Perry is the new Misha Cirkunov

The people saying he won't make it in the top 5, how do you know? The same shit was said about Conor and look at him now. As of right now he won't be getting in the top 5, but someday he could be as he improves throughout the next couple of years. He has a lot of potential. He's young, powerful, great offense, etc. His defense could use some work because sometimes when he hurts people he moves forward with his hands down or drops them in exchanges, he was nearly KTFO because of this but was saved by the bell.

He's better today than he was back then, but he still does show this same issue with failing to bring his hands back to guard. That doesn't mean he won't improve it though because he shows improvements every time he fights. I'm a fan of him, he's fun to watch and I think he's also a funny guy to listen to, but some of his fans are definitely idiots. You never know what's going to happen. Just because he's popular and you don't like his fans (or trend followers), doesn't mean he can't possibly become a top guy some day. I won't be surprised if he gets into the top 5 someday down the road. Don't count the guy out.

I love seeing how triggered Sherdog gets from people having fun with an exciting prospect <45>

The people saying he won't make it in the top 5, how do you know? The same shit was said about Conor and look at him now. As of right now he won't be getting in the top 5, but someday he could be as he improves throughout the next couple of years. He has a lot of potential. He's young, powerful, great offense, etc. His defense could use some work because sometimes when he hurts people he moves forward with his hands down or drops them in exchanges, he was nearly KTFO because of this but was saved by the bell.

He's better today than he was back then, but he still does show this same issue with failing to bring his hands back to guard. That doesn't mean he won't improve it though because he shows improvements every time he fights. I'm a fan of him, he's fun to watch and I think he's also a funny guy to listen to, but some of his fans are definitely idiots. You never know what's going to happen. Just because he's popular and you don't like his fans (or trend followers), doesn't mean he can't possibly become a top guy some day. I won't be surprised if he gets into the top 5 someday down the road. Don't count the guy out.
I never said never but right now, he won't. Im just pissed people are saying that he can beat fucking Woodley.

I never said never but right now, he won't. Im just pissed people are saying that he can beat fucking Woodley.

I know what you mean 'cause I feel the same way. I believe he can get into the top 5 some day, just not right now. He needs more experience, he needs to work his way up. We've seen fighters basically have their career ruined because they were thrown in there with the top guys too early. Doing that with Perry could fuck everything up for him. His 'fans' (most aren't actually fans, just trend followers) don't get that though and if he did end up losing to top guys if he was put in there with them right now, it'd mean he was never that good, he always sucked, etc. That's the problem with MMA fans. So yeah, I think you and I are in the same boat when it comes to this. Perry's not ready for the top 5 right now and if he was matched up with Woodley right now, Woodley might have an entertaining fight and get an easy win and finish. Don't see Perry avoiding that right hand from Tyron. He (Perry) drops his hands very often when moving forward and during exchanges. Tyron would decapitate him with that right hand pretty quickly and easily.

I know what you mean 'cause I feel the same way. I believe he can get into the top 5 some day, just not right now. He needs more experience, he needs to work his way up. We've seen fighters basically have their career ruined because they were thrown in there with the top guys too early. Doing that with Perry could fuck everything up for him. His 'fans' (most aren't actually fans, just trend followers) don't get that though and if he did end up losing to top guys if he was put in there with them right now, it'd mean he was never that good, he always sucked, etc. That's the problem with MMA fans. So yeah, I think you and I are in the same boat when it comes to this. Perry's not ready for the top 5 right now and if he was matched up with Woodley right now, Woodley might have an entertaining fight and get an easy win and finish. Don't see Perry avoiding that right hand from Tyron. He (Perry) drops his hands very often when moving forward and during exchanges. Tyron would decapitate him with that right hand pretty quickly and easily.
I completely agree.

zzFoJFn.gif
oh look it's that guy who has an obsession with Mike Perry again

Man, you guys hate on the guy like you can just will him into failing. Sad, like the 10th hater thread I seen today.

Mike owns real estate in your heads

I have this theory that Mike Perry is what Papy Abedi would be if Papy Abedi had a streak of UFC wins.

Perry is the new fookin everyone
Calm down... He fought only 2 top 15 guys (deep bottom of it)

Cirkunov? lol, who just got ktfo by Goatdemir.

So who's the Volkan of WW who will KO Perry in 20 seconds due to a phantom punch?

Back