People who get upset about hunters yet consume animals or wear animal products bother me

I think it is a natural animal (and we humans are animals) drive to want to hunt and be outdoorsy. So yes that applies to properly killing animals for food if need be.

Trophy hunters I don't have an issue with if they are actually stocking the animal and not cage hunting them. The practice of having a lion brought to you and or shooting it when it is eating food you put out is rather sad. Much more badass if you went after it with a spear or yes gun and it was equal terrain. Or like hunting a tiger in the jungle
So you agree with PETA that we shouldn't own pets, but are fine with trophy hunters.

Eat animals master race crew checking in
Could kill any animal and wouldn't care crew checking in @Zookeeper Gabe
Don't though because I don't care to crew checking in

I don't know what any of that means... lol
I am quite liberal but am very far from a snowflake.

I do eat meat(have my families grass fed beef in my freezer now), I have also done more for conservation than the majority of hunters out there. I am also pro-hunting (sustainable) and come from a hunting household.

That being said trophy hunting sucks, the amounts of $$ that go back into conservation are widely overblown, the stories that the locals get the meat (also widely overblown). @Doughbelly spent a lot of time in Africa and shared some of his stories before and all the people who were prohunting got butt hurt as shit about it when his stories didn't fit their narrative.

There's a difference between killing for food (survival) and killing for trophies. I will not cheer that the guy died, especially since he had kids, but it is truly an ironic death

In this day and age the vast majority of our animal usage is completely unnecessary and therefore morally unjustifiable. If you can live without killing, enslaving or exploiting other sentient beings then you most definitely should endeavour to do so.

i was a vegetarian for 10 years, and rubbed it in as many poeples faces as i could
i eat meat now
i hate hunters and i laughed when i saw that, it was funny to me
COME AT ME TS

I just don't understand how someone can find enjoyment in killing an animal.
I mean killing it as a food source is fine.
But going out and having fun doing it is something I don't understand.
Especially flying to fucking Africa for it.

Not that I think it should be illegal or anything. It's just not for me.

Men ran after animals with pointy sticks for aeons. If anything it would be weird if people weren't into it. If you had been born in those times you'd probably have come to enjoy the thrill of the chase and the competition with the other men to be top hunter. You would also have been keen on impressing the girls back at your tribal village. These sorts of predatory and competitive activities still exist in our sophisticated society but literal hunting has gone away and been replaced by a thousand different jobs, activities and sports that more or less full-fill the same need.

I fill out 2 deer, an elk , and two moose tags annually for over two decades now. Love me some game meat and donate a good chunk to the food bank.

Edit: I process my own, cept donated that I just drop said carcasses off at approved locations.

Where the fuck are you getting 2 moose tags???? I live in a federally recognized subsistence area where I don't even need a tag and I'm only allowed to get 1 a year.

I can get 3 caribou though but that's not as good as moose.

Wild turkeys are incredibly stupid. Dumbest animal in the woods. I've seen the claim from "experts" online saying they're smart, but they must not have much interaction with them. People get the idea they're smart because they're so skittish they're hard to get close to. But it's not smarts. It's that they're so stupid they're scared of their own shadow.

I agree. Turkeys are dumb but they are delicious. I used to lov turkey hunting, I finally got tongetnan osceola a few years ago to finish the grand slam.

So recently a hunter killed an elephant and died after the elephant fell on top of him.

Sicko liberals from liberal outlets are cheering his death and mourning the elephant.

My question is how many of these people consume animals and are okay with the slaughter of animals and of wearing animals?

It just strikes me as hypocritical unless the person is willing to get Darwinist with it and admit that an elephant is a superior animal to a chicken, cow, pig or other animals which are slaughtered in masses and are given the status of 'inferiority'. The same goes double for insects. The Cockroach is one of the most hated bugs around yet it is practically harmless and has a right to life. I have heard people say that they wish they could genocide cockroaches, spiders and mosquitoes and fly's from the face of the earth.

So now genocide of some animals is okay? If that is the case don't call yourself a liberal and don't pretend to try and care about all humans because by those same standards you should support the genocide of 'inferior' groups of human-beings.

''Willing to get Darwinist''? Believing in the ''superiority'' or ''inferiority'' of different species is not ''darwinist'', that's not how evolution works. If anything that comes from social darwinism which is a bunk discredited theory from the 19th century that was liked by the nazis.

I eat meat, and I have fished and hunted for food. I don't have a problem with that. I wouldn't hunt an elephant though, especially with today's massive amount of poaching. I also find the elephant too intelligent to kill. I wouldn't go whaling either, even though that can provide a lot of meat and usable products.

