Pesadelo in Dallas

jr jr

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Anyone training there? I found an old thread where people seem to think he is a pretty good guy. I will be going to a conference within a few blocks of there in the spring and may drop in. Middle aged purple belt to get an idea of who I am.

I think his gym is now closed (he made a facebook post awhile back). He's a GREAT guy who's got awesome Jiu Jitsu. Where are you going to be staying and what dates? I know of a few other gyms in/near downtown that may be a good fit as well.

It's not closed. Stephen hall is a legit guy. My own instructor goes and rolls with that him all the time. He has nothing but good things to say about him. I personally never rolled there but have an open invite to go. I was shown a picture of an open mat and it was about 8 black belts there. I would say if you are interested I would go.

I will be staying at the Hilton Anatole. I am rally not sure if I will have a rental car or just use a taxi/uber at this point. Dates for my flights are not set yet but you can never plan too early if you want some extra time for a drop in someplace. I need to be there the 26 & 27th of April.

I will be staying at the Hilton Anatole. I am rally not sure if I will have a rental car or just use a taxi/uber at this point. Dates for my flights are not set yet but you can never plan too early if you want some extra time for a drop in someplace. I need to be there the 26 & 27th of April.
That's the week of the San Antonio open so some guys may be headed down that way. PM/email me ([email protected]) when you get solid dates and I'll help you find a gym. The Anatole is not TOO far from some other options but I still hold that Pesadelo is currently closed.

It's not closed. Stephen hall is a legit guy. My own instructor goes and rolls with that him all the time. He has nothing but good things to say about him. I personally never rolled there but have an open invite to go. I was shown a picture of an open mat and it was about 8 black belts there. I would say if you are interested I would go.

This is from his Facebook Dec 9th.

Pesadelo Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
7Td3KbnQNdd.png
feeling heartbroken.

December 9, 2015 · Irving, Panama ·
To all my mentors, instructors, teammates, students, and friends, it is with great sadness that I have to let you all know that as of yesterday Pesadelo Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is closed. It was just not possible to keep the doors open with things as they were. Many have gone above and beyond to assist in keeping the doors open and I am grateful to you all. It is heartbreaking as I truly thought I would be able to keep the school afloat and believed it to be my calling to help people through the gentle art. To my students I will be working on finding at least a temporary training solution for all of you and update you very soon. Thank you to all who have lent prayers,good will, time, money, words of advice, and encouragement to the school, my students, and myself. May God bless and keep you all.

Thanks. I have been up with Carlos before but that was several years ago and from what I have read the last few years there have been sketchy.

Back