Petition for Science and Philosophy Subforum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Locking and wastelanding any thread mentioning science, philosophy, ethics, or religion is just piss poor management. Keep in mind, most of these threads are current event news threads. Does it really seem acceptable to be locking those threads while allowing a thread on fwapping or illegal drug use to remain? Is this really the best the mods can do?

Here are the top five threads in OT right now:
Fwap Question
Any Felons Here in the OT?
What is your favorite E?
How many drugs have you tried?
Huge NBA Trade

And here are five very recently locked and wastelanded threads:
Ask a Vegetarian...
15 Misconceptions About Evolution
Stanley Miller does it again
Gene Studies Confirm 'Out of Africa' Theories
Some intelligent and informative Christian books

Another interesting science thread to add to your list:
Brown University Researchers rearranges some branches on animal tree of life
http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?t=744138

Meanwhile,
Mosquitoes Bite my Dick!! is going strong
http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?t=583068

Where do I sign up? I was completely fine with posting in the wasteland but even then, the threads were getting locked.

I add my name to the list for a sub-forum.

I'm signing that it's a good idea but I'm not sure if Sherdog is the place I wan't to discuss the matters.

Awesome Idea, and we should have a section for this.

Good call.

Are we any nearer to getting this up and running? I have another thread recently get canned and locked before we could take it to its conclusion.

Why does it take this long?
Just add it as a subforum in the mayberry. It's not like it's difficult to do or require additional ressources

Why does it take this long?
Just add it as a subforum in the mayberry. It's not like it's difficult to do or require additional ressources
I think they're hesitant to do it cause it will probably end up being a giant ban trap.

SIGNED.

I also would push for high restrictions on insults, personal attacks, profanity and other such counter-productive behavior.

We should be able to discuss such matters in a civil and friendly manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back