I don't think pheasants, deer, elk, etc, have the same level of intelligence as elephants, whales or dolphins. I also don't think that elephants, whales, or dolphins need to have their numbers thinned.
I don't understand this line of thought personally. being a more intelligent animal doesn't give you anymore right to live Imo. That said I have nothing against hunting unless it's hunting to the extinction

Well if someone is against the killing of animals and then they wear furs and eat burgers that's pretty hypocritical, but there are people that just don't like killing animals but they will still eat animals and respect hunters that eat their kills.

I have friends that all hunt and when they ask me to go, I tell them I'd rather go train or ride my bike than go shoot an animal.

Men ran after animals with pointy sticks for aeons. If anything it would be weird if people weren't into it. If you had been born in those times you'd probably have come to enjoy the thrill of the chase and the competition with the other men to be top hunter. You would also have been keen on impressing the girls back at your tribal village. These sorts of predatory and competitive activities still exist in our sophisticated society but literal hunting has gone away and been replaced by a thousand different jobs, activities and sports that more or less full-fill the same need.

What a strange argument.
You could have all of that without actually killing the animal just use paintballs or whatever.
Anyway, I just don't understand how someone can look at a beautiful animal in the wild and shoot it.
I mean if you need it to be validated as a man go for it. I am not against hunting I just don't see the point.
Why bring pain to an innocent animal. Unless it's for population control or something.

You cant compare compare killing a cow to say an elephant or dolphin or higher primate mammal.

They're not close to being the same and they convey completely different levels of emotion. A chicken and a dolphin aren't close.

Killing big game for trophies is sick. Eating a hamburger or wearing a leather jacket is different. If you can't see how then I can't help you.

we shouldnt own pets ideally. I agree with PETA they arent ours to enslave
Since when are pets enslaved?

I've always had cats and they have never been 'enslaved' but more welcomed into our family and taken care of hence why they came back on their own free will every night and would gladly sit on you for attention.

People adore their dogs, birds, fucking tarantulas etc.

No one is enslaving an animal by caring for it.

I don't have issues with hunters who hunt for food or plan to use the animal body parts. I have an issue with the rich Texan who flies to Africa to shoot a lion simply because he can and he thinks it's the manliest thing ever.

Since when are pets enslaved?

I've always had cats and they have never been 'enslaved' but more welcomed into our family and taken care of hence why they came back on their own free will every night and would gladly sit on you for attention.

People adore their dogs, birds, fucking tarantulas etc.

No one is enslaving an animal by caring for it.

Agreed! If anything, we are "enslaved" to them, generally speaking. A dog can get fed, loved, pampered and protected from harm, and what does it have to do to earn it? Just exist.

Where the fuck are you getting 2 moose tags???? I live in a federally recognized subsistence area where I don't even need a tag and I'm only allowed to get 1 a year.

I can get 3 caribou though but that's not as good as moose.
Always someone in the group who doesn't fill theirs *wink wink

Agree on moose as the top meat. I make shit loads of sausage/jerky.

I don't know what any of that means... lol
I am quite liberal but am very far from a snowflake.

I do eat meat(have my families grass fed beef in my freezer now), I have also done more for conservation than the majority of hunters out there. I am also pro-hunting (sustainable) and come from a hunting household.

That being said trophy hunting sucks, the amounts of $$ that go back into conservation are widely overblown, the stories that the locals get the meat (also widely overblown). @Doughbelly spent a lot of time in Africa and shared some of his stories before and all the people who were prohunting got butt hurt as shit about it when his stories didn't fit their narrative.

Here, you've seen these, but have some pics! Other thread, too?

NakuruTreeRhinosandCapeBuffalo_zps63630187.png

NakuruTreeBuffalo_zpsc8f1f250.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I don't know what possesses a person when they see a magnificent, majestic animal to want to take it's life. Inherently selfish, IMO.

Not that I'm against hunting. I'd jump right back on any kind of bird hunt or a boar hunt any day of a the week if I had the chance. And man, is boar ever good eats. I'll slaughter anything up to goat sized. Only reason I haven't is because, why would I ever have to slaughter a cow?

OTOH, I have heard people talking about how good looking or strong a buck is before they shoot. BANG. That was a damned fine buck. Don't get it. I mean, I get the hunt and proper venison can be a treat, but to fetishize the strength of the prey before taking it is a little beyond my pale.

In this day and age the vast majority of our animal usage is completely unnecessary and therefore morally unjustifiable. If you can live without killing, enslaving or exploiting other sentient beings then you most definitely should endeavour to do so.
I don't agree with the logic, word usage or case you are making here. It is flawed across the board imo.

I certainly am for humane treatment and raising of animals but domestic animals are not the same as wild animals. You cannot overlay human concepts of freedom on them as that is as silly as suggesting dogs and cats are enslaved if we breed and keep them as pets (as the guy upthread did) when that is what they appreciate and want from life.

Raising and eating domestic animals is in no way morally unjustifiable.

Last edited:
Back