PFL 2018 #1 N.Y Thursday June 7th. Full card and official weigh ins

Been debating whether or not to get tickets for this.
Thought about the cheapo $5 tickets, but the f’ing service charge was something like $10 per ticket. Da fuq??
Just walk up and buy them, no service fee. I would go, card is pretty stacked.

They might do postlims like bellator does.

PFL actually promoted the number of fights on each segment though so I don't think that's the case. Plus once 11PM ET hits they have a new Post-Show that they're trying to highlight.

PFL actually promoted the number of fights on each segment though so I don't think that's the case. Plus once 11PM ET hits they have a new Post-Show that they're trying to highlight.
I do hope your correct. They might just not televise them? I have been to LFA and Bellator fights where there will be untelevised fights they couldnt fit on the prelims. Hopefully this isnt the case.

I do hope your correct. They might just not televise them? I have been to LFA and Bellator fights where there will be untelevised fights they couldnt fit on the prelims. Hopefully this isnt the case.

That would suck, but you can even see under their schedule it shows the number of fights advertised per section. They seem pretty organized. Plus today's Kyle vs. Lins already got pulled, so they shouldn't have a problem.

Screen Shot 2018-06-07 at 2.08.31 PM.png

Wait people are getting excited for Mike Kyle Shawn Jordan & Jared Rosholt?

I mean they're fun brawlers but i was expecting more with the posters hyping PFL.

You guys get attached to any random organization that pops up.
Pride isn't coming back guys.

I mean they're fun brawlers but i was expecting more with the posters hyping PFL.

I see PFL as a interesting concept, that if successful, could potentially create some awesome yearly tournaments.

UFC is my favorite promotion, but they left a gap where structure has fallen apart (guys rising based off popularity), as well as activity (guys fighting 1-2 times a year). PFL will hopefully fill this niche, creating a nice six month package where you get to see fighters quickly rise or drop in a more sports playoff style presentation - one that will get fighters paid. I want to give it a shot.

Last edited:

It's six simultaneous tournaments in as many weight classes leading to more than a million dollar purse for each of the six winners on the New Years Eve card. There are a lot of good fighters in the tournaments. This has nothing to do with Pride nostalgia. What's not to like about this? I think it's the most interesting MMA promotion in a long time.

Just discovered this league today. I really like the regular season and playoffs setup to this. I have my doubts about what percentage of fighters are actually able to make all the matchups to get to the championship without getting injured along the way

That would suck, but you can even see under their schedule it shows the number of fights advertised per section. They seem pretty organized. Plus today's Kyle vs. Lins already got pulled, so they shouldn't have a problem.

View attachment 390329

Actually lins replaced Kyle to face Shawn Jordan.

But Jordan missed weight by 9-10 pounds

So Lins gets the winning points

View attachment 390329
Just saw this on facebook, I might be right.

After the Live fights on NBCSN, tune in here for either a recap of the action or a bonus swing bout not featured on television.

Actually lins replaced Kyle to face Shawn Jordan.

But Jordan missed weight by 9-10 pounds

So Lins gets the winning points
Correct. But the bout still won't take place, so from a scheduling perspective they should be fine on time.

Just saw this on facebook, I might be right.

After the Live fights on NBCSN, tune in here for either a recap of the action or a bonus swing bout not featured on television.
Interesting.

Well we will see. That's what today is all about. See how the whole show is run, whether they're organized, have good pacing etc. It sounds like a cool idea but we'll know a lot more in a few hours.

Someone answer my question before I whip all u ninjas
Bekbulat isn't related, his name is Magomedov and not Nurmagomedov, but Abubakar is Khabib's cousin turned adopted brother.

Back