Perception has changed

Used to like:
Diaz Bros - Whining, not fighting, always some drama with these boys.
Khabib - If he pulls the same bullshit Conor did, he talked so much about legacy this and that.
Rockhold - Until he turned into Rocksalt
Big Country - Makes excuses, whines a lot, doesn't throwdown like he used to.

Used to dislike:
Bisping, found his trash talk and attitude annoying, guy grew on me after the rockhold KO. Respect his career, huge overachiever.
DC - His self righteousness during the Jones drama was insanely off putting. He's grown on me since then, seems like a genuinely good guy and is extremely talented.
Romero - Cheated a lot in his earlier fights, but fucking love the guy now, he's such a beast at his age.

Nate Diaz is dependent on Conor. How pathetic.

Nate Diaz is dependent on Conor. How pathetic.

Let's try to keep this thread on topic thank you.

Conor made Nate a primadonna no doubt but you couldn't possibly be insisting that any other fighter wouldn't want a red panty night?

Conor made Nate a primadonna no doubt but you couldn't possibly be insisting that any other fighter wouldn't want a red panty night?

I'm saying Nate literally at least for most of an entire year was dependent on that third fight. He made himself answerable to Conor. Big blunder.

Used to like Georges before he lost his balls.

Used to not like Conor but he won me over by backing up everything he said.

Don't like anymore: Paul Harris and Jon Jones. Pretty self explanatory.

Like now: Tony Ferguson. I used to think he was bad weird, now I realise he is awesome weird. Plus the most exciting fighter maybe ever.

I agree. I strongly dislike fighters that have no respect, like Paul Harris, Paul Daley, Hector Lombard, and Jon Jones. MMA already has so few rules -- it's not hard to follow them.

"no doubt"? Why did he take the Poirier fight then?

Used to dislike:
Bisping, found his trash talk and attitude annoying, guy grew on me after the rockhold KO. Respect his career, huge overachiever.

Bisping was a weird one for me... I hated him up until the Rocksalt fight, then I really liked him and was happy to see him become champion. I was even happy when he fought Dan Henderson. But then I started disliking him when he refused to fight Yoel Romero. Now I'm starting to like him again, now that he's retired and is more humble.

I agree. I strongly dislike fighters that have no respect, like Paul Harris, Paul Daley, Hector Lombard, and Jon Jones. MMA already has so few rules -- it's not hard to follow them.
I actually met Paul Daley once, guy was really nice in person.

Used to really like Weidman, then his success got on his head, he started talking about moving to LHW to add Jones to his resume (lol), looked coked out in a few interviews, lost, made some really lame excuses about it, lost again, lost again (looked for a way out this time), acted like he's still owed a title shot despite a 3 fight skid

I used to hate Conor (around the Mendes and Aldo fight) for being a classless, arrogant brat and a bully, but he has grown on me since. I think the real life Conor is a good dude with a strong belief in loyalty. He just knows how to sell a fight, and when it comes to giving a fight a superfight vibe there's no one like him. We should appreciate that. The constant, over the top haterade is annoying. Hate him or love him, he's making MMA more exciting to watch. We shouldn't blame the guy for the pathetic nutgarglers that constitute most of his fanbase.

Used to like Conor.
His trash talk on Khabib made me dislike him,especially given the miserable way he lost/gave up.

I liked Dillashaw until I realized he's a complete douche. Still enjoy watching him fight regardless.
i would've been dillashaw's biggest fan if he wasn't such a monumental douchebag.

he's extremely athletic, explosive and quick as all hell, stays technical and goes for the finish, has cardio for days... all of his fights are exciting.

but then he takes his shirt off at the airport and works on mitts, and does the same thing on an actual airplane. he also talked mad shit about a champion a weight class below his, and now he's saying he's going to kill that division. i will pray to the old gods and the new that cejudo finishes him, as unlikely as that is. it would make my fucking year.

i would've been dillashaw's biggest fan if he wasn't such a monumental douchebag.

he's extremely athletic, explosive and quick as all hell, stays technical and goes for the finish, has cardio for days... all of his fights are exciting.

but then he takes his shirt off at the airport and works on mitts, and does the same thing on an actual airplane. he also talked mad shit about a champion a weight class below his, and now he's saying he's going to kill that division. i will pray to the old gods and the new that cejudo finishes him, as unlikely as that is. it would make my fucking year.
I couldn't have said it any better.

I used to really like Condit until his Jacksonesque performance against Nick.

Back