Pesticides Linked to Bee Death Allowed in US Wildlife Refuges

ViciousCarefulAlaskanmalamute-size_restricted.gif

Just sayin'. Saying Palis belongs anywhere is an insult to that place.

I didn't believe Kobe was the GOAT, and you've been paying that bill for a while, now. You're also not looking so bright on the Russian thing.

I bet you read this...
The Bee Apocalypse Was Never Real; Here's Why
...and decided you wanted to believe only its conclusions.

I actually know beekeepers. I was comforted by headlines like this last year:
Honeybees Ravaged by 'Colony Collapse Disorder' Are Making a Huge Comeback
But if you actually read these reports:

Also from last year:
Largest-ever study of controversial pesticides finds harm to bees
Scientists say the industry-funded work confirms that neonicotinoids are harmful, but manufacturers question its conclusions.

Can't deny that link anymore. Anything about that familiar? You recall how the corporations resisted these early warning signs with nicotine itself? Of course it doesn't cause cancer, they said.

The CCD mystery has been the harbinger of the greater problem; scientists already had attributed this to a conflation of insecticides and fungicides negatively affecting hive health as far back as 2013, and how that left the hive weakened and vulnerable to other adversities. 90% of wild honeybees/pollinators dying is an indication of a major threat to the long-term stability of our own hives. It is hurting the health of the whole ecosystem. These aren't farmed fish. They depend on the environment wherever they are kept. We're putting these insecticides in the water itself.

Just breeding more bees doesn't address the root problem. I can see that you don't care about the environment, so just evaluate it from the point of the potential thread to profits/loss:

After all, if some pesticide we used on grass that we feed to cattle polluted the ecosystem and ravaged 90% of the wild bovine or wild horse populations around the globe...I think you might be a bit more alarmed. Just breeding more domestic cows to stay ahead of replacement is like adding more logs to the top of your Jenga castle without addressing the major gap in its foundation, and is definitely not a stable long-term solution to moving upward.
Yup I get it, I read them and I do not beelieve their conclusions.

I think what you want to look up is how comprehensive these studies truly are. Good luck, I expect you will not come back with a answer with more irrelevant links.

Last edited:
Bee populations have gone through highs and lows for millions of years, why should I believe this one is man made just because some scientists say so?

This concerns me way more than climate change. If we lose bees and other pollinators, we are royally fucked, as in could be the end, fucked. Profit should never trump(pun intended) the sustainability of the planet, and I am not some eco-warrior, I just m is my shit when it comes to apidae(bees).

Bee populations have gone through highs and lows for millions of years, why should I believe this one is man made just because some scientists say so?

I agree. It is probably the same “scientists” who blame the dramatic reduction in American Buffalo herds and the 99% reduction in Blue Whales over the last 200 years on human hunting. It is absurd to think that humans could have any significant effect on the environment.

Why are they allowing crops to be grown on Wildlife Refuges in the first place?

Back