Petrosyan vs Nonthanan Por. Pramuk

nino

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Does anybody have witnissed this fight or have the video of it?

There is no video of it. Bunches of muay thai stars witnessed it though...Samart, Kaoponlek, Somrak etc. it is a fight with big side bet.
According to the journalist who was there ring side, most people lost money because they all bet on Petrosyan but Nonthanun ended up dominating the fight with teeps.

I thought i had seen it but maybe i was thinking of Petrosyan vs Pinchinchai

Giorgio said he was poisoned for this fight didn't he? The fact that the fight had a large side bet on it gives his claim a bit more credence. Then again fighters make excuses all the time so you never know....

Giorgio said he was poisoned for this fight didn't he? The fact that the fight had a large side bet on it gives his claim a bit more credence. Then again fighters make excuses all the time so you never know....

to cut it really really short giorgio wasn't poisoned...he did drink large amount of water because he was 2 kg lighter....the water was prob the same thais used but had no effect on them...he ended up with a bad case of poops....the symptoms he described are in line with "drinking bad water" not poison.

giorgio no need to tell who he is but he can't possibly admit defeat...i understand his broken hand with ristie but the other few times he really reaches the stars not to admit he simply lost.

Giorgio seems like the sore loser type. Saying he got poisoned in the Nonthanan fight. Complaining after the Buakaw fight was a scored a draw when Buakaw should of won. Talking about his hand after getting KO'ed by Ristie then taking like 14 months off. You can see that he really fears losing and that's one of the reasons why I feel he's ducking sittichai and superbon. He didn't want no part of kunlun either. I'm sure he could of made a fight with superbon instead of yodwicha if his team really wanted to.

Giorgio seems like the sore loser type. Saying he got poisoned in the Nonthanan fight. Complaining after the Buakaw fight was a scored a draw when Buakaw should of won. Talking about his hand after getting KO'ed by Ristie then taking like 14 months off. You can see that he really fears losing and that's one of the reasons why I feel he's ducking sittichai and superbon. He didn't want no part of kunlun either. I'm sure he could of made a fight with superbon instead of yodwicha if his team really wanted to.
I think someone here said Petrosyan felt aleviated after losing to Ristie becuase there was less pressure on him or something

@oyvindt ?

I was at the fight, from what I remember there was a buzz about Petrosyan before the fight and I was interested to see him, but he looked flat and Nonthanan had a fairly easy night of it.

Giorgio drank contaminated water (voluntarily or not) before the match, he felt bad and after the match he was hospitalized for a few days

I think someone here said Petrosyan felt aleviated after losing to Ristie becuase there was less pressure on him or something

@oyvindt ?

there was an entire thread not that long ago about this...i translated some interviews and stuff from his bio...not sure i heard about being "relieved" but after that fight his priorities changed also because 6 surgeries on one hand and one on the other are a bit too much for anyone...at the same time he couldn't deal with the pressure anymore....no more tournaments or crazy efforts for him.

Giorgio drank contaminated water (voluntarily or not) before the match, he felt bad and after the match he was hospitalized for a few days
Where did you hear about being hospitalized for a few days?

Direct quote from Petro:

"So they gave me two litres of water which I drank and after that I started to get stomach cramps and I had to go to the toilet a lot. It made me very dehydrated and I felt very ill. I was not so good. But I had to fight and of course I lost, it was the only loss in my career. And right afterwards my opponent retired, so no rematch. I was not happy at all."

from an old interview of his trainer Alfio Romanut:

:-Tanti sperano in un rematch di Giorgio con Zambidis...ti piacerebbe?
Sì, come no. Con Giorgio al 100%. Come desidererei un match di rivincita contro Buakaw e anche con Nothanon Por Pramuk che vinse contro Giorgio in Thailandia.

Anche questo episodio è sempre preso come esempio per “eh, in Thailandia Giorgio ha perso”...
Vogliamo dire come ha perso?

Vogliamo dirlo, e con le tue parole, che altrimenti sembrano sempre voci riportate o mezze leggende.
Da quell'episodio io ho perso tutta la stima che avevo nei thailandesi: perchè rischiare la salute di un ragazzo di 21 anni, per un blocco renale, dandogli da bere chissà cosa?

