PFL’s recent moves

ZafroTexas

Sideburns Sodamizer
@Green
Reaction score
What do y’all think about the re-branding, playoff format, and recent signings?

I’ll def watch. This is very similar to what Bellator was back in the day. I miss the pure sporting aspect of that Bellator. Hopefully PFL can recapture some of that once illustrious charm.

The fighter centered approach might work out, could possibly see some big names jumping over. I like more competition is a good thing .

I’ll def watch. This is very similar to what Bellator was back in the day. I miss the pure sporting aspect of that Bellator. Hopefully PFL can recapture some of that once illustrious charm.
It's also a great litmus test to gauge who the good new fighters are. When you just hand pick fighters and fights, there is no real valid way of establishing who the best of the best really is.

I’m stoked about it. Don’t know about their little uniforms but as stoked for their season/tournaments as anything else in MMA. A lot of quality talent there and the cards are stacked with good matchups.

Hopefully they start to promote/produce better than The WSOF era and hopefully they are independently ambitious and not some shadow feeder for UFC posing as a competitor(like WSOF)....Otherwise I won’t raise awareness for them like I do other alternatives.

I wonder if the bonuses will be better than boost mobile phones

Below is the first two cards.

So apparently
- 12 fighters in each division.
- Each fighter will fight twice between June-August
- Best 8 advance to playoffs.

I like it. I'm still wondering some things like how tiebreakers are dealt with and how the matchmaking gets decided. But it's good.

PFL Cards.png

Last edited:
Looks promising, I hope this promotion succeed and become UFC and Bellator's rival.

Competition brings out the best in each promotion.

The fighter centered approach might work out, could possibly see some big names jumping over. I like more competition is a good thing .
I do like how PFL is staring out with smaller names. Jake Shields and Will Brooks are the biggest names on that roster, I believe.

Bellator was just doing okay, and then Rampage and Tito signed on. The amount of attention Bellator got from just signing them was pretty massive at the time.

The PFL just needs their own Rampage to really put them out there.

the commentary team and reporters are a big turn off, but I plan to tune in to the first couple shows at least. the MMA scene needs a new promotion right now.

it's a great format, but usually tournaments are full of injuries, let's hope this one goes smoothly

it's a great format, but usually tournaments are full of injuries, let's hope this one goes smoothly
Yeah they're expecting 24 of its fighters to compete 4 times between June and October, so it's kind of unreasonable to assume it will all go straight forward.

They better have a system in play for alternates in case of injuries. Got to hope for the best though.

Last edited:
I like that someone is trying something different. They seem to be offering quite a carrot for fighters to compete for but expecting a lot out of them if I understand what there doing in short amount of time.

I highly doubt they have any chance of making money and that isn't good for any business.

Not a fan of PFL at all

I like free MMA plus there are some good talented fighters on the roster with many possible interesting match-ups. I have no faith that even one tourney winner will get a million dollars let alone every division but am hoping to be proven wrong.

I’m stoked about it. Don’t know about their little uniforms but as stoked for their season/tournaments as anything else in MMA. A lot of quality talent there and the cards are stacked with good matchups.

Hopefully they start to promote/produce better than The WSOF era and hopefully they are independently ambitious and not some shadow feeder for UFC posing as a competitor(like WSOF)....Otherwise I won’t raise awareness for them like I do other alternatives.
you're shitting, they have uniforms? I missed that

Otherwise I cannot wait to watch it. Haven't been this excited for non UFC MMA since pre Viacom Bellator days

The promotion will probably crash and burn but while it lasts it looks like it will be giving us some amazing cards.

Back