Persona 5

If only the judgement confidant was an option...

I'm only starting the second palace but I'm loving the themes and designs in this game. Just wish I had more freedom with my time. The entire week of exams was skipped and days following it make you skip valuable time right away. I finally regained control of my time since I got the mission to steal the treasure in the second palace. Having a hard time deciding whether I should focus on upgrading my skills or leveling up confidants. I do the Death confidant whenever she's available, and I want to at least level up Hiero to level 4 so I can make the curry which restores SP to everyone. Then there's the Mementos which I finally unlocked, but if I go there I pretty waste an entire night. So hard deciding what to do. I want to have evenings free to finish up my DVDs because the last two times I was charged late fees since I had no control over my time and wound up going past the return date.

My advice - Death (as you know), Sun, Temperance and Moon arcana are great.

Sun gives you the ability to ask for more money (and do it multiple times) during negotiations and levels up charm as you rank up. (I think you can miss him)

Temperance will occasionally give you the ability to slack off during classes, where you can study (knowledge) read a book, or make lockpicks for palaces. Eventually you can spend money to get the temperance confidant to do laundry (doesnt waste your time) and #1 give you massages which allow you to do things after palaces/mementos instead of wasting an evening. You'll get a prompt after the second dungeon by Ryuji to unlock this one.

The Moon confidant gives your backup team more exp per battle and more experience for your team overall.

For Mementos you should wait until you have 4 or 5 requests and bang em out all at once. Weather affects the place so if you go in when it's raining the mobs will be stronger, more treasure and treasure demons, etc.

As for stats you need all of em eventually. Knowledge level 3 is required for the Priestess Arcana, one of your better party members, Death requires level. . 3 or 4 charm eventually, Ann - kindness, Guts for The Hanged Confidant. Dont think you can max em all out in one go even if you make perfect use of your time, so just find the party members you like and raise their social links, and do the best you can with the others.

Also, tip if you dont know since I didnt find this out until a bit in. Rain affects studying, gives you a +1 bonus for +3 total, and always study at the diner or leblanc, don't bother with the Library.

She comes in pretty late but she's an interesting character

She's a favorite for the basement dwelling autists on 4chan lol

Imo priestess and temperance are best girls

The characters in the game keep commenting that Ann is the hottest but her storyline is boring imo

Yeah Priestess is the front runner for me right now, still early July though.

My advice - Death (as you know), Sun, Temperance and Moon arcana are great.

Sun gives you the ability to ask for more money (and do it multiple times) during negotiations and levels up charm as you rank up. (I think you can miss him)

Temperance will occasionally give you the ability to slack off during classes, where you can study (knowledge) read a book, or make lockpicks for palaces. Eventually you can spend money to get the temperance confidant to do laundry (doesnt waste your time) and #1 give you massages which allow you to do things after palaces/mementos instead of wasting an evening. You'll get a prompt after the second dungeon by Ryuji to unlock this one.

The Moon confidant gives your backup team more exp per battle and more experience for your team overall.

For Mementos you should wait until you have 4 or 5 requests and bang em out all at once. Weather affects the place so if you go in when it's raining the mobs will be stronger, more treasure and treasure demons, etc.

As for stats you need all of em eventually. Knowledge level 3 is required for the Priestess Arcana, one of your better party members, Death requires level. . 3 or 4 charm eventually, Ann - kindness, Guts for The Hanged Confidant. Dont think you can max em all out in one go even if you make perfect use of your time, so just find the party members you like and raise their social links, and do the best you can with the others.

Also, tip if you dont know since I didnt find this out until a bit in. Rain affects studying, gives you a +1 bonus for +3 total, and always study at the diner or leblanc, don't bother with the Library.

I didn't realize that further improving the sun one makes grinding money harder. You get "fundraising" which sometimes gives you an option to ask for even more money, but it ends the battle and doesn't let you ask repeatedly . You also get the same thing for item (big chance of rare item) but doesn't let you repeat

The problem is if it gives you the option for either one, they both won't repeat. So if you see the option for the big item request you can still only ask for money once

Only like 10% of the time can I ask for money more than once now

I didn't realize that further improving the sun one makes grinding money harder. You get "fundraising" which sometimes gives you an option to ask for even more money, but it ends the battle and doesn't let you ask repeatedly . You also get the same thing for item (big chance of rare item) but doesn't let you repeat

The problem is if it gives you the option for either one, they both won't repeat. So if you see the option for the big item request you can still only ask for money once

Only like 10% of the time can I ask for money more than once now

Oo, what rank is that? I'll avoid ranking it up on my first playthrough. Thanks for thr tip

I paid cash to make trumpeter above my level and it's my best persona so far. It fuses 4 personas so I gave them certain skills to inherit. My trumpeter has group heavy damage for 7 different damage types (I think the gun is light damage but whatever) and no weaknesses and absorbs/repels/nullifies 3 damage types

I'm waiting for a great skill card for a support skill to replace abysmal surge

pEy8nQO.jpg

I'm level 29 and using a. . . Shiki-Ouji (sp?) For the Null Physical/Gun, (so many Oni's recently lol). Was keeping a bunch of scrubs around for Social Links, but need to get my fusion on.

4 Persona fusion unlocks through Igor or the twins?

I'm level 29 and using a. . . Shiki-Ouji (sp?) For the Null Physical/Gun, (so many Oni's recently lol). Was keeping a bunch of scrubs around for Social Links, but need to get my fusion on.

4 Persona fusion unlocks through Igor or the twins?

shiki-ouji is the best for a while

yeah, you need to upgrade the twins

Secured my infiltration route in the 2nd Palace and sent the calling card. Got Death to rank 7 and had enough for one Rank 3 SP Adhesive getting and getting ready to steal the treasure. Now that I have the SP Adhesive, I'm going to spend some a little time grinding out some Cash/EXP. I fused a Strength Persona that has a gun ability so I should have most of my damage types covered so I don't have to waste bullets and can regen SP.

These Persona games are so interesting to me in what grabs my attention. Normally in turn based JRPG's I love the battle grind and making my characters stronger. I like that aspect in Persona, but I'm more interested in after school activities, building social ranks, and balancing skills upgrades.

I'm on the final day (12/24)... looks like it's going to be a grind.

Naoto's still the best detective prince.

Last edited:
Ive put A LOT of time into this game, just beat the 2nd palace, and there is still like 5 months left?!?! Luckily I absolutely love this game, but goddamn is it long lol

12/24 has two damn palaces... my save is at 110 hours and I'm still not done.

Finally unlocked the Temperance Confidant, and will definitely be going that route for the romance option. Before the game came out, looking at the options I thought I would be going with Hermit, but after Temperance showed up for her side job I was sold.

The Lovers Confidant seems to close to Rise from P4, but not as deep or interesting. Chie from P4 is still my favorite so far, still haven't met most of the P5 cast since I'm only in early June.

Well my first playthrough took just under 116 hours.

Oh... I should mention that your SP3's will follow you in to your NG+.

{<redford}

Edit: I doubt I'm going to betray best girl priestess in any of my future playthroughs... it's Naoto all over again.

im on 11/27 with 21 days to do the dungeon

i have all stats at five

i have all confidants maxed except
empress-6
emperor-8
star-9
^all ready for rank up

hermit 7
hanged man-7
^waiting for mementos requests

chariot 6
^intentionally avoided, but should probably do now if i want to max all

i think i can make all of them, but i may have fucked myself over by avoiding ryuji until now.

Finally unlocked the Temperance Confidant, and will definitely be going that route for the romance option. Before the game came out, looking at the options I thought I would be going with Hermit, but after Temperance showed up for her side job I was sold.

The Lovers Confidant seems to close to Rise from P4, but not as deep or interesting. Chie from P4 is still my favorite so far, still haven't met most of the P5 cast since I'm only in early June.

i was for her but im glad i didnt because

you can still have her maid costume to do your chores every night if you want, even if you dont romance her. so it seems like a waste if you can have her+another gf[/spoilers]

Back