Persona 5

Picked up my Take Your Heart Edition form Gamestop this morning, unfortunately I have to wait until 11:30 pm to even play it. I have to work 12s all week so I won't be able to put in as much time as I'd like to this week, have to wait until the weekend.

I have never played a persona game... is Persona 5 a good one to start at?

I have never played a persona game... is Persona 5 a good one to start at?

They're all standalone games so you don't need to play the others ones to get the story in this one. Otherwise if you like classic turn based JRPGs this one should be right up your alley. There's also a TON of other stuff to do beside battles.

I'm gonna finish the Kingdom Hearts remastered versions first, but this is next on my list after Yakuza 0 became one of my all time favorite games. Not saying i'm expecting it to be similar, I just need more Japanese greatness in my life

Never been a big fan of jrpgs but I've been enjoying this. It's really weird

I'm gonna finish the Kingdom Hearts remastered versions first, but this is next on my list after Yakuza 0 became one of my all time favorite games. Not saying i'm expecting it to be similar, I just need more Japanese greatness in my life

Dude have you played Nier Automata? Ive plaed it for a day but been really busy. Do so, download the demo and play till the end for that awesome boss, I gurantee you'd buy it.

Dude have you played Nier Automata? Ive plaed it for a day but been really busy. Do so, download the demo and play till the end for that awesome boss, I gurantee you'd buy it.
I'll check it out. That's like a pure RPG though right? That's what turned me off of it. I like simple RPGs, thus the Kingdom Hearts replay Im doing lol but I saw it got amazing reviews

I'll check it out. That's like a pure RPG though right? That's what turned me off of it. I like simple RPGs, thus the Kingdom Hearts replay Im doing lol but I saw it got amazing reviews
Nah, its an action RPG. It has RPG elements but not pure, just play the demo and dont get turned off instantly. The soundtrack and boss fights are awesome. Its another exclusive thats a must play imo even though I never completed it. Cant wait till I can though.

Also I dont give a shit for reviews, most are utter crap. Giving mediocre games excellent reviews and great games bad reviews turns me off Just experience shit yourself.

how's the time management mechanic? stressful? (as in running out of time to do things you want to do?)

i couldn't ever come to terms with that type of mechanic in zelda - majora's mask

anyone have any insight into this? (re: persona 5, of course)

thanks

I never had a problem with it in the previous games; it becomes more of a factor if you want to max out all of your social links (basically unlocking all your abilities) since that usually involves engaging in some kind of activity with NPCs. If you spend too many days just going straight to bed and pass the timeto advance the story, then you'll miss a chance to participate in these events.

how's the time management mechanic? stressful? (as in running out of time to do things you want to do?)

i couldn't ever come to terms with that type of mechanic in zelda - majora's mask

anyone have any insight into this? (re: persona 5, of course)

thanks

it's not stressful, but you do have to plan in advance to make the most of your days.

Monday through Saturday you go to school and after school you have options on how to spend the afternoon. Spending time with friends or other acquaintances strengthens that Social Link which allows for that Persona type to grow stronger in battle. Different people are available different days so you have to prioritize what you want to build on.

You can choose to work which boost stats or study which boost different stats. these are out of battle stats which aid in building Social Links faster.

You can also choose to enter the Dungeons which is where you advance story missions or grind exp/materials/Personas.

the story takes place over a school year so you have to choose what you want to focus on. In Persona 3 and 4 there were guides to max everything in one playthrough. there was a NG+ where everything but social links carried over so you could focus all free time on building those instead of other attributes.

Outside of the time management stuff there is also a HUGE Pokemon type collecting system in Persona fusing. You can collect Personas after battles and have the ability to fuse Persona into a single Persona that inherent traits from the original Persona used. Early game you can only fuse 2 or 3, bit end game your fusing like 10 to make 1 uber Persona.

seems stressful :(

its not necessarily clock time like majoras mask, you can spend an infinite amount of time running around the same area or dungeon, the afternoon/evening segment ends when you leave the area/finish the dungeon. so its more about making choices of what you want to do, rather than rushing as fast as possible like majoras mask

dipped out of the office early and holy shit, this game imitates japan perfectly

i was just there last month and it looks exactly how i saw. the trainstations, the backstreets, the stores... holy fuck i think they lifted it directly from actual alleyways and not just landmarks

Never been a big fan of jrpgs but I've been enjoying this. It's really weird
I actively hate most JRPGs but the exceptions have always been paper mario games and most shin megami tensei games.
Not entirely sure why I absolutely can't stand any final fantasy game but love SMT3 and 4, Persona 2-4 and even the smt x fire emblem one on the wii u, but it is what it is.

Only like 7 hours into P5 so far, but it seems good. Really like some of the quality of life changes, like hitting R1 to automatically targetting a weakness, and I like the more SMTish way of recruiting demons more than the random card popups post-battle in previous persona games.

The first jrpg I played was FF7. I lasted about 20 minutes and got pissed off with the constant battles every 10 yards. Tried a few jrpg demos over the years but they all seemed to share the same endless grinding and FF pop up battle system which I don't like.

its not necessarily clock time like majoras mask, you can spend an infinite amount of time running around the same area or dungeon, the afternoon/evening segment ends when you leave the area/finish the dungeon. so its more about making choices of what you want to do, rather than rushing as fast as possible like majoras mask

Oooh, tyvm, didn't realize.. ok, I'm more intrigued now!

Amazon just sent my pre-order stuff yesterday. Hopefully I'll have it in hand this weekend since it shipped out from Florida and I'm in Washington. I've never gotten a game pre-order from Amazon on launch day and I always tell myself "this was the last time", but I keep coming back.

Ever other place I've ordered from online usually ships the day before release so you get it on launch day. Amazon for some reason ships launch day or the day after.

Like all persona games, I'm spending way too much time with the fusion system, making new personas

I love the system of weakening and then talking to the demons after battle, so it's more like catching Pokémon, but there's been a few that I can't catch because if I use an attack they are weak to, I one hit kill them....

Back