Petrosyan v Yodwicha | Page 3

Discussion in 'Muay Thai and Kickboxing' started by II Muchetto II, Jun 4, 2017.

1. Snubnoze707 High Level

Snubnoze707
    Why are you so concerned about his management? We're judging Petro here, not the integrity of money hungry managers...

2. oyvindt Purple Belt

oyvindt
    because it reflects badly on him and ppl notice. there's a shift in opinions lately because of this. if petro loses now after they pimp him so much with unrealistic expactations it's gonna be way worse than a normal loss and that's unfair for someone like him who truly is humble and low profile,but yeah i sleep good at night even if his management is shady af.

3. oyvindt Purple Belt

oyvindt
    no problem with petro nor yod getting his shot,i'm just anticipating the way petro's management and fans will react both if he wins and if he loses,and it won't be good.

that said i hope yod wins to bring some buzz for a minute...kb scene stinks here!

4. Julius_Caesar Brown Belt

Julius_Caesar
    Yodwicha had a dominant stadium run mainly based off clinching just like Petboonchu. As you already know that style doesn't always transition into kb well so its not just about him being a kickboxing noob. Its more about his style. I think everyone agrees this is a good fight but this is a forum and this is what people do in forums.

5. DastardlyMass Brown Belt

DastardlyMass
    These guys do not have exclusive contracts with kunlun. They can fight anywhere they want to as long as it is not in china. Also i doubt enfusion is going thru kunlun to get buakaw and superbon as they would be paying more than they need to considering those 3 are said to be paid a premium over the average kunlun contract. Enfusion i can guarantee is not going to pay buakaw anywhere close to what kunlun does. Plus if anything enfusion would use robbie timmers as the go between considering he is friends with buakaw and runs super pro samui for the owner of enfusion.

lol! if someone like sittchai or really any other top fighter fought some tkd,karate, or other striking discipline champion with 1 kickboxing fight they would get ridiculed for facing a bum and padding their recored. Petro does it multiple times in his career and somehow gets applauded.

6. Snubnoze707 High Level

Snubnoze707
    Maybe to you, managers are there to zap as much money and build as much hype as possible. That's all to be expected. Regardless, Petro built his own hype by going on the most dominant winning streak in 70kg history.

7. Enriko davidson Banned

Enriko davidson
    Didn't sittichai publicly call out petro on several occasions? Im sure petro had plenty of opportunities to fight sittichai. I dont think he likes fighting southpaws.

8. oyvindt Purple Belt

oyvindt
    not sure why it's a problem if i'm interested in the "behind the scene" context of a fighter or how he is managed...just because you don't care you assume it's only me?

9. Snubnoze707 High Level

Snubnoze707
    Nothing wrong with looking behind the scenes but being critical of a fighter because of his managements actions is a bit silly IMO.

10. Kanka Brown Belt

Kanka
    I think it's a good thing that it gets adressed though? You don't have to agree with him.

UWanaPlayDaGame likes this.
  11. Snubnoze707 High Level

Snubnoze707
    I'm not even disagreeing with him, I've just noticed everytime Petro is brought up he smears him based on his managers doingstuff that managers are supposed to do.

Why wouldn't a manager claim his fighter is the best? Especially with the resume if Petrosyan...

12. tru3f4n Black Belt

tru3f4n
    pretty much yeah hinding in Italy fighting them with special rules to handicap them

13. oyvindt Purple Belt

oyvindt
    that's not true...i've defended petro plenty of times,and couldn't argue enough why he's doing the right thing also because of the psychological toll fighting at that level, took on him by his own admission,which is something that sometimes gets dismissed here along with my opinion on that matter.

his manager can claim he's the best,he's probably still the best for real..so i don't get why he has to reach so hard to the point of being embarrassing and offensive to other promotions and fighters,who happen to always be thai or chinese..

14. Snubnoze707 High Level

Snubnoze707
    Fair enough.

oyvindt likes this.
  15. Cocakillbana Black Belt

Cocakillbana
    Fuckin' whoop-de-doo! Has he won with a spinning venom heel kick, or whatever the fuck?

If Yodwicha's wiki is accurate, he actually beat those guys at 16 and beat Saenchai just after turning 17.

This part of the combat sports pie takes place in a parallel universe. The accomplished can go fuck themselves. Weird.

16. Kanka Brown Belt

Kanka
    Btw, have you ever seen him getting knocked down? Seems like he has a solid chin

17. Cocakillbana Black Belt

Cocakillbana
    Yeah, he's the type to acknowledge something with a nod and just march forward. I can't recall a time where he was hurt.

18. Kanka Brown Belt

Kanka
    Is this fight still on?

19. oyvindt Purple Belt

oyvindt
    didn't hear this was cancelled so yes? lol forgot about this.

20. Julius_Caesar Brown Belt

Julius_Caesar
    Yodwicha by spinning back fist KO