Fu così grave?
Era praticamente “morto”, lui per 3-4 giorni non riusciva nemmeno a parlare da quanto stava male: era fermo, distrutto a letto,in opedale, orinava bianco.
Non riesco a capire come della gente possa arrivare a questo punto per una gara sportiva.

Quindi la Thailandia ormai è diventata solo un luogo di vacanza o al limite di allenamento in qualche camp?
No, no. Solo vacanza, basta. I thailandesi si sono comportati male, molto male ed io me la sono legata al dito.

Basically his saying that Giorgio had been "dead" in a hospital bed without speaking for 3-4 days,and during this period his pee was white...he had a renal failure...

from an old interview of his trainer Alfio Romanut:

:-Tanti sperano in un rematch di Giorgio con Zambidis...ti piacerebbe?
Sì, come no. Con Giorgio al 100%. Come desidererei un match di rivincita contro Buakaw e anche con Nothanon Por Pramuk che vinse contro Giorgio in Thailandia.

Anche questo episodio è sempre preso come esempio per “eh, in Thailandia Giorgio ha perso”...
Vogliamo dire come ha perso?

Vogliamo dirlo, e con le tue parole, che altrimenti sembrano sempre voci riportate o mezze leggende.
Da quell'episodio io ho perso tutta la stima che avevo nei thailandesi: perchè rischiare la salute di un ragazzo di 21 anni, per un blocco renale, dandogli da bere chissà cosa?

Fu così grave?
Era praticamente “morto”, lui per 3-4 giorni non riusciva nemmeno a parlare da quanto stava male: era fermo, distrutto a letto,in opedale, orinava bianco.
Non riesco a capire come della gente possa arrivare a questo punto per una gara sportiva.

Quindi la Thailandia ormai è diventata solo un luogo di vacanza o al limite di allenamento in qualche camp?
No, no. Solo vacanza, basta. I thailandesi si sono comportati male, molto male ed io me la sono legata al dito.

Basically his saying that Giorgio had been "dead" in a hospital bed without speaking for 3-4 days,and during this period his pee was white...he had a renal failure...

it doesn't really say he was at the hospital for 3-4 days....he was taken to a hospital at a certain point and felt sick for days...my friends drank shit water in cairo and had it worse. the white,milky pee is not poison...is urinary infection that can lead, if untreated; to renal failure.
bacteria can cause that overnight,also there's no medical record that proves it was poison....toxicology exams existed in thailand 10 years ago.

I love alfio and giorgio but sorry many of their considerations are stereotypical of asian culture in general (for example thailand good =food and whores;thailand bad = corrupted muay thai) and simply moronic.

Buakaw was robbed in 2012 in Italy but you don't hear him or his manager talking shit of an entire nation just because.....and as italians we are the last ppl who should talk about corruption.

Completely off topic but since we're talking old muay thai fights, I read this claim on another site, did this really happen like that? at Lumpinee?

" (...) Lumpinee where Bennie the Jet was fighting and he did a Judo throw and knocked Thai dude out. Painful to watch."

I kinda doubt this is accurate but have to run through you experts before going off like a smartass.

it doesn't really say he was at the hospital for 3-4 days....he was taken to a hospital at a certain point and felt sick for days...my friends drank shit water in cairo and had it worse. the white,milky pee is not poison...is urinary infection that can lead, if untreated; to renal failure.
bacteria can cause that overnight,also there's no medical record that proves it was poison....toxicology exams existed in thailand 10 years ago.

I love alfio and giorgio but sorry many of their considerations are stereotypical of asian culture in general (for example thailand good =food and whores;thailand bad = corrupted muay thai) and simply moronic.

Buakaw was robbed in 2012 in Italy but you don't hear him or his manager talking shit of an entire nation just because.....and as italians we are the last ppl who should talk about corruption.
Buakaw robbed against who?

It seemed like petro also had trouble with clinch and his inside game was his weakness

I was at the fight, from what I remember there was a buzz about Petrosyan before the fight and I was interested to see him, but he looked flat and Nonthanan had a fairly easy night of it.
Hey, can you tell me more about it?

Back