Banned
Reaction score
Ratings starting to flatten out to WSOF levels

PFL Daytona (debut) - 291k viwers
PFL Everett - 153k viewers
PFL Fight Night - 238k viewers
PFL 1 - 116k viewers
PFL 2 - 150k viewers

I gave PFL a shot and saw their events but honestly and not to hate, the event’s talent, production and atmosphere doesn’t seem to hold my interest.

Hope they do well though

I gave PFL a shot and saw their events but honestly and not to hate, the event’s talent, production and atmosphere doesn’t seem to hold my interest.

Hope they do well though
I watched the last two and thought the production quality and new logo really helped out. But after a few minutes, it quickly set in that this is just WSOF with a new name and concept. It felt pretty much the same.

I won’t lie, I REALLY like the points system. Fighters are going out there and trying to finish because they have a reason now. It’s gonna be awesome watching Will Brooks have to try and actually finish someone because he’ll fall behind with decisions alone.

I watched PFL 1 and 2 and thought they were two of the more enjoyable events this year.

PROS: I love how there's a connective tissue holding everyone in the division together, and how every fight feels like the main event. It seems to open up discussion on sherdog and create a great sense of fun. Plus tons of finishes and clearly motivated fighters.

CONS: The Chicago commission really tried screwing them over, some poor audio moments, plus Harrison and Brooks were boring.

I like it though, and am pulling for the PFL tournament to be a yearly tradition.

Is there anywhere you can watch after the event?

I tape NBCSN, but most fights aren't broadcast. Couldn't find anything on the NBCSN website or Facebook Watch (except for a few highlights).

Just too much mma. Nothing they can do really, it's not in their control.

Is there anywhere you can watch after the event?

I tape NBCSN, but most fights aren't broadcast. Couldn't find anything on the NBCSN website or Facebook Watch (except for a few highlights).
The non NBC SN undercards are here in full. For those outside the U.S. you should be able to watch the whole replays here, including what we saw on NBC SN in the U.S.: https://www.facebook.com/PFLmmaLive/

150k is actually decent numbers for cable TV now days. It should be good enough for top 150, which is generally what advertisers are looking for. Unless NBCSN paid too much for it.

150k is actually decent numbers for cable TV now days. It should be good enough for top 150, which is generally what advertisers are looking for. Unless NBCSN paid too much for it.

No it's not lol

Especially when your paying MILLIONS of dollars out at the end of the season and millions more just putting on the shows leading up and paying fighters before the post season.

These guys are not going to turn a single cent profit if they can't get people to watch and or fill arenas. Last 2 shows have had alot of empty seats.

Was it decent enough to generate $1mil revenue for each weight class or whatever they are paying out in purses?

Will the next event show if Jake Shields is a needlemover?

The first two cards were fairly based outside the main events, but neither touched the top 150 to my knowledge.

Was it decent enough to generate $1mil revenue for each weight class or whatever they are paying out in purses?

Will the next event show if Jake Shields is a needlemover?

Maybe with luck, after 1st season they can get a deal like the one that Bellator just closed on a streaming service....
It is a good product IMO...

Ugh that's rough. I was hoping they'd do at least like 250k which I think they were doing around that for the first couple dozen WSOF events.

PFL 1 and 2 have generally been pretty awesome. Hopefully the ratings pick up.

I was watching the NBA draft

There’s the World Cup

And of course...The Avengers

I just watched my first PFL event recently, I liked it.

Definitely going to keep following along.

Trying to get pay closer attention to Worldwide MMA.

I'm interested in them, but having to watch them on facebook up here in Canada is a bit of a pain in the ass.

Something tells me PFL (whatever their name is) will end up being part of Bellator.

No it's not lol

Especially when your paying MILLIONS of dollars out at the end of the season and millions more just putting on the shows leading up and paying fighters before the post season.

These guys are not going to turn a single cent profit if they can't get people to watch and or fill arenas. Last 2 shows have had alot of empty seats.

Except the numbers are decent. You obviously don't know anything about cable ratings. You see 150k and assume small.

NBCSN is currently averaging 168k viewers across their network. This time last year it was 108k viewers and year to date so far in 2018 is 123k viewers. I'm very confident NBCSN is happy with this number.

I think you grossly overestimate how much people watch cable TV outside of a few prime time shows and you underestimate how much advertising companies are willing to pay out, even for shows doing 150k.

I don't think its that bad and they have some great fights if you see the whole card. NBC sports doesn't do very good avg. ratings to begin with. So if your beating that your probably in the good. Though I highly doubt NBCsports is paying enough to PFL to cover this crazy venture.

I still think they should promote one or two fights as the headline fights on NBCsports leading up to the event. Then choose what fights to show leading up those main events via tape delayed (whoppie if its 2 hours tape delayed, majority of the fans won't even know) and you'd have some very good action packed events from start to hopefully finish. Gives you a little more control of what your putting out there to the TV audience. Plus you may fit in a few extra fights and it helps build fighters up to the fan base.

Back