PFL Season kicks off this week

VulcanNervPinch

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
On Thursday (??)
NBCSN main, Facebook prelims

http://www.pflmma.com/fight-card/?tag=pfl-1
http://www.sherdog.com/events/Professional-Fighters-League-PFL-1-2018-Regular-Season-67131

6 HW fights
6 Featherweight

Heavyweight Mike Kyle vs. Shawn Jordan
Heavyweight Denis Goltsov vs. Nick Rossborough
Heavyweight Jared Rosholt vs. Valdrin Istrefi
Heavyweight Caio Alencar vs. Jake Heun
Heavyweight Josh Copeland vs. Jack May
Heavyweight Francimar Barroso vs. Daniel Gallemore

The Professional Fighters League is the first organization ever to present MMA as a true sport that features a regular season, playoffs, and championship. Individual fighters will control their own destiny, competing in a win-and-advance post-season format. The 2018 PFL season consists of seven regular-season events, a bracket-style playoff, and a $10 million post-season championship prize pool. The premiere season begins with 72 athletes, 12 in each of the six different weight-classes, with one fighter in each division earning the title of true champion.

The PFL regular season will run from June to August. The PFL postseason will be held in October on consecutive Saturday nights, with an exciting win-or-go-home elimination. The season-ending PFL Championship promises to be one of the most talked about nights in sports, with championship fights for each of the six weight class in one night live on New Year’s Eve. Before the ball drops, six MMA athletes will have each earned $1,000,000 in prize money and be crowned true champions.

I'm fairly interested in this.
Something fresh and different.

I’ll give it a watch but if it don’t bleed enough I might have to switch back to the Cartoon Network.

My body is ready.

Also, I think Philipe Lins replaced Mike Kyle for the fight this week.

Also have the FW fights

Idrisov/Siler
Palmer/Bekbulat
Harrison/Tuerxun
Galvao/Malegarie
Timur/Coga
Almeida/Coville

This is a really solid card from PFL, deeper than some Bellator shows. Dont think they will last with the money they are giving out, being on Thurs and on NBC SPorts but its not bad.

I'll be watching

Should be fun, but Mike Kyle already removed.

Hope we don't get too much of that. Injuries/Pullouts is the one thing that can mess this tournament up.

This is a bloody excellent card. It's right up there at UFC standards, even. I sort of loathe the fact that it's airing on a work-day, though.

Wonder how long the organization will hold?

This is a bloody excellent card. It's right up there at UFC standards, even. I sort of loathe the fact that it's airing on a work-day, though.

I don't mind Thursday shows for TV purposes - I can DVR and watch whenever.

But I wanted to go to the local one. Not gonna happen on a worknight.

Malegarie warwagon in this event, hopefully he can get the W , FW is kinda stacked in PFL

i want some new stars to be discovered, tournaments are the best way to do that. the more unfamiliar names the better for me in cards like this

I'm in. Don't think it's sustainable, but I don't mind going along for the ride.

i want some new stars to be discovered, tournaments are the best way to do that. the more unfamiliar names the better for me in cards like this

Most guys are mid tier retreads from other orgs very few are actual unknown prospects.Should be an interesting tournament but I'm seeing a bunch of pullouts from injury during thus season format.

There are a few divisions that look pretty damn good but others not so much.If I remember I'll watch it but I'll probably forget lol.

Don't forget to log on Thursday for the PFL Discussion...

Tuerxun has no business being in there with Andre. That's gonna be a drubbing.

Harrison is gonna win the whole thing. After that we'll see what happens with this org but he should jump to UFC or Bellator. His style may not be exciting but he deserves the step up in comp.

Harrison is gonna win the whole thing. After that we'll see what happens with this org but he should jump to UFC or Bellator. His style may not be exciting but he deserves the step up in comp.

If Andre wins a million dollars he'd be crazy to leave PFL and fight for 10k + Reebok.

has a Canadian broadcast deal been announced?

Back