audio examples with explanation from your own York Univeristy: http://www.yorku.ca/twainweb/troberts/raising.html

Looks like you are the most worked up. I literally only hear about Jones's tweets here... I, personally, don't think Davis deserves to be in title shot discussion. That's not the point. Jones's douche-baggery is not an act, and he is not clever about what he says. Chael's is an act, and he is clever. Jones is a hell of a fighter, but he really DOES come off as being scared of Gus. That is the point.

1. That Sonnen has nothing to lose and welcomes all fights with the sole purpose to collect a check. Its not about him being some badass. Than goes into the fight and basically falls apart at the first sign of danger.

2. Saying someone doesn't deserve to fight you, does not mean you are avoiding them. Jones has fought everyone he was suppose to within reasonable time.

1. Ok. Bottom line is he's still out there getting the toughest matchups he can.

2. Saying someone doesn't deserve to fight you is a dooshy thing to say in public. Jones has stepped up and fought a ton of tough guys. He also puts people off by jockeying the contenders in the media. Regardless, Jon doesn't talk shit to get the fights, he talks shit about dudes not being ready or needing to fight tougher fights. Can't believe you can't see the difference.

Phil seems like a super cool dude. I'm no Jones hater at all but when he brought up the idea of Gus and Cormier fighting each other a few weeks ago that was just weak. He definitely does have the toughest road ahead of him out of any champ though.

Gus, Glover, Gus, (probably) DC. Its about as tough a 4 contenders in a row as the MMA world has ever seen.

2. Saying someone doesn't deserve to fight you is a dooshy thing to say in public. Jones has stepped up and fought a ton of tough guys. He also puts people off by jockeying the contenders in the media. Regardless, Jon doesn't talk shit to get the fights, he talks shit about dudes not being ready or needing to fight tougher fights. Can't believe you can't see the difference.

The truth hurts.

Otherwise respectful, Davis seems to diss JBJ in every interview lately.

Yes, but the link in that thread points to an MMA Fighting article which itself only links to Phil's matchmaking criticism YouTube video. Most people have no idea it's even in there because the subject matter's focal point in that thread, and the actual title of the article at MMAFighting.com, is Phil's quote:

"Jon Jones is like a shortbread cookie that will

Gus, Glover, Gus, (probably) DC. Its about as tough a 4 contenders in a row as the MMA world has ever seen.

To be honest, I'd take Shogun, Rampage, Machida and Rashad over those four.

Looks like you are the most worked up. I literally only hear about Jones's tweets here... I, personally, don't think Davis deserves to be in title shot discussion. That's not the point. Jones's douche-baggery is not an act, and he is not clever about what he says. Chael's is an act, and he is clever. Jones is a hell of a fighter, but he really DOES come off as being scared of Gus. That is the point.

Chael felony for money laundering is an act, him snitching not to get time is an act, him not disclosing he was doing TRT which was part of his suspension is an act, him fake tapping in past fights is an act, him making xenophobic and borderline racist comments/jokes is an act. Lmao Sonnon is good, what a Con.

I wouldnt call that ripping into, that would involve being angry. He's straight up mocking and ridiculing him. Jones is a great fighter but as a champ he's not well respected by his division anymore. They all saw what Gus did to him and are smelling blood. It's nothing compared to the way middleweights feared anderson for the longest time.
Oh god the Gus fans spreadingg their delusion again.

Phil has been saying for a while that he'll fight anybody, including Glover. He said he'd fight Glover if Jones won't at UFC 172 (suggesting that Jones will pull out again due to it now being delayed 3 different times). He'll fight Alex Gustafsson too, his part-time training partner at Alliance, but only for the belt as I understand it. He may fight him to become the #1 contender too, if that ever happens where they have to, but not until one of those things happens. He's busy with AJ/Rumble next and Cormier will need to find someone to fight between now and the Jones-Gus rematch. If DC just waits around (which he said he wouldn't recently) then that will be a long time. He needs to get a Top 10 win or at least a fringe Top 10 in between.

Will fight Glover after he is booked, Gus only for the belt, and nothing about DC. A "No" would have been an easier answer. DC is who he needs to be talking about non stop. Talking about Jones not going to push him ahead of Gus or DC.

Back