PFL 3 July 5th DC WW's and MW's 1st round Full Card! Shields vs Cooper headliner

Uh, that clears up my confusion haha. Thanks man, I'll edit that part out. I saw the name and just searched ray cooper mma, and looked at the guy that fought Shields in 2004.

PFL needs to bring back 16-0 Phillip Miller so that Jake Shields can have his revenge from 2002 on him.:cool:

What is PFL doing? Why do they book these fights as the main event? First Harrison, then Brooks, and now Shields? All great fighters, to be sure, but given their history do we really think they're going to start putting on exciting fights now?

What is PFL doing? Why do they book these fights as the main event? First Harrison, then Brooks, and now Shields? All great fighters, to be sure, but given their history do we really think they're going to start putting on exciting fights now?
The order of fights and fight chosen as the main event hardly matter with a league format like this. They are probably just choosing the more well known fighters as the main events even though many of the lesser known or less popular fighters on the cards will make for more exciting fights and faster stoppages.

The order of fights and fight chosen as the main event hardly matter with a league format like this. They are probably just choosing the more well known fighters as the main events even though many of the lesser known or less popular fighters on the cards will make for more exciting fights and faster stoppages.
You're right on the money. Shields is a far bigger name than other Nurmagomedov/story/zeferino/howard and on and on. I'm not questioning that. It's just in these situations, the main event tends to be the most watched fight, but think of his last fights. I guess they have "bad blood" and a score to settle some 14 years later. I'm joking about the bad blood, I hope.

Loaded week/weekend. PFL. UFC Fight Night and PPV... Join the Sherdog discussion for each event.

Loving these cards. I noticed that the prelims is mostly Middleweights. Pretty cool. I hope the main card fights are available online somewhere. Have to sleep by then for overnight shift. FML.

Shields by UD
Nurmagomedov by UD
Story by SUB
Gamzatov by KO
Zeferino by SUB
Umalatov by DEC

Magomedkerimov by DEC
Sadibou Sy by DEC (I just can't bring myself to say Bruno Santos, I'm sorry)
Taylor by TKO
Harris by DEC
Magomedov by SUB
Westin by TKO

This
Israel vs Tavares
And then UFC 226
3 Days in a Row
giphy.gif

Uh, that clears up my confusion haha. Thanks man, I'll edit that part out. I saw the name and just searched ray cooper mma, and looked at the guy that fought Shields in 2004.
It's pretty wild that Shields is fighting the son of a man he fought 14 years ago.

Preshow starts 5:30ET, first fight shortly after (between 5:45-6:00).

Less than 12 hours.

Decent card,the headliner is garbage but so has the rest of the headliners so far.

Should be intriguing ......

Anyone want to guess the viewership ratings?

You guys think it stays 150k or goes down?

Decent card,the headliner is garbage but so has the rest of the headliners so far.

Should be intriguing ......

Anyone want to guess the viewership ratings?

You guys think it stays 150k or goes down?
Lower!!! Shields oh tv not good

How many brothers/cousins does Khabib have and is this dude on today's card good?

Back