People who think Conor has any chance in boxing against floyd

There's always a chance. I wouldn't bet on it, since floyd is a GOAT, but still. A fight's a fight.

He has so little chance that he almost has a chance. It's like a movie that's so horrible that it's kind of good. There's a chance that Floyd just doesn't take him seriously at all. Or maybe Conor takes the fight to the ground early on to throw Mayweather off, getting a 1-point deduction (no way they'd DQ that fight early in R1) and in the process Floyd gets injured, and it ends up like Bellew Haye. Conor won't want to go out a chump who gets jabbed to death for 12 rounds, he'll try any crazy WWE thing he can to make it look like he was the tougher guy. He'll lose by DQ in the middle rounds is my prediction, but there's a small chance he wins an injury DQ.

His youth,size and a punchers chance is his only lifeline. Floyd clocks in and goes 12 rounds almost without getting a good sweat going with a crazy avg of strikes thrown per round. Conor will not be able to match his output without dying from muscle fatigue

He has a chance, but that chance dwindles every minute the fight goes on. Floyd knows how to dance for 10-12 rounds, Conor gasses after 2.

Conor has a chance but it has nothing to do with boxing skill. If he wins its because of something like Floyd is surrounded by yes-men and he didnt train hard enough.

honestly watch all of floyd's highlights

he's best when he's counter punching. conor will coax floyd into going first and hit him hard w/ counters

conor will slow the pace of this fight and his hand accuracy and confidence will land him the KO victory.

boxing is going to have a new king

His only chance is in first, maybe second round as his unorthodox style might catch Floyd off guard. I think Conor will hit connect solidly in this time but after Mayweather starts to understand and read his timing it's going to be a long night for Conor. This fight reminds me of the movie " The Great White Hype".

He has a chance, but that chance dwindles every minute the fight goes on. Floyd knows how to dance for 10-12 rounds, Conor gasses after 2.

Accurate point just very over exaggerated

he's best when he's counter punching. conor will coax floyd into going first and hit him hard w/ counters

conor will slow the pace of this fight and his hand accuracy and confidence will land him the KO victory.

{<doc}

Unfortunately for you and Conner, there are so many little nuances to boxing with hand postions, foot postions, etc that only a few people, like Floyd get close to mastering it, or at least really good. Floyd has grown up in a boxing ring, Conner hasn't.

It's like expecting LeBron James to excel in football. Sure he's a terrific athlete, and both sports involve running and a ball, but they are still a lot different.

This will set MMA back and give the old boxing fans more ammo to say boxers are superior to MMA fighters.

Remember Randy Couture raping James Toney? This fight will look the same with Floyd being Randy.

It's a fun matchup though. Been a long time since we've had a freak show fight like this.

[/QUOTE]It's like expecting LeBron James to excel in football. Sure he's a terrific athlete, and both sports involve running and a ball, but they are still a lot different.

This will set MMA back and give the old boxing fans more ammo to say boxers are superior to MMA fighters.[/QUOTE]

You mean like how Michael Jordan trying out for baseball "set" basketball back and gave baseball fans more ammo to say baseball players are superior?

You mean like how Brock Lesnar trying out for football "set" amateur wrestling back and gave football fans more ammo to say football players are superior?

Set back like that?

Just to be clear, you're concerned that the "sport" will be set back because an elite MMA fighter lost to an elite boxer....in a boxing match. Okay.

It's a good thing Tom Brady never lost to MJ in a dunk contest...it just might invalidate his football hall of fame bid.

I'm fully expecting Conor to get picked apart and made to look pretty much out of his element. However, I'm excited as an MMA fan that he MIGHT have that .0001 of a puncher's chance, and if he has less than that so what? As a sports fan I'm curious, and I respect the man for working/talking his way into a big payday - something any one of us would do. I swear the way some of you people rant about McGregor taking this fight, it's like he did something personally to you and your family. Really? is this fight affecting you on such a deep seated emotional level that you foam at the mouth over it everyday. Is the fight happening that much of a personal offense?

If Conor wins I'll be happy as an MMA fan, if he gets embarrassed, I just hope it goes at least 7 or 8 rounds so I get my 5 dollars worth that Ill be chipping in with some friends. I won't feel bad, he got what he wanted, and he's a big boy so he'll have to deal with the heckling. Win or lose, I won't feel some personal validation or sinking feeling in my soul like some people on these boards seemingly will.

dont know shit about boxing!

people who do know about boxing give Conor a chance but you give him none? Even Vegas is giving Conor better odds than Berto got against Mayweather.

Im curious and im not going to look through your history so have to rely on your honesty, did you give:

Holly a chance against Ronda?
Nate a chance against Conor(the first time)
Conor a chance against Nate(the second time)
Conor a chance against Mendes?
Conor a chance against Aldo?
Conor a chance against Eddie?

Back