Petrosyan v Yodwicha

Discussion in 'Muay Thai and Kickboxing' started by II Muchetto II, Jun 4, 2017.

1. II Muchetto II Orange Belt

II Muchetto II
    For the bellator tittle, confirmed for december.

I know bellator kb dorsnt get much love but what do you think of this match up and who do you think takes it?

2. Kanka Brown Belt

Kanka
    Nice!

3. UWanaPlayDaGame Purple Belt

UWanaPlayDaGame
  4. Cocakillbana Black Belt

Cocakillbana
    Petrosyan takes home the robbery win

thedelicatesoul likes this.
  5. tru3f4n Brown Belt

tru3f4n
    What bs rules is Petro gonna come up with for this fight to take place?

6. II Muchetto II Orange Belt

II Muchetto II
  7. andyjeezy Brown Belt

andyjeezy
    The Best Place in the World Sunny Southern Califor
    Hells yeah great fight right there. Yodwicha fighting Dzanis Zuev next week and now Kickboxing "Goat" Petrosyan. Yodwicha about to be internationally known after this win.

8. Julius_Caesar Brown Belt

Julius_Caesar
    Great fight. Yodwicha is now in that 70kg mix. The talent pool in that weight class keeps growing. Win or lose this will be a good fight for Yodwicha and he will learn a lot. My guess is they will say Yodwicha is the best Thai in his weight class without differentiating between kb and muaythai. There's always a chance of a robbery but I think if Petro wins it will be a genuine win based off Yodwicha being green under those rules.

Its interesting they picked Yodwicha who has only had 1 kb fight over superbon, sittichai and yod. Its like Petros team wanted to pick a Thai to prove a point but one he has an advantage over. Either way im not complaining. Kem has fought a better version of Petro than the one Yodwicha will face so I'm sure he will get him ready.

AbeRudder and oyvindt like this.
  9. Yodsanan มวยไทย

Yodsanan
    I thought this one of those hypothetical Julius Ceasar threads and was ready to flame away.

Kanka, Snubnoze707 and AbeRudder like this.
  10. Shadess Brown Belt

Shadess
    Or perhaps, and this is just a thought, none of those 3 are available for Bellator?

Snubnoze707 likes this.
  11. Mafanofe Brown Belt

Mafanofe
    wow it looks good and come out of nowhere

UWanaPlayDaGame likes this.
  12. DastardlyMass Brown Belt

DastardlyMass
    or perhaps superbon and yod could but probably not sittichai since he is glory champion.

Seriously thou i like this fight but petrosyans management sure does like bringing over thais with very little kickboxing experience to fight him in italy. They did it with kem and sudsakorn on shows his management put on if I'm remembering right

13. Shadess Brown Belt

Shadess
    I'd still say none of those 3 are very likely available for any other "top" promotions, which BellaKB isn't really yet anyways but they have the name via MMA so some people look at them sorta as one. Yod or Superbon probably aren't fighting much outside Kunlun other than the Enfusion one offs.

Damn Petro's managemeng for ignoring all those other high level, available, experienced in kickboxing 70kg Thais.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
    UWanaPlayDaGame and Snubnoze707 like this.
  14. DastardlyMass Brown Belt

DastardlyMass
    yes they surely could not fight for bellator with 6 months notice. They can fight on debuting chinese promotions no one has heard from since like that event with yod or somehow both sign with enfusion who clearly is not spending what bellator is.

Also god forbid you match up the man you represent and claim as the number 1 fighter in the sport against someone who is familiar with the rules and proven themselves worthy. I guess that is asking way too much to try and get him to fight someone in the top 10 while his management still claims he is the best.

UWanaPlayDaGame likes this.
  15. AbeRudder Green Belt

AbeRudder
    It's a good fight but it's such a typical move for giorgio to make. Hometown fight against an orthodox thai with limited kickboxing experience. Is it merely a coincidence that giorgio pretty much only fights orthodox fighters? The only southpaw I can remember him fighting in recent memory is Enriko and Petro didn't exactly blow the house down in that fight. Then again I guess you could say the same for a lot of kickboxers....

On the flip side Yodwicha is getting a pretty solid push in kickboxing, he looked good in the Zhao Yan fight but he wasn't amazing either.

16. Snubnoze707 High Level

Snubnoze707
    Sherdog gonna Sherdog. Buncha salty muthafuckas...

I like this fight a lot.

Bluesbreaker and SuperLuigi like this.
  17. Cocakillbana Black Belt

Cocakillbana
    Would be funny if Yodwicha wins. In two years he would go from a guy many viewed as being just a boring clincher with no "striking" talent, to beating the best kickboxer in history.

Yodwicha can win if he fights walking forward from the start. This motherfucker has a great talent for draining fighters in a matter of minutes when he fights that way and that will be new for Petrosyan.

SuperLuigi likes this.
  18. AbeRudder Green Belt

AbeRudder
    Glory technically has the same clinch rules don't they? If Yodwicha tries to clinch him I think he's gonna get the Glory treatment.

19. Cocakillbana Black Belt

Cocakillbana
    He's good at getting in a hard, single knee before doing too much clinching.

20. Kanka Brown Belt

Kanka
    How many rounds? In a 3 round fight i'd slighly favor Petrodyan. If it's a 5 round fight i think Yodwicha can make Petrosyan look very bad or maybe even finish him, with Petrosyan probably taking some close early rounds. Yodwicha might be inexperienced in kickboxing but he is still in his prime, petrosyan is not.

It's a great fight on paper with one of the best kickboxers ever vs one of the most accomplished and most dominant nak muay in recent years. Let's hope the referee and judges won't fuck this up.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2017