PFL 9: 2018 Playoffs 2, Sat. Oct 13, 6:30 PM Prelims/9 PM ET Main Card PBP Discussion Thread

Whoever lost that was going to be upset. Like I said, hopefully these two meet again some time in the not to distant future.

Close fight, oh well either one of them were gonna end up being outclassed by Rashid.

So conventional wisdom is that Schulte has nothing for Magomedov ?

Really? I thought he was pretty decent at taking them on his forearms

He did, but a good amount got through too. there were large parts of the fight where he just walked forward with a high guard and let Wade go to work. I just felt like Wade out paced him a bit, and schulte didn't do much in return till the last minute or so of the last two rounds.

Close fight.

Rashid is obviously a huge favorite. But Schulte is a much better fighter than that one showed. His cardio was ruined from 2-fights in one night.

Close fight, but I thought Wade took the last two rounds. It's like UFC judging circa 2012, where a takedown or two and moving forward wins you a round, even when you are being outstruck by a wide margin. Seeing that reminds me of how far MMA judging has come, except perhaps in the PFL.

I think either guy loses to Rashid.

Even though I didn't think Wade won... I can never say no to someone thrashing the judges.

the one judge going right now, "Hey Chris, I scored the fight for you! Don't lump me in with those other two judges!"

Close fight, but I thought Wade took the last two rounds. It's like UFC judging circa 2012, where a takedown or two and moving forward wins you a round, even when you are being outstruck by a wide margin. Seeing that reminds me of how far MMA judging has come, except perhaps in the PFL.

Maybe that last-second RNC stole Schulte the 2nd round?

when this PFL season started, I was not expecting Sean O'Connell to be in the LHW final.

Bataev backstage, sipping coffee to stay warm:D

when this PFL season started, I was not expecting Sean O'Connell to be in the LHW final.

I didn't expect O'Connell in the freaking Tourney to begin with:D

Yup. His countryman Mamedov would've been the only one that would've gave him a challenge in my opinion but he got injured after he won.

of course both main events are going to happen at the same time. Sorry Vinny and Bazigit, but you are not getting my attention.

of course both main events are going to happen at the same time. Sorry Vinny and Bazigit, but you are not getting my attention.

Actually glad I'm on the west coast so they don't clash, no spoilers please. :D

Back