Phil Anselmo of Pantera breaks down Logan Paul vs. KSI

SSgt Dickweed

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score

I know you guys are dying to find out what a musician thinks of two youtube personalities' boxing technique in their recent exhibition fight. Who even cares about Floyd vs. Manny part 2?

No need to thank me.

Logan Paul dropped his hand after the jab probably to bait KSI. He didn't feel the man was a threat. Plus they're range was long in the beginning of this clip he is referring to. Is it advised, no, but it is doable if you're comfortable and far enough out of harm's way which I'd say Logan was because of his height/reach.

I'm just surprised they both had as much attention on them as they did.

Overall Phil actually knows what he is talking about, I'd let him coach me.

Logan Paul dropped his hand after the jab probably to bait KSI. He didn't feel the man was a threat. Plus they're range was long in the beginning of this clip he is referring to. Is it advised, no, but it is doable if you're comfortable and far enough out of harm's way which I'd say Logan was because of his height/reach.

I'm just surprised they both had as much attention on them as they did.

Overall Phil actually knows what he is talking about, I'd let him coach me.

Yeah, Phil is comparing them too much to actual boxers. They're both still amateurs skill-wise. Can't expect too much from them but they both gave a great show.

Yeah, Phil is comparing them too much to actual boxers. They're both still amateurs skill-wise. Can't expect too much from them but they both gave a great show.

He knows his stuff though, I was surprised. Entertaining vid all the way through. They should have him on ESPN to provide celebrity commentary if they haven't already.

I'd struggle to even class them as novice amateurs

I'd struggle to even class them as novice amateurs

Hahaha you're rough bro. Lol. I would at least give them novice. Definitely not open. At least I would hope not. I guess you're right if the fight wasn't sanctioned, but I know that's not what you were referring to. They are technically sub novice. lol

Hahaha you're rough bro. Lol. I would at least give them novice. Definitely not open. At least I would hope not. I guess you're right if the fight wasn't sanctioned, but I know that's not what you were referring to. They are technically sub novice. lol

Yeah no harm to them or anything but a novice getting ready for their first competition would easily beat them. I know they didn't train for very long. Just is what it is.

I know you guys are dying to find out what a musician thinks of two youtube personalities' boxing technique in their recent exhibition fight. Who even cares about Floyd vs. Manny part 2?

No need to thank me.

His commentary input was good but I think (after watching him on the bag) he overrates his own technical ability somewhat as he drops his own hands quite a bit.

Phil used to train at the kronk with emmanuel steward, he used to always drop some boxing commentary articles on some boxing websites, but its hard to find any boxing info since google pushed back independent blogs for only mainstream big media conglomerates in top of search. i hate reading boxing opinions from big media journos, I loved reading opinions on those fans blogs which have now disappeared in search.

Back in high school there was a friend of mine who got into boxing because of Phil.

He was a huge Pantera fan.

Back