Persona 5

Never played a Persona game but always wanted to. This game just looked unreal good when it was announced and now I have the Take Your Heart edition preordered. Can't wait to play some good ol' turn based JRPG on my PS4.
Same here.

Finally got my Amazon shipment this morning, just in time for the weekend. I am excite!!

Finally got my Amazon shipment this morning, just in time for the weekend. I am excite!!

Been working 12s all week so I haven't been able to play much of anything this week, and when I have it's been BotW. This weekend I'm dedicating to P5.

I can't say enough good things about how awesome the Take Your Heart edition is. So slick, stylish, beautiful. The artbook is incredible, the steel case for the game is awesome. Morgana plush is cute, and the school bag is nice enough. Most likely just going to use the bag to store extra games and controllers.

Looking forward to this weekend!

Been working 12s all week so I haven't been able to play much of anything this week, and when I have it's been BotW. This weekend I'm dedicating to P5.

I can't say enough good things about how awesome the Take Your Heart edition is. So slick, stylish, beautiful. The artbook is incredible, the steel case for the game is awesome. Morgana plush is cute, and the school bag is nice enough. Most likely just going to use the bag to store extra games and controllers.

Looking forward to this weekend!

Looking forward to hearing you thoughts on this game since you said it will be your first Persona. I loved 3-4 and I'm so hyped to get started on this tomorrow. Persona 3 and 4 both had fairly long intros before you had full control of the team and could really sink your teeth into it, so hoping to get through that tomorrow morning.

Looking forward to hearing you thoughts on this game since you said it will be your first Persona. I loved 3-4 and I'm so hyped to get started on this tomorrow. Persona 3 and 4 both had fairly long intros before you had full control of the team and could really sink your teeth into it, so hoping to get through that tomorrow morning.

Been wanting to play the other games in the series but I never owned a PSP or Vita. Was hoping Atlus would release a collection of them for PS4 but it hasn't happened yet. I heard a rumor that they were asking their fans if they'd be interested in them porting their games to the Switch not too long ago.

Any chance I get I'd buy the other Persona games in a heartbeat. I've seen enough videos and read enough reviews to know the series is right up my alley.

Loading up now in preps for morning play time. Only got the standard edition since I wasn't after any bells and whistles, but I was pleasently surprised when I saw my copy came with the controller skin.

A few hours in this morning and cleared the intro story stuff to gain full control of my actions. After coming off of Horizon and Zelda the controls feel a bit lose, but it's not necessry to have tight controls in this type of JRPG it's just taking me a minute to get used to.

I haven't used my Vita for Remote Play in quite some time since it lacks proper buttons, but an RPG like this is perfect for Remote Play since it's just a bunch of menu selection and doesn't need precise timing.

About 6 hours in or so on 4/20 and saved inside Kamishido Castle. I was hoping to get through the Castle in the first go, I would guess I'm half way through but I'm getting really low on SP and Bullets. I don't want to waste the day and come up empty handed for the treasure so I think I'm going to start avoiding enemies instead of fighting everything I see. I have a few levels under my belt, but I'm starting to hit groups of enemies that even when I ambush them I still need to spend quite a few SP or Bullets to take them out without taking to much damage.

Just finished up the 2nd dungeon after playing nearly all day today. That..went smoother than I thought. But holy shit, 25+ hours in, just now beating the second dungeon, I can tell that this is going to be longer than P4.

I used my only Soma 40 hours in by mistake. Not saving during this grind in Palace 3 has come back to bite me.

This game is just so stylish, the end of battles, the menus, everything.

Still in the first palace, trying the game on hard as P4 was pretty easy on normal, we'll see how it goes.

I'm loving the hold up ability in battles.

I used my only Soma 40 hours in by mistake. Not saving during this grind in Palace 3 has come back to bite me.

I'm trying to minimize grinding in my run so I can maximize time spent on other activities. Normally in an RPG I have 1 save file and 1(maybe 2) back ups. For this run in P5 I have like back up 6 save files depending on how things are going.

I'm nearing the end of the first castle and abandoned the run. I didn't upgrade any weapons going in, and towards the end I'm almost out of SP and bullets. Went back to the save at the hideout before I went into Palace and bought as many upgraded weapons as I could. Really want to knock out the Palace in a single afternoon.

It only knocked me back an hour or so, hope you don't lose to much progress back tracking.

Managed to fuck up Kamashida's castle by spending a day making lockpicks not realising it was the last day. I'd got all the way to final fight, done all the preparations, then after making the lock picks I hit the go to sleep button without realizing what I was doing. Fuck's sake.

just finished the 4th dungeon, i have unlocked all the arcanas except hermit, tower and empress and now its time for the real question

who is best girl to date?

i dont want to spoil anything for anyone so i will only refer to them by arcanas

i really liked the temperance arcana, especially in her outfit when you meet her, but now i cant decide between priestess and lovers...

i have put way too many hours into my game, i usually leave my office around 6:30-7 when my last employee leaves, but since the game came out ive been leaving at like 4:30

i also have been turning down the girl ive been dating to stay home and play with animated girls lmao

Does choosing 1 close off options for others? Haven't read how it works in this one yet. I feel like in P3 you can choose "all", but in P4 once you hit a certain point in the Social Link, it closed those options off with the others.

also,
can you date the teacher? I see she is a Confidant, but don't know if she is a dating option. If she is, that's where I'm going letting me cut class when ever I want!

Does choosing 1 close off options for others? Haven't read how it works in this one yet. I feel like in P3 you can choose "all", but in P4 once you hit a certain point in the Social Link, it closed those options off with the others.

also,
can you date the teacher? I see she is a Confidant, but don't know if she is a dating option. If she is, that's where I'm going letting me cut class when ever I want!

you can date all of them but there is a penalty if you date more than one, i have a friend who played the japanese version who warned me. other warning is do NOT get ryuji to level 7, it makes grinding very painful, since you autokill on ambushes and dont get any money/items

penalty-
on valentines day they all find out and beat you up, then you lose the social link skills from them

in regards to your other question
yes she is, and shes a sexy maid throughout the whole thing. you dont get to cut class whenever you want but you can slack off during, it only gave me the option 3 times (gives you option to read or make infiltration tools) and im in august

she is one of the best confidants to get because she
1) lets you go out after dungeons/momentos
2) does laundry/makes infiltration tools/ makes coffee

so she actually frees up more nights than it takes to max her link

just a tip

HIGHEST PRIORITY LINKS: do these ASAP because they free up more time than it uses to level them

1-death to level 5-7
2-temperance to level 10
3-fortune to level 7

ill put why each one helps
death
at level 5, she will sell you accessories that regenerate SP. which lets you clear dungeons in one day. also lets you stay in dungeons and grind all at once. both uses save you a lot of days. they are very expensive, at level 7, she cuts all the prices in half

i highly recommend to do this quickly because visiting her improves guts, and you need level 3 guts to do the next link

temperance
at level 10 she lets you do another night activity after dungeon/momentos. but she also makes coffee, does laundry and makes infiltration tools while you do other night activities, so she frees up a lot of nights

fortune
she has multiple readings that speed up social link/stat growth. theres a social stat reading, that gives you +1 point to a certain stat that you train that day. for example, if you do the charm reading then go to the bathhouse, you get +3 charm instead of +2.

the social one makes sure everytime you hang out with a confidant, the bond deepens. so you never have to waste time building up a link.

i also recommend AT LEAST getting the sun link to level 2, the star link to level 1 and moon to level 3. the rewards are tremendous

warning is do NOT get ryuji to level 7, it makes grinding very painful, since you autokill on ambushes and dont get any money/items

My Ryuji is at 10 and he hasn't auto'd once... he could be saving me so much SP.

My Ryuji is at 10 and he hasn't auto'd once... he could be saving me so much SP.

thats his level 7 skill, the chance of him doing it, depends on your level vs the level of the opponent. it also has to be done on an ambush

7 Insta-kill Chance to instantly win a battle after a successful ambush.

makes it annoying to grind for money. especially if you have level 2 sun persona, where you can get up to 20-30k per battle

you know you can have essentially, infinite SP if you get death to level 5 and buy her accessory

Back