PFL 1 - Fitch vs Foster - Daytona

well i'm on about my normal yearly pace right now but in a HORRENDOUS ufc slump lately

Bella 178: +263.75
UFN 108: +2,602.44
CES 44: +70
UFC 211: +1,464.96
Bella 179: -153.50
Titan 44: +50
Invicta 23: +89.50
KSW 39: 0
UFN 109: +1,376.41
UFC 212: -672.76
UFN 110: -1,243.94
UFN 111: -805.78
Bella 180: +509.67
UFN 112: -856.70
LFA 15: -47.52
PFL 1: +351.48

that's over the last 9 or 10 weeks.

or more specifically:

UFC 212: -672.76
UFN 110: -1,243.94
UFN 111: -805.78
Bella 180: +509.67
UFN 112: -856.70
LFA 15: -47.52
PFL 1: +351.48

^^ june

it's making me not even look forward to the doubleheader next week. i feel like i'm already gonna lose. i've even toyed with the idea of taking a pass for the first time in like 10 years lol.. hopefully i can pick my spots better. idk. this terrible streak is just screwing w/my head. making all the big dogs just missing cashing soooo frustrating
Slam down a couple of 3-fight slam dunk parlays. Get your feet back under you. I've been in a rut too. I had SEVERAL props/straights/parlays on the last bellator card and literally only ended up +$10 at the end of the night. I've swing and missef on pretty much everything ufc this year an I might be down around $1k on ufc, but I've been able to bring myself out of the hole via poker/baseball. I've even thought about straight up tailing picks, which I'm against for my own ego purpose.

I'm a humble person. I don't brag about what I win, and I don't complain about what I lose. I was grossly spoiled from last july to last december with what I won off ufc. I had a work injury and had shoulder surgery without getting back pay til this past January, and I was able to support myself with my winnings, so I will happily go through a losing streak now.

What did I tell you guys about fucking Brian faster LOL that guy could snatch defeat from the jaws of victory if he were holding a blowtorch add an igloo. Somehow he will fuck up that situation. The fight was his for the taking and Fitch was done for.

That is why I recommend the under 2.5. I felt either Foster would catch Fitch early or else he would get submitted. Brian Foster is a hybrid version of Melvin Guillard and Justin Scoggins with a sprinkle of Chael Sonnen. By that I mean he's a mental midget who continuously steps on obvious rakes in the middle of fights that he's winning. And somehow finds a way to mentally check out. He literally fell to his knees from nothing and then immediately got choked out with a schoolyard headlock. Yay Carlos Newton and Rocky Pennington bulldog chokers!

I did get to hit Markes so, "Thanks God" LOL
Like I said, Rama is flaky with no cardio.

...but I really ended up giving away some of my winnings as I switched off of Jason High at the last minute and played Caros ML and then a High/Fedor o2.5 + Fitch.

EZ swayed me off of The Kansas City Baandit who committed a roberrymin Daytona. Know that it was a horrible decision, just that he got lucky that Carol gave him that fight or a SilverPlatter. However, I'm not upset I switched sides because that was the right side regardless. I actually believed that Carlos won that fight. I'll have to watch it again though.

Also hit .5u on a Zeff fade! WAR Guam

Hope everyone didn't take a bath. And once again I would be remiss if I didn't say "Thanks God" LOL

Lol they did such a bad job of promoting this event that I thought it was Saturday night. Completely missed it.

Wow, I'm impressed. Very deep historical reference by Jason High in his post fight speech: "Walking out in the rain, I felt like Caesar at Alesia, besieged on all sides." He's referencing one of the most unique and unusual battles of ancient history featuring the famous Roman general and later emperor Julius Caesar: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Alesia

Very impressed with High's knowledge too.... In the third round he actually showed infinite knowledge as he implied the "tortoise defense" LOL a true strategy/defense (Google it).

I love that shit too JG. Cannot get enough of old Roman war stories. Thank goodness for Plutarch!

Could you imagine living in the time of the wars that Julius Cesar and Vercingetorix and other troopers engaged in during this time? Complete and other brutality of which our mind cannot even grasp the result.

I mean, you think, today much of wars are fought with unmanned aerial aircraft (weaponized drones) with operators manning them 7000 miles away from the battlefield inside shipping containers in Nevada. It's too much like a video game.

But the battle of Alesia was amazing less for its militaristic slaughtering and instead the mental acuity from Gaius Julius Cesar. Basically it was a Ramsey Bolton-esque "starve them out" style siege. (I know the actual skirmishes took place too)

The booby traps and walls and trenches and shit was in genius. But it was the off-the-cuff traps that were the worst. Like these two traps that were named gravestone and lilies.

Gravestones: Filed down trees limbs that had been whittled so as to give them a razor sharp edge at the top while the base of the branches were buried at the bottom of a 5 foot deep trench. Fall min the pit and instantly they mimpale themselves. Nice death. Lol

Lilies: A flower resembling funnel-shaped group of holes positioned in sequences of five whereupon the depths of them held a robust stump sunk deep in the muck. The tips had been sharpened to form a wooden spear. Camouflaged with twigs and brush to hide the three ft. hole. Ghoulish shit lol

You ever HBOs ROME JG? Thought it was awesome! You might also listen to Dan Carlin who has a podcast that breaks down these massive wars. He tells many of the best bqattles and crazy times in history in big 3 to 5 hour long chunks often spanning three episodes. It's called Hardcore History.

Last edited:
